State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-16-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt any jury member is going to forget the highlights of GC's testimony, which involved a violent attack by the defendant which lasted up to 20 minutes, in which she was continuously jumped on, pushed down, arms pinned back, left bruised, her ring ripped off her finger to the point of being cut, and other further outbursts of rage in which he smashed her windshield with his fist, and also put a hole in his apt wall.

I don't doubt that they won't forget it--I am afraid the impact of learning about the assault was diminished by so much testimony after the assault testimony came out. I wish there was some way BH could have gone back to the hotel assault and the fist through the windshield before she completed, at the very end of, the testimony from this witness. Those incidents would have been what the jury was left with from this witness.

That is like a hook that got a king mackeral.

I think the stairwell one was pushed up after it was plugged in. This is the metal door held open by various objects of nature such as lava rocks and some say twigs.

I understand the theory to be he comes back, metal door is now closed b/c rock is removed by staff, so he enters glass door next to it (was it locked unlocked etc) and then enters the stairwell to his right where he would be under the stairwell camera and able to tilt it up if he wanted to allowing him to proceed up the stairs.

You are correct, it was the same camera. I went back read again.LOL Pushed back up at 6:10. Hope they do a good job explaining this to the jury.

I bet his eyes are/were blinking like a machine-gun today.

I believe this testimony showed JY has a Jekyl/Hyde personality. Many of those friends or family who say he's such a great guy and life of the party, knew of this abuse and over-looked it because he didn't do it to them. When the one person who could attest to his evilness spoke out, they shunned her. :(

How sad is that?

This woman's testimony is a vital piece of the puzzle of how a 'nice guy' can POSSIBLY turn into a murderer.

JMHO
fran

PS...I believe the importance of this witness testimony is to the pros, is displayed by the very limited questions posed by the defense attorney....imho, fran

I agree with you fran, and it was very smart of the defense to leave it where they did and not try to make her into someone who "caused" Jason to behave that way. I thought they would, but they were smarter than that. I think it would have backfired if the jurors have any knowledge of (or intuition about) the cycle of abuse.

I doubt any jury member is going to forget the highlights of GC's testimony, which involved a violent attack by the defendant which lasted up to 20 minutes, in which she was continuously jumped on, pushed down, arms pinned back, left bruised, her ring ripped off her finger to the point of being cut, and other further outbursts of rage in which he smashed her windshield with his fist, and also put a hole in his apt wall.

Did the defense cross? Did they ask if JY had any bruises, cuts, scrapes after that attack? Thanks.....following along. No sound at work.

If she weren't alive to tell it, it would be hard to believe he'd do such things. :waitasec:

She's lucky she got away. Amazing he's the kind of guy who thinks he could beat a woman and terrify her, and then later hit her up for a sexual encounter.

I was waiting to hear if JLY *injured* his hand in any way after punching out her windshield or punching the wall after she read Carol Ann's letter. Just finished reading Stieg Larssons book last night, with the big guy who 'felt no pain/never injured himself when punching people out.' The sequel to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.' Still got that image in my mind.

A lot of jurors taking notes, but 2 or 3 men not taking notes per TTV

I was waiting to hear if JLY *injured* his hand in any way after punching out her windshield or punching the wall after she read Carol Ann's letter. Just finished reading Stieg Larssons book last night, with the big guy who 'felt no pain/never injured himself when punching people out.' The sequel to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.' Still got that image in my mind.

I loved those books! Did you see the movie?

Did the defense cross? Did they ask if JY had any bruises, cuts, scrapes after that attack? Thanks.....following along. No sound at work.

Yes, they're on break now. The defense did a very brief cross, basically asked GC whether she went back to sleep with him that night in the hotel (she doesn't recall but thinks she did not) and whether her relationship with him resumed after this incident. That's about it.

Yes, they're on break now. The defense did a very brief cross, basically asked GC whether she went back to sleep with him that night in the hotel (she doesn't recall but thinks she did not) and whether her relationship with him resumed after this incident. That's about it.

The DT also emphasized the fact that JY was drinking.

Thanks. Do we know if their relationship resumed?

No, I said the jury will NOT forget the highlights of GC testimony which include that brutal 20 min attack in the hotel room. There will be many more witnesses to come so if they can't remember highlights and are not taking notes, then hopefully the other jurors who are paying attention will enlighten them during deliberations.

Defense emphasized JY had been drinking and therefore might not normally be violent when completely sober. MOO

I think her testimony is diluted somewhat by her continuing to have a relationship with him. However, i believe it was low esteem which was possibly caused by the abusive relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member