State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-23-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great question. If I have this correct, there was testimony they were on very early but not so later? And in any event the witness had found that odd?

So, it could have been the case MY had left the lights on, if she had been worried, but I think that is contrary to what is believed - which is the lights were turned on at some point during the night/early morning.

It was a dangerous move regardless of the killer's identity. To support my opinion, I would say JY knew no one was coming home, knew he had a bigger mess to deal with than he had planned, knew he had to minimize the evidence, and so turned the lights on to deal with it since he was in a hurry. To the contrary, the same could be said for the stranger killer, and to boot that the stranger would more likely need the lights on not being as familiar with the home.

The lights were on and never turned off.

There is one bloody smear on the doorknob in the kitchen that leads to the garage. That was MY's blood. That is the door the killer used to take himself (and likely CY) out and then through the garage to the door closest to the hose outside. Remember that hose was left running all night and into the next day.

Garbage bags were left out on the counter in the kitchen.

What seems likely and common sense: the killer was able to contain the mess to mostly the MBR because he controlled his own movements. CY's footprints in her mommy's blood are in the MBR and then in the hall bathroom. She was carried into that bathroom, the door was closed, and she was left in there while the killer got his clothes off, changed, etc.

No blood was found in the drains. Likely that the killer used washcloths and a couple towels. He would have put everything into garbage bags as he completed his tasks. He would have put the bloody shoes in there as well. He used the outside hose to wash up.

He wasn't trying to CLEAN a crime scene...he was only making sure HE didn't leave evidence of his identity at the scene! And what evidence he did leave, was meant to confuse and obfuscate (i.e. the Franklin size 10 shoe prints)

CY's diaper was not found in any of the trash bins (meaning: the killer took it with him).

Everything he wore was put in a trash bag. The weapon too. He probably double and tripled bagged everything to make sure nothing got out. It was not only possible for a murder to be contained upstairs, it's what occurred.

That's an extremely informative post. I had forgotten the garbage bags were out.

Clearly, I think JY did it. It would have been a lot simpler for him to sequester CY in the bathroom post spanking while taking anything with evidence off and running downstairs for garbage bags.

If the killer did not anticipate a large mess or being covered in evidence, it would be much easier for JY to deal with on the fly than a stranger, with the dog, CY, and the household goods and such.

Were adult size shoe prints found anywhere other than the master bedroom?

Were adult size shoe prints found anywhere other than the master bedroom?

No, just the bedroom.

But, something is really bugging me about the shoes in the SUV, I never thought of before.

:)

The lights were on and never turned off.

I haven't followed every detail of this case but perhaps he left the lights on for the daughter? So she wasn't in the dark or maybe he wanted to attract attention to the home after he was gone so someone would find the daughter?

These ones:

youngshoe1.jpg

youngshoe2.jpg

Yes, thank you, Otto !!

Okay, the shoes in the back of the SUV were seized when Jason got back to Raleigh.
So, these HAD to be his shoes when he left the house to go to his meeting, and to
Cracker Barrel and in the hotel video, how else would they have got in the back of his SUV?

He wasn't allowed back in the Birchleaf home to get any shoes to put in the SUV.
So, what shoes did he have on when he got back to Raleigh?
Unless he grabbed some shoes at his Mom's house.
And, if these are the shoes he left in, and they don't have blood on them, I don't get it.
Unless, you think he took the hush puppies out of his closet and then walked in blood?
:confused:

??????????

HOWEVER, JY did leave some evidence besides his shoe prints.

He left his hand / finger print on the wall near his closet doorframe... 16 inches above the floor and 7 inches in from the frame. Blood spatter did not cover that hand / finger print, because that spatter occurred while his left hand was on the wall for leverage and balance, as he was bent over, beating his wife to death. This fact is contained in a search warrant.

It was also testified they had no idea how long the print had been there, there was no way to tell.

Cammy, I ask the same question and went as far to say, he had to wear his dress shoes coming from his mom's and it Has been testified to, he was still wearing his suit pants when he arrived at Meredith's. That was my reason why I suspected he bought more comfy shoes the day of the NTO. I doubt very much those dress shoes were very comfortable.
ETA: That was while you and sweetie were enjoying your surprise VDG..

Yes, thank you, Otto !!

Okay, the shoes in the back of the SUV were seized when Jason got back to Raleigh.
So, these HAD to be his shoes when he left the house to go to his meeting, and to
Cracker Barrel and in the hotel video, how else would they have got in the back of his SUV?

He wasn't allowed back in the Birchleaf home to get any shoes to put in the SUV.
So, what shoes did he have on when he got back to Raleigh?
Unless he grabbed some shoes at his Mom's house.
And, if these are the shoes he left in, and they don't have blood on them, I don't get it.
Unless, you think he took the hush puppies out of his closet and then walked in blood?
:confused:

??????????

LE made a huge mistake with respect of not getting the clothes he was wearing when he arrived.

We must also recall the testimony of the prosecution expert that stated they could not even confirm whether they were a size 12 let alone coinfirm that the prints were his due to the wear pattern issue.

Cammy, I ask the same question and went as far to say, he had to wear his dress shoes coming from his mom's and it Has been testified to, he was still wearing his suit paints when he arrived at Meredith's. That was my reason why I suspected he bought more comfy shoes the day of the NTO. I doubt very much those dress shoes were very comfortable.

Thanks Coug.....:)

Something is just missing here and not adding up.

We know he bought new shoes for the funeral.

LE made a huge mistake with respect of not getting the clothes he was wearing when he arrived.

We must also recall the testimony of the prosecution expert that stated they could not even confirm whether they were a size 12 let alone coinfirm that the prints were his due to the wear pattern issue.

That was a mistake on their part and then issuing a search warrant for the shirt a year later.

I like your edit, I am tired too, these shoes are bugging me.

These have to be his business shoes from when he left the home.

:seeya: you guys tomorrow.

Last day for the state's case., who will be the last witness?

That was a mistake on their part and then issuing a search warrant for the shirt a year later.

I like your edit, I am tired too, these shoes are bugging me.

These have to be his business shoes from when he left the home.

:seeya: you guys tomorrow.

Last day for the state's case., who will be the last witness?

Cassidy Young is my guess

Thanks Coug.....:)

Something is just missing here and not adding up.

We know he bought new shoes for the funeral.
I agree, the picture of shoes in vehicle are the ones he left home wearing. But I don't think they are hush puppies, I think the HP were donated before her death.

Don't slow down Cammy or I will run over you. My bed is calling for me. Nite E1 ...

I agree, the picture of shoes in vehicle are the ones he left home wearing. But I don't think they are hush puppies, I think the HP were donated before her death.

No,of course they aren't the Hush Puppies....

I will have to rethink this.

Nite, Coug..:)

Not sure about the beneficiary because I've never done that but I have changed the amount. We have separate login names and passwords so I'm assuming they would know which one of us did it.

bbm

That's exactly how they would know which one of you did it -- separate logins. I'm a retired programmer/tech support for a bank, and they can research who did what, when & how much if they need to do that.

I also worked in the retail part of the bank for several years, so I know about joint accounts as well. By far, most joint accounts are owned jointly and separately, and only one signature is required.

Occasionally, but not often, a bank will open an account requiring two or more signatures, but it is very rare. With commercial accounts, it is also rare, but it can be done. These accounts are not "cherished" by banks since it obviously takes a bit more attention than a one-signer-needed account

Not being familiar with that area or roads, this is a serious question. Is there more than one route that can be taken to get from the CB to the HI? The reason I ask is because when I key a "from" and "to" on mapquest, I don't always agree with the route, direction it tells me to take and can sometimes find a shorter route.

I agree -- Mapquest said to make a turn on the a street that did not exist twice. Certainly the exception, but still...

I think Google Maps does a better job. But it seems to me, their estimate of time is always longer that it takes -- we stay within 10 mph of the speed limit, but we do use radar detectors, tho not in VA.

I'm not sure the state (or particularly anyone here that I've seen) takes the position JY changed in his closet, just that he likely accessed it and not the other closet.

Agreed there is very little evidence downstairs. A bit of blood on a door knob and the hose running outside - that's all I know of.

ETA: No matter if one thinks JY did it, JY and somebody else did it, or JY wasn't there, the killer was highly effective at limiting evidence to the upstairs area.

I have always wondered if JY wore those foot covers that hospital personnel and evidence investigators use -- after he cleaned up and headed downstairs to do his final wash-off. Those blue, gauze-like slip-on bootie things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat