The Kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the kitten story can only be confirmed if a gas station within a 2 sq mile radius can produce a video of a small cat walking along the street that day.

I think the kitten story can only be confirmed if a gas station within a 2 sq mile radius can produce a video of a small cat walking along the street that day.

And as soon as the press finds such a video of a cat it will start screaming "He did it! He did it!"
:floorlaugh:

Although it may be hard to see if it is a cat or a dog...

I think they need to question the cat's / kitten's friends and family members.

The kitten was newly introduced to the household... as well as the father working into the late hours... these two elements.. could be the things that tip the scales to disaster..

If DB gets drunk because she doesn't want to be left alone that night.. and his influence is not their to add extra care to the baby.... it increases the chance of neglect..

I have always been warned to never let a cat into a baby's room... because they can jump into the crib... and attracted to the milk on the baby's face or clothes..can end up curling up on the head of a child and accidentally suffocate it... in fact when I had cats they seemed to perfer curling up around my head when I was sleeping....

So it could be possible for this terrible accident to have happened... then DB panics or JI panics and buries the baby somewhere...

They might not even know exactly what happened to the baby... just that they found her not breathing..

The kitten was newly introduced to the household... as well as the father working into the late hours... these two elements.. could be the things that tip the scales to disaster..

If DB gets drunk because she doesn't want to be left alone that night.. and his influence is not their to add extra care to the baby.... it increases the chance of neglect..

I have always been warned to never let a cat into a baby's room... because they can jump into the crib... and attracted to the milk on the baby's face or clothes..can end up curling up on the head of a child and accidentally suffocate it... in fact when I had cats they seemed to perfer curling up around my head when I was sleeping....

So it could be possible for this terrible accident to have happened... then DB panics or JI panics and buries the baby somewhere...

They might not even know exactly what happened to the baby... just that they found her not breathing..
It's an old wives tail. Read snoopes. I don't believe there is any documented cases where cat actually smothered a baby. Let alone a large 10 months old, not a newborn. A kitten would be more in danger from a 10 months old (pulling on the tail, ears, etc) than a 10 months old from a kitten smothering the child.

in fact when I had cats they seemed to perfer curling up around my head when I was sleeping....

Snipped & BBM

I used to have a kitty that like to curl up by my head, too. :)

I think the reason cats like to curl up next to someone's head is because our heads give off a lot of body heat. Cats like to be warm. Our heads are like radiators to them.

We need the neighbor and the boys to answer that question. I think there was but when it came into the house and why are the big nagging questions.

Jeremy stated that he woke Deb to ask why the boy was in her bed, and where the cat had come from, so presumably she got it after getting the wine, but before losing the baby. I do not think she had found it before Jeremy went to work. This may explain why no "cat supplies" were purchased on the infamous shopping trip.

I've said this before, but I'll repeat it here.

IF DB found a kitten after JI went to work (which is what the parents say), then she allowed the kitten to sleep in the house with no litter box or food available? :waitasec:

And if somehow it turns out that she did have litter and food available for this kitten, where did it come from? DB never mentions leaving the house that night.

If they have another cat, or have previously owned a cat, some supplies may have been in the home. When we found a kitten, we used a cardboard soda case (the brown corrugated type, 2" tall that holds 4 6-packs) and lined it with a trash bag. We had cat litter for traction on the icy driveway we put inside, and fed it water and table scraps from styrofoam bowls until the stores opened the next day. Even then, we got a rubbermaid tub instead of a regular litterbox because it was bigger. Less of the litter ends up on the floor.

All this talk of the kitten has reminded me of something my brother and I used to do when we were much younger (and sometimes still do). When someone discovers something inconvenient or annoying around the house -say, last piece of lasagna was eaten and the empty pan returned to fridge, or last bit of toilet tissue used and empty roll left on the holder - we would offer up, "Lindsay [cat] did it!" usually the guilty party, having been caught red-handed, blurted it out as a joke. :lol:

(OT)
My ex-husband could NEVER wait for a pan of brownies to cool down enough to cut them. I'd say "not yet" or "wait" and he'd end up going into the kitchen and digging a piece out using a fork. Then when I (finally!) went to cut the brownies and noticed the void, he would tell me the cat had done it "See the claw (fork) marks?"

Apologies if this has been mentioned before...

Could it be that this kitten/cat was "disturbing" Lisa's body at a dump/burial or even temporary hiding-of-the-body site? Perhaps the kitten came in contact with Lisa's remains and DB (or JI) were forced to bring the cat to the house to keep it from disturbing the body. Now let's say that cat curls up at the end of the bed and transfers the scent to the area.

I'm not believing the boys and the 4 y/o girl were all inside watching a movie for four hours between Lisa being put to bed and the neighbor leaving approximately 10:30pm. The boys likely were outside sometime after JI went to work before sunset and found the kitten.

It's not impossible that one movie ended and they started another, particularly a "sequel" type of thing. I know my daughter and my stepsons like to watch "all 3 Spy Kids movies" or "all the Lion King" movies in a row. At age 8, one can easily be expected to be able to switch discs. But who lets a 6 year old (1st grade student?) stay up until 10:30 on a school night?

...snip...

Sounds like last week's episode of Law & Order SVU, no?

Apologies if this has been mentioned before...

Could it be that this kitten/cat was "disturbing" Lisa's body at a dump/burial or even temporary hiding-of-the-body site? Perhaps the kitten came in contact with Lisa's remains and DB (or JI) were forced to bring the cat to the house to keep it from disturbing the body. Now let's say that cat curls up at the end of the bed and transfers the scent to the area.

One way or another, that's still going to leave the scent of Lisa's remains at the house. It isn't like they can use it as an excuse. "Well, we were doing some late night gardening, see, and this kitten kept nosing around. An intruder had already taken the baby, unbeknownst to us, killed her, and buried her remains in the very same garden. We did not want the kitty to dig up our radishes, so we took him home, and the odor of the baby was inadvertantly transferred to our bed."

I'm not believing the boys and the 4 y/o girl were all inside watching a movie for four hours between Lisa being put to bed and the neighbor leaving approximately 10:30pm. The boys likely were outside sometime after JI went to work before sunset and found the kitten.

I've been thinking the same thing. No way were those kids sitting watching movies
all those hours. I had thought especially about the little 4 yr old girl and that she
would surely rather go see and play with the baby than hang around with the boys
all that time!

Does anyone think that if there was an accident involving the children with the baby
that the adults would cover up for them??
It really doesn't make sense does it?

I've been thinking the same thing. No way were those kids sitting watching movies
all those hours. I had thought especially about the little 4 yr old girl and that she
would surely rather go see and play with the baby than hang around with the boys
all that time!

Does anyone think that if there was an accident involving the children with the baby

I agree that it doesn't really make sense ... but it has crossed my mind too.

all that time!

When I first moved to the US my nephew ( yea I refer to him as my nephew even though it is on my new wife's side of the family) would sit in front of a tv 24/7 if you let him. I don't find that strange in this day and age. The average movie lasts 2hrs. As far as I know, all their children are accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmdexcavation