The last person to have seen Kyron

What really burns me up about this case :furious: is the way she was ready to let the teacher and the school take the fall for "losing" her son. Think of all the horrible things that were written about how awful and negligent the teacher was, and the school should be ashamed, etc. I wonder if she had $ signs in her eyes thinking about their future negligence lawsuit against Portland Public Schools?

It's one thing to do a horrible thing to a child. It's even worse when you try to pin the blame on innocents who have nothing but the best intentions for that child. MHO.

Well again Terri IMHO only was the last person to see Kyron and looking into the latest news it looks like my theory is firming up ..... Where is Kyron :( I am so sorry to even type that

Per the press conference today, LE says that Terri was the last person seen with Kyron. That must be from all the interviews taken with the students and teachers, so I am guessing that Tanner's comments were not confirmed. The flyers they sent out are seeking confirmation of that.

Per the press conference today, LE says that Terri was the last person seen with Kyron. That must be from all the interviews taken with the students and teachers, so I am guessing that Tanner's comments were not confirmed. The flyers they sent out are seeking confirmation of that.

Tanner may well have seen Kyron, just earlier in the timeline. Terri might have still be at the school, just not with Kyron at the time Tanner saw him.

On the video, right at the very end, Lieutenant Mary Lindstrand, a spokesperson for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, said the SM said they were looking at science fair and were in 2-3 different classrooms. Lt Lindstrand said I was told she went up one stairwell and Kyron went up the other stairwell..SM saw him in the hall heading towards his class...

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95691389.html?

bbl

I thought last week LE confirmed TH was the last person to have seen Kyron.

We also heard of T's sighting and conversation with Kyron but i was lead to believe that LE although not dismissing his account outright that perhaps his timing was wrong leaving Th as the last known person to see him.

Now i just read LE states an unnamed person last saw Kyron at 9:00??

is this just bad reporting? Am i just not getting it???

Who was the last person to see Kyron?

"The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office reported that the second-grader was last seen by an unnamed witness at about 9 a.m. walking to his classroom, about 15 minutes after his stepmother said she left him"

http://kdrv.com/page/180257

LE has stated that a person saw Kyron at 9:00 and since they keep saying that and not much else, I guess I believe it.

If I was that person, I would not want my name out there as a potential witness to seeing something. Maybe the perp would think that I know more than I do. No thanks!

So then I would have to wonder, did the person responsible for Kyron's exit from the school know about his interest in the electrical display?. Maybe Kyron mentioned to SM before the science fair (like even a day or several days before the fair) an interest in seeing it and she used that as her opportunity to make her move? We have reports that she was seen leaving the building without Kyron. But we also do not know that LE is withholding statements made that she was either seen going back inside the school or just made it appear she was leaving the school, but didn't. Or if there was an accomplice, there was an arrangement made to intercept Kyron on the way to the electrical display or exiting after seeing the electrical display.

On the video, right at the very end, Lieutenant Mary Lindstrand, a spokesperson for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, said the SM said they were looking at science fair and were in 2-3 different classrooms. Lt Lindstrand said I was told she went up one stairwell and Kyron went up the other stairwell..SM saw him in the hall heading towards his class...

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95691389.html?

bbl

Does anyone else find that odd? Does anyone know where these stairwells are? Are they at the opposite ends of the building? Are there two towards the middle of the building? I don't understand the taking separate stairwells ... :waitasec:

Kyron's classroom was on the second floor, right? When taking the steps to the main floor, how far away is the door he's suspected exiting from, frmo the bottom of the stairwell? (if told to do so).

Kyron's classroom was on the second floor, right? When taking the steps to the main floor, how far away is the door he's suspected exiting from, frmo the bottom of the stairwell? (if told to do so).

His classroom is right next to the stairway which is right next to the exit door. Nothing in between.

I thought last week LE confirmed TH was the last person to have seen Kyron.

Now i just read LE states an unnamed person last saw Kyron at 9:00??

is this just bad reporting? Am i just not getting it???

http://kdrv.com/page/180257

I sent their news desk an email. I quoted this article, and used another article they published on their website to back up the TH is the last known person statement. I asked them to determine which was accurate, or whether the facts had changed.

I hope they respond because if this is irresponsible, inaccurate reporting, they need to correct it.

Just found this stated by Matt Shelby, spokesman for Portland Public Schools and why has there not been more said about this?...

~begin quote~
Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together.

He said it was common for parents to pick up kids this way, so no suspicions were raised. ~end quote~

I had never heard that two teachers had seen and thought the two of them left together...

http://arklatexhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=109355

Just found this stated by Matt Shelby, spokesman for Portland Public Schools and why has there not been more said about this?...

~begin quote~
Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together.

He said it was common for parents to pick up kids this way, so no suspicions were raised. ~end quote~

I had never heard that two teachers had seen and thought the two of them left together...

The term "substitute teacher" in this case has baffled me from the get-go. If Kyron's regular classroom teacher (Mrs. Porter) was in the building that day, why did she have a "sub"? Was the substitute teacher actually a paid employee of the school district, or was this a parent volunteer whom students might have thought was a substitute?

There are occasions when a classroom teacher can be in the building doing record-keeping, reviewing test scores, etc. and a substitute can take over the teacher's duties for a half-day or full-day, if warranted, but this individual is being compensated. Volunteers are just that - there is no remuneration for their presence in the school.

I don't know whether or not the "two teachers" were two of Skyline's permanent teachers, or one of the "teachers" was a district substitute, or the "two" people were Kyron's teacher and a volunteer parent. Confusing. jmo

~begin quote~

Haven't seen this before either. If this account is true, then why did TH come back and pick Kyron up from school? I really think she told Kyron he had a doctor's appt that day. Kyron's teachers must be devastated by this.

The term "substitute teacher" in this case has baffled me from the get-go. If Kyron's regular classroom teacher (Mrs. Porter) was in the building that day, why did she have a "sub"? Was the substitute teacher actually a paid employee of the school district, or was this a parent volunteer whom students might have thought was a substitute?

There are occasions when a classroom teacher can be in the building doing record-keeping, reviewing test scores, etc. and a substitute can take over the teacher's duties for a half-day or full-day, if warranted, but this individual is being compensated. Volunteers are just that - there is no remuneration for their presence in the school.

I don't know whether or not the "two teachers" were two of Skyline's permanent teachers, or one of the "teachers" was a district substitute, or the "two" people were Kyron's teacher and a volunteer parent. Confusing. jmo

Maybe this person was both -- this could've been a parent helper for that day, as it was an unusually busy day for the children with regard to the science fair, but maybe she also substituted on occasion. If she had ever substituted, this would explain the other child (T) calling her a substitute.

Also, maybe the parent was only volunteering for the morning because of the science fair; this could explain why she left.

Does anyone else find that odd? Does anyone know where these stairwells are? Are they at the opposite ends of the building? Are there two towards the middle of the building? I don't understand the taking separate stairwells ... :waitasec:

As silly as it may sound, when I was a kid, i loved doing things like this. seeing my parents walk across the street, across the park etc. made me feel "independent". maybe kyron was doing the same.

Just came across this, so posting it here for reference:

From ABC Good Morning America interview with Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby from June 7, 2010:

The last school official to see the boy put him in the classroom earlier that morning showing off his project. No school official saw him after that.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyr...ode-search-continues/story?id=10847733&page=2

Then, that would negate the notion that Kyron did indeed tour the science fair with his group. The chaperone must have done a head count at the beginning of the tour, and that is when the teacher told her that he must have been getting a drink or going to the bathroom.

Then, that would negate the notion that Kyron did indeed tour the science fair with his group. The chaperone must have done a head count at the beginning of the tour, and that is when the teacher told her that he must have been getting a drink or going to the bathroom.

Yes, I've never seen anything that led me to believe he had toured with the group.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back