The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
MissYouJanet said:
I never heard that, but from what I have heard about the crime scene, it is easy to see how he could have thought that initially.

How sad, was there reason to suspect that Janet was depressed or unhappy?
I know post-pard can be pretty tough on some women, maybe that's why ... :(

MissYouJanet said:
I never heard that, but from what I have heard about the crime scene, it is easy to see how he could have thought that initially.
Can you tell us a little more about the crime scene? Was she stabbed more than once? Was Kaiden ok when Raven got home? Do they still have a dog and two cats and were the pets ok? Was anything stolen? The computer?

Sorry for the questions. Thanks in advance.

The Smart family was a large, high profile LDS family in SLC.
They were in " the thick of things" socially and politically.
When their daughter, Elizabeth, went missing, they told the WORLD.
Over and over on every major news station. They prayed and we prayed with them.

When Elizabeth was released by her deranged " groom" and his ghoulish companion, the Smarts TOLD THE WORLD what Elizabeth had endured. What they had to say was brutally honest, they chose to tell the world that their beautiful daughter had been violated by a sicko monster who corrupted their own Spiritual values for his own purposes.

The Smarts were: Lauded, applauded, featured on MANY non-crime oriented TV shows. People LIKED watching them because they a beautiful and charasmatic family which comes across on TV like no LDS- sponsored ad ever could. They were grace under pressure, a living example of their Scriptures.
I never read or heard one single derogatory word about them in the media. It would have been like slamming baseball, apple pie and all the good parts of America. They even dressed alike in red white and blue outfits.

So, I am sorry. I find it hard to believe and very sad that another family would now come behind the Smarts and because they are also LDS, could possibly think or fear they would be trampled because of their beliefs. The Smarts changed the way the world views Mormons forever.

In fact, Janet's family OR a family spokesperson could have made an appeal for info leading to the apprehension of Janet's killer for a reward without mentioning their religion at all if they so chose.

PrayersForMaura said:
Can you tell us a little more about the crime scene? Was she stabbed more than once? Was Kaiden ok when Raven got home? Do they still have a dog and two cats and were the pets ok? Was anything stolen? The computer?

Sorry for the questions. Thanks in advance.
I haven't asked the family too many questions I don't want to upset thtem more than what they already are. Just like you I have been relying on the news for that kind of info.
I do know that Kaiden was unharmed and I haven't heard that the animals were hurt in any way either.

This is true...then there was also the Hacking case, where her family spoke very little, and were respected for their choice. Im not sure there is a right or wrong way for these families to deal with such tragedy.

Thinkoflaura said:
The Smarts changed the way the world views Mormons forever.

In fact, Janet's family OR a family spokesperson could have made an appeal for info leading to the apprehension of Janet's killer for a reward without mentioning their religion at all if they so chose.
That is so true! Do we know that Janet's family isn't talking because of their beliefs?

Thinkoflaura said:
The Smart family was a large, high profile LDS family in SLC.
They were in " the thick of things" socially and politically.
When their daughter, Elizabeth, went missing, they told the WORLD.
Over and over on every major news station. They prayed and we prayed with them.

When Elizabeth was released by her deranged " groom" and his ghoulish companion, the Smarts TOLD THE WORLD what Elizabeth had endured. What they had to say was brutally honest, they chose to tell the world that their beautiful daughter had been violated by a sicko monster who corrupted their own Spiritual values for his own purposes.

The Smarts were: Lauded, applauded, featured on MANY non-crime oriented TV shows. People LIKED watching them because they a beautiful and charasmatic family which comes across on TV like no LDS- sponsored ad ever could. They were grace under pressure, a living example of their Scriptures.
I never read or heard one single derogatory word about them in the media. It would have been like slamming baseball, apple pie and all the good parts of America. They even dressed alike in red white and blue outfits.

So, I am sorry. I find it hard to believe and very sad that another family would now come behind the Smarts and because they are also LDS, could possibly think or fear they would be trampled because of their beliefs. The Smarts changed the way the world views Mormons forever.

The Christiansens are NOT the Smarts. They are different. We are all different. They are doing what is right for THEM they are dot doing what was right for the Smarts. Who are you to judge what is right for them? You did not just loose your daughter.

PrayersForMaura said:
he has a profile listed, you cannot list a profile if you don't pay. I know, i have been a member for a while too :)

Are you Raven by chance??

This may be clarified already, but you can list a profile without paying -- I know because I have one listed and I've never paid. What you can't do without paying is read others' profiles.

Their choice has nothing to do with their religion. It has to do with their family. It is a family decision.

On the other hand, I do not know why Raven's family, who has always said how much they love Janet, hasn't come out and said something

MissYouJanet said:
Their choice has nothing to do with their religion. It has to do with their family. It is a family decision.

On the other hand, I do not know why Raven's family, who has always said how much they love Janet, hasn't come out and said something
Oh, hmmm, I just assumed it was joint decision between the families not to talk.

LvsAMystry said:
This may be clarified already, but you can list a profile without paying -- I know because I have one listed and I've never paid. What you can't do without paying is read others' profiles.
you have listed the profile answering all the questions about your life and bio and posted a picture and written a blurb about your family?? I didn't think you could do all of that without paying.

MissYouJanet said:
The Christiansens are NOT the Smarts. They are different. We are all different. They are doing what is right for THEM they are dot doing what was right for the Smarts. Who are you to judge what is right for them? You did not just loose your daughter.

I don't think any of us are judging the Christiansens ... we're just trying to understand.

I'm very puzzled by why they would leave Raven flapping in the breeze and under a cloud of suspicion if they truly believed in their hearts that he was innocent.

curious1 said:
Folks, lets be civil to MissYouJanet. She is answering all of your questions as best she can. And just because somone does not grieve the way you would do not assume they don't care as much as you do. When my favorite grandmother passed away I was absolutly devestated, but I barely cried at her funeral. I am very private about my greiving. There were times that I broke down and just lost it in private, but in public I would never do that. I am not cold hearted I am just very very private. Also, if I had a loved one murdered I would not want to go in front of cameras to talk about it. As long as I knew the police were conducting a through investigation I would move on with my life, that is just my own personal style. However if someone wants to go on camera at every chance and shout 'I want justice for my family member' and that is what they feel they need to do then good for them, I am not going to judge them for that.

Thanks I agree. I'm catching up and was first excited to see MissYouJanet here offering information, but that soon turned to dismay that the visit would be short given some of the messages here. Lets not judge the family in the way they grieve or are dealing with this, but lets let MissYouJanet give us answers and feedback to the questions we've all been rolling around for days and days.

LvsAMystry said:
Thanks I agree. I'm catching up and was first excited to see MissYouJanet here offering information, but that soon turned to dismay that the visit would be short given some of the messages here. Lets not judge the family in the way they grieve or are dealing with this, but lets let MissYouJanet give us answers and feedback to the questions we've all been rolling around for days and days.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate MYJ answering our questions here!

PrayersForMaura said:
you have listed the profile answering all the questions about your life and bio and posted a picture and written a blurb about your family?? I didn't think you could do all of that without paying.

Yep, but then again I don't list much one there since I don't like to put it out there like that. Maybe that's what makes the difference, but I really thought the paying only allows you to browse other peoples.

I would like your speculation on the suicide rumor......if Janet didn't suffer from depression, why do you think Raven would think she committed suicide?

LvsAMystry said:
he has a few pictures of himself and kaiden and one of himself and janet and kaiden posted on classmates.com.

MissYouJanet said:
Thanks for answering questions.

So your idea of what the crime scene looked like is only from what you've read in papers and seen on TV? Can you explain why it might have been thought to have been suicide? Especially with blood on the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member