The Pink Shirt

For crying out loud. No one is allowed in the trailer; its a crime scene. The Grandmother said the shirt was with the dirty close "INSIDE THE BACK DOOR".

I'm sorry, if shirt was found by the girlfriend inside the back door she was apparently somewhere she wasn't supposed to be, or the trailer isn't off limits.

It can't really be both. Maybe she found the pink shirt in the woods which may be why they started the "re-search" there.

For crying out loud. No one is allowed in the trailer; its a crime scene. The Grandmother said the shirt was with the dirty close "INSIDE THE BACK DOOR".

I'm sorry, if shirt was found by the girlfriend inside the back door she was apparently somewhere she wasn't supposed to be, or the trailer isn't off limits.

It can't really be both. Maybe she found the pink shirt in the woods which may be why they started the "re-search" there.

Misty was quoted on NG as saying that LE took her into the trailer to show them "stuff" and she found the shirt. I'm not sure what to make of how she explained finding the shirt though.

Edited to add: After rewatching NG, Misty didn't actually say that she found the shirt. She talked as if she was showing what Hayleigh wore to school that day and she "got" the shirt from the laundry. Then she says if she were hiding something why would she show them the shirt. Very confusing.

Misty was quoted on NG as saying that LE took her into the trailer to show them "stuff" and she found the shirt. I'm not sure what to make of how she explained finding the shirt though.

Edited to add: After rewatching NG, Misty didn't actually say that she found the shirt. She talked as if she was showing what Hayleigh wore to school that day and she "got" the shirt from the laundry. Then she says if she were hiding something why would she show them the shirt. Very confusing.

It's strange alright.

So Haleigh didn't get into Pajamma's to go to bed? I thought I heard the police dispatcher tell the responding officer she (Haleigh) was last seen in her PJ's.

Was that another bit of information given that has changed again?

I have to agree...no one is going to kidnap a child in the middle of the night and stop to not only change her shirt, but put it in the dirty clothes pile on the way out of the door!! Not going to happen, MC!! NO WAY!!

Why not? An SO who was wearing gloves and was sure of not leaving prints, might not want so much identifying clothing to deal with in disposal.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

~snip~

LAUER: Apparently, when Haleigh was first reported missing, you said she was wearing a pink shirt and you have now said that, no, in fact, she was not wearing that pink shirt, and I believe that pink shirt was actually found at your home. Can you explain that discrepancy for me?

CROSLIN: I was in the house with the detectives. They were showing me -- I had to back in the house to show them some stuff. And I was looking by the dirty clothes for the clothes that she was wearing earlier the other day for school, and I found that shirt and I showed the detectives. If I was hiding something, why would I show the cops the shirt?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/20/ng.01.html

Chico has the video link in the post above this one of mine, Misty went back inside the trailer accompanied with LE and found the shirt.

Chico has the video link in the post above this one of mine, Misty went back inside the trailer accompanied with LE and found the shirt.

Thank you. That explains how the pink shirt was found. No one knows what she was wearing for sure?

I guess it doesn't matter. It's easy enough to get new clothes if someone took her with the intention of keeping her.

I wonder if anyone in the neighborhood has had a little girl die in the past couple of years. Maybe it's not a SO but a desperately ill woman trying to replace a child? I know it sounds far fetched, but with so many woman killing expectant mothers and trying to steal babies right out of the hospital, it may not be out of the realm of possibility.

Just a thought.

I would think most little girls have more than one pink shirt. It's a very popular color for girls, so maybe this was not the shirt that she was wearing that night? What Misty said makes sense, if she was hiding something, she would not have pointed out that it was the same shirt. Maybe she was mistaken about what shirt Haleigh was wearing, and it was a different shirt, she could have several that are alike, both there and at Crystal's house, to avoid having to take extra clothes back and forth every time she visits.
I think it's very likely that Haleigh took her shirt off herself, and could have put a different shirt on, without Misty knowing about it. I wonder if the Hannah shirt smelled like pee? Did they check that out?

Since hearing about discovery of pink shirt in laundry, I've suspected Haleigh did have an accident, at a time when no one (but Jr.) was there. And while she could by herself change out of her wet shirt and underpants she could not at five have managed bedding. This too would suggest an intruder because it would explain why gf never knew Haleigh wasn't in same clothes as when gf left trailer or last saw Haleigh that nite. JMO:(

:parrot:

Grandma sees Haleigh eating at 7pm on porch,Misty says Haleigh watched Madagascar and AirBuds and kids are in bed at 8:15 because they have school the next morning.Both movies would be a little over 3 hours.

Madagascar
Run Time: 86 minutes

Air Bud
Run Time: 98 minutes

Did she say what time they started watching the movies? If she started after she got home from school, she could have watched them. As for the clothes, I would hate to have to remember what my children wore to bed. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she thought that was the shirt she wore to bed and when she saw it in the dirty clothes realized it wasn't. Maybe she wore it the night before.

"why would I show the cops the shirt if I was hiding something?"-paraphrasing Misty on Today show this a.m.

Misty made sure and pointed this out on the news this morning.
I wouldnt think you had to point it out, it would be pretty obvious.
I will say it again....If the Grandma saw her on the porch eating at 7 pm, and then they had a bath and watched 2 movies, or part of 2 movies, how was she in bed by 8, and if she is a speedbather, why cant misty remember what she put on Haleigh after bathtime? Ok if it slipped her mind, why cant she remember what Haleigh had on when she covered her up with the "little sheet?"
I heard Misty saying that to Matt Lauer, and thought it was a little defensive, as someone would do if they'd made up a story. I believe it's very possible Haleigh wore that shirt on Monday and Misty just couldn't remember what she had on when she went to bed, so to answer the question, said the pink shirt. Then "oops" it's in the laundry pile when she goes to the house to show LE what Haleigh was wearing to school Monday. MOO

We need to find an interview where she tells when they watched the movies.

3:45 Ronnie left for work after picking her up from the busstop.

5:00 Her brother and his kids came over stayed a half an hour.

7:00 Grandma saw Haleigh on the porch eating.

The tv was in the bedroom,from what I can understand.

If Haleigh had an accident, are some of us assuming that the shirt was urinated on?
Remember, Misty is a proficient pee smeller...she takes anything that smells like pee to the washer immediately. Soooo....Haaleigh could have had an accident-- when?
even if she spilled juice on herself, when did she do it? Did Haleigh turn the light on?
This accident would have happened after 10 when Misty went to "sleep" right?
I would love to know if Grandma remembered what Haleigh had on when she drove by at 7.

If Haleigh had an accident, are some of us assuming that the shirt was urinated on?
Remember, Misty is a proficient pee smeller...she takes anything that smells like pee to the washer immediately. Soooo....Haaleigh could have had an accident-- when?
even if she spilled juice on herself, when did she do it? Did Haleigh turn the light on?
This accident would have happened after 10 when Misty went to "sleep" right?
I would love to know if Grandma remembered what Haleigh had on when she drove by at 7.
Since I think Grandma would back up whatever Misty says, I'm not too interested in what she says Haleigh was wearing at 7pm ~ but I would like to know if LE took the pink shirt to the crime lab for testing?

Since I think Grandma would back up whatever Misty says, I'm not too interested in what she says Haleigh was wearing at 7pm ~ but I would like to know if LE took the pink shirt to the crime lab for testing?
I'm sure they did Panthera...
I also wonder what the crime lab has found already???
Why are they holding the trailer still
and finally, I also wonder if Geraldo will have any real news, or at least something more than we know already....

I'm sure they did Panthera...
I also wonder what the crime lab has found already???
Why are they holding the trailer still
and finally, I also wonder if Geraldo will have any real news, or at least something more than we know already....
I can't imagine why they wouldn't have released the home by now. It doesn't seem to take this long in cases where there's actually evidence of a crime. :waitasec:

I keep wondering about the shirt...
If Grandma saw Haleigh in a pink shirt (lets assume she backs Misty up) at 7 pm, and Haleigh goes to bed at 8 pm, then
to me..
Misty either gave her a bath or she didnt. I thought I heard that she did. so assuming she did, she would have put something on Haleigh, or Haleigh dressed herself..and when Misty "covered her up with the little sheet" she doesnt remember what Haleigh had on..ok..
Assuming Haleigh got up and changed, I would think (and this is a stretch)that Haleigh was the last person to put anything in the laundry (b/c according to Misty, the shirt was in the laundry..in a basket? IDK) which means to me the shirt was ON TOP of whatever else was in there. Wasnt Misty already brought to the trailer to go over her story? Wouldnt you think so? Wouldnt she have seen this shirt..Also, why wash a blanket on a window if there was other laundry to be done? Wouldnt you catch up first, and then take a blanket off of the window to wash? Why would there be dirty clothes waiting to be washed, but you washed a blanket hanging on a window first? I dont like this explanation

Maybe there wasn't enough dirty laundry for a full load. I know some people won't wash unless they have a full load. Didn't MC say that she took the blanket from the window to wash because her blanket was in the van? I can't imagine only having 3 blankets but maybe that is just me.

As for the clothes, I would hate to have to remember what my children wore to bed. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she thought that was the shirt she wore to bed and when she saw it in the dirty clothes realized it wasn't. Maybe she wore it the night before.

:woohoo:

I like the way you think!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500