The Pink Shirt

If Ron did something to her, why would they take her shirt off? I haven't heard that it had anything (like blood) on it.

Why would Misty say Haleigh was wearing the shirt, if she wasn't? Haleigh isn't wearing the shirt now. If Misty/Ron DID do something to Haleigh, why say she was wearing the shirt if it was really in the dirty clothes pile? That just makes them look even more suspicious. Oh good grief... :confused::confused::confused:

(This reminds me of the pineapple that JonBenet ate... that Patsy says she didn't eat. It's ALL so confusing...)

That's why we're hashing it out. I hope.

Think about each theory that was posted on the earlier theories thread and come up with a reason the perp would
- lie about the shirt
- change the shirt
- remove the shirt.

"all" family members? The only one that knows for sure is Misty.

Exactly, how would anyone else know what she wore to bed unless they were there?
Haleigh could have got up and took the shirt off after going to bed, or Misty doesn't know what she wore to bed. No intruder is going to take the time to strip the child before exiting the house ASAP, because that would wake a child and cause them to cry out.
Another question... does this child have any pj's? Do these kids normally wear clothes to bed? Interesting.

Only a person that knows where the dirty clothes go, would put the shirt there!
My children, hubby and grandchildren still don't know where the dirty clothes go.....I pick up all the time.

I believe it is a family secret......not an abduction........IMO

When it's time for bed, my 5yo will go get herself ready for bed (it usually involves skirts she doesn't wear anymore and a old shirt or tank top... or an old halloween costume...) so perhaps if Misty said 'it's bedtime!", Haleigh just took it upon herself to get herself ready for bed. And Misty just didn't pay attention. - I don't think Misty was necessarily LYING about the shirt. I just think she didn't know or wasn't paying attention. Maybe Haleigh put on another pink shirt and Misty didn't even realize it was a different shirt.

I have a 6 yr old and these are just some ideas that come to mind re: dirty clothes basket.

she had an accident and feared being found out so hid the top in the laundry basket.

they had her change into play clothes when she got home from school (we do this at my house).

it got dirty while eating dinner so haleigh changed it before bed.

That sounds like a really good possibility and something a 5 year old would definitely do. So, ggma (was it ggma or gma) knows what she brought over...were any tops missing from those clothes?

I agree, but could Haleigh of changed herself playing with new clothes?
Did that earlier like 7-9.........did Haleigh ever make it to bed?
Only Misty says Haleigh went to bed with shirt on.
For some reason, I feel something happened to Haleigh before bedtime.
O/T Whose ggma came over? RC or CS ?????
Could she of left with ggma? over custody? and it went to far?
and someone still has her hiding out?

IF Misty and/or Ron are involved...

1. Maybe Misty only said it was a pink shirt in the description knowing all along that it wasn't really a pink shirt, because she knew that this shirt found in the laundry pile would indeed be found!

2. Maybe Misty found the Hannah Montana shirt in the laundry and just decided to say that was the shirt Haleigh was wearing, when in fact she knew it was a different pink shirt! (I am 30 and still own several pink shirts...;) , none with Hannah Montana on them though!)

If number 1 were the case...Why? Would knowingly giving the wrong description help them out in some way? If so, what way?

If number 2 were the case...Why? Would saying that this was in fact the exact shirt she had on when she was put to bed make LE go a different direction than what Misty thinks they might be going?

I honestly don't know...All I know is the shirt ordeal has bothered me tremendously from the get go! My main problem with it is...if in fact it was the Hannah Montana shirt that was found in the laundry, why had we never heard anything other than a pink shirt...the Hannah Montana part would be of some importance, IMO!

It is all suspicious to me!

I have a 6 yr old and these are just some ideas that come to mind re: dirty clothes basket.

she had an accident and feared being found out so hid the top in the laundry basket.

they had her change into play clothes when she got home from school (we do this at my house).

it got dirty while eating dinner so haleigh changed it before bed.

My bold.
It's very plausible - especially if Misty would get upset about Haleigh wetting the bed.

My bold.
It's very plausible - especially if Misty would get upset about Haleigh wetting the bed.

kids don't just have accidents at bedtime. if my kids are outside playing they hold it so long they almost have an accident trying to get inside and into the bathroom, heaven forbid they need to go at the same time because sure as day is bright, one will be outside the door screaming they're gonna wet themselves.

"all" family members? The only one that knows for sure is Misty.

Sorry, FairNBalanced. I didn't mean to include all family members. It's possible that Ron may know what Haleigh was wearing. TN has stated that "we" still believe Haleigh was wearing the shirt. (still looking for video of that press conference)

kids don't just have accidents at bedtime. if my kids are outside playing they hold it so long they almost have an accident trying to get inside and into the bathroom, heaven forbid they need to go at the same time because sure as day is bright, one will be outside the door screaming they're gonna wet themselves.

Oh gosh, my daughter does a weird little dance - I don't know why kids wait until they are about to have an accident. Lol.

I just meant if Haleigh had an accident after Misty went to sleep, Haleigh could have woke up and not wanting to wake Misty up, changed her shirt. Especially if Misty was especially impatient or mean when Haleigh wet the bed, Haleigh wouldn't have wanted to wake her up. OR she could have tried to wake Misty up and Misty told her to go change her shirt and put it in the laundry but Misty doesn't remember.

also was thinking... another reason for the shirt to be off is a bath. Haleigh was a little old to worry about drowning in the tub, but I'm sure it happens.

oh, also - I'm surprised they didn't find her underwear with the shirt, but it could have gotten washed with the blankets - of course for that matter the shirt may well have gotten washed as well and just accidentally dropped into the basket when the blankets were pulled out of the dryer.

So if she wet the bed and put the shirt in the laundry basket/pile, LE and or Misty would know the bed was wet, right? So maybe it just wasn't released to us, the part that the bed was wet. And if that is the case, what is missing that she put on? Some other shirt is gone.

And if she took it off because it was wet, the shirt will have evidence of that.

Oh gosh, my daughter does a weird little dance - I don't know why kids wait until they are about to have an accident. Lol.

I just meant if Haleigh had an accident after Misty went to sleep, Haleigh could have woke up and not wanting to wake Misty up, changed her shirt. Especially if Misty was especially impatient or mean when Haleigh wet the bed, Haleigh wouldn't have wanted to wake her up. OR she could have tried to wake Misty up and Misty told her to go change her shirt and put it in the laundry but Misty doesn't remember.

oh I agree. it makes total sense to me.

Maybe it's not about CHANGING her clothes, but REMOVING her clothes to avoid transferring trace evidence onto his/her/their property.

Somebody thought long and hard about this if they left no DNA, no fingerprints, nothing. Assuming, of course, that it was not Mist or Ron.

[copied and pasted from my post on Anna thread 'cause I have no idea how to move it]

Ok, I'm trying to work thought these theories. If the person was worried about DNA transfer, what about her underpants? Her hair, skin cells, prints, sweat, saliva? I am trying to think why the shirt would be the only concern for DNA transferring or fibers.

Duh? Where are the underpants? If she wet the bed, and she took off the shirt, there would be wet underpants in the laundry pile!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the "Misty isn't that great a babysitter" theory? Haleigh had the pink shirt on during the day, but not when she went to bed. At bed time she was wearing something different. When asked, Misty remembers she saw Haleigh in the pink shirt that day but confuses her day clothes and night clothes. Then, when the shirt is found in the laundry a week later, Misty is entrenched in her story. Not only can she not say without embarrassment, "Oh, I meant a white t-shirt," but by now she firmly believes her original story is correct.

Panties also in dirty clothes. [Duh, yourself.]
[How many of y'all know how many pr of undies your kid has? Which ones they wore today?]

Trace evidence transfer was not a good idea, but....

IF [a huge if] it was predator who had been in the house and had been watching them,

smart enough to leave that bright pink shirt in the dirty clothes so that LE would BOLO the pink shirt, including ground searchers.

Yes, I know, a giant leap of imagination, but maybe he had groomed Misty and/or Ron, had been in house several times, etc... And he would have to be pretty darned cunning to snatch her without leaving a clue.

There was an editorial in the local newspaper about FDLE investigator Dom. Pape losing his cool w/media. Wonder if someone in media was unknowingly asking questions too close to investigation? [Hope not; 'cause we're blowing their "theories".]

Panties also in dirty clothes. [Duh, yourself.]
[How many of y'all know how many pr of undies your kid has? Which ones they wore today?]

Trace evidence transfer was not a good idea, but....

IF [a huge if] it was predator who had been in the house and had been watching them,

smart enough to leave that bright pink shirt in the dirty clothes so that LE would BOLO the pink shirt, including ground searchers.

Yes, I know, a giant leap of imagination, but maybe he had groomed Misty and/or Ron, had been in house several times, etc... And he would have to be pretty darned cunning to snatch her without leaving a clue.

There was an editorial in the local newspaper about FDLE investigator Dom. Pape losing his cool w/media. Wonder if someone in media was unknowingly asking questions too close to investigation? [Hope not; 'cause we're blowing their "theories".]

I was Duh-ing myself, for not thinking or asking that, LOL... So her panties were in the pile with the shirt??? My point was if she wet the bed and changed her cloths, she would take both off and they both would have urine on them and be wet... So I don't think this is the case with the shirt unless they are not saying that. Thanks for clearing that up, didn't know about the panties.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back