The Pink Shirt

I was Duh-ing myself, for not thinking or asking that, LOL... So her panties were in the pile with the shirt??? My point was if she wet the bed and changed her cloths, she would take both off and they both would have urine on them and be wet... So I don't think this is the case with the shirt unless they are not saying that. Thanks for clearing that up, didn't know about the panties.

They would have also had mildew on them. [weary voice of experience speaking]

I think the abductor was known to her. She did not make any noise or object to being dragged out of her bed and having her clothes removed? Someone changed her clothes and she went with that person without making a sound. It had to be someone she knew and felt comfortable around. Someone who had been in that home many times. I cannot believe there isnt one clue in that home. I have a lot more questions but since LE has chosed to say nothing I can make up any story I like. Perhaps they even brought new clothes with them. Something she would like to wear. All an abductor needs is time.. the longer they looked for a little girl in a pink shirt the better for the abductor. A hat, different clothes...I do feel she knew that person. No matter how sleepy she would certainly wake up if someone dressed her in new clothes.
I do think she is long gone out of the state of Florida. LE needs the FBI like yesterday.

I was Duh-ing myself, for not thinking or asking that, LOL... So her panties were in the pile with the shirt??? My point was if she wet the bed and changed her cloths, she would take both off and they both would have urine on them and be wet... So I don't think this is the case with the shirt unless they are not saying that. Thanks for clearing that up, didn't know about the panties.

I'll stick with my theory about how the shirt got into that pile of dirty clothes. I do think the underwear and shirt were probably washed with the blankets, and the shirt fell out onto the pile when the blankets were pulled out of the dryer.

you just never know.... it could have happened just that way.

I'll stick with my theory about how the shirt got into that pile of dirty clothes. I do think the underwear and shirt were probably washed with the blankets, and the shirt fell out onto the pile when the blankets were pulled out of the dryer.

you just never know.... it could have happened just that way.

I haven't thought about how the shirt got there, I am just trying to see if the peeing on the shirt theory fits or not. I would say yes IF they confirm that the shirt was wet and the panties, other wise, NO, it doesn't fit. She wouldn't take the shirt off and put it in a pile and not do the same with the panties. Also there would have to be a wet bed as well. So if the shirt is clean and on that pile, most likely someone took it off her, or Misty doesn't know what she had on, or you are correct. Just running though what makes sense; and with what we have to work with, that is really hard to do.

I theorize that this was a bedwetting incident and that the PJs were wet. Violence ensued sometime after the top was removed, which led to the washing of Haleigh's blanket/s. The top was forgotten in the rush and later stuffed under the pile of laundry. JMO

Unless I'm mistaken about earlier reports, but thought it was said that the shirt was under the pile of laundry. Then, Misti goes on TV talking defiantly about if she did anything wrong why would she show LE the shirt when they took her into the trailer to show them "stuff". If the pile of laundry was on the floor by the washer (as a pile would be) right there at the back door, it just doesn't make sense that an abductor would remove the shirt, put it under or even in the pile of laundry, go in and out the back door but not trail the laundry pile into the other room or out the propped open screen back door for a fast getaway.

I know this post is probably breaking up an ongoing discussion about the pink shirt or PJ's. I am sorry for the interruption.

I was just catching up on reading the Welcome thread to Anna Fl., and just wanted to put my two cents worth in. I could not post this on that thread.

1.) There is the theory that Haleigh's disappearance is drug related. Personally, I do not think so, but that is just my opinion.

2.) Supposedly, one side of the family has been told by LE that they (LE) believes that Ron and Misty are not telling the truth. LE does not operate that way. This would not happen. IMO, LE is not sharing what they know or suspect with either side of the family.

3.) There was discussion on that thread about gangs - the Crips and the Bloods. I had to take a course for my work on gangs, their colors, hand signs, and their various tattoos. The Crips colors are blue and the Bloods are red. These gangs have infiltrated even small towns across America. The smaller copycat gangs are being swallowed up by these two gangs. These gangs are primarily drug gangs and will kill in a heartbeat if you cross them. There are usually confrontations between a hometown dealer and a member of one of these gangs because either the Bloods or the Crips want the drug trade. Neither of these gangs are known for kidnappings or abductions of children. These gangs may kill a small time drug dealer (or each other), but not usually children. The gang members who are incarcerated will usually try to recruit other inmates to their gangs. When incarcerated, there is a process called 'classification'. You cannot place opposing gang members in the same unit or dorm. You cannot place Hispanic gang members with opposing gangs.

I do not believe for one moment that Haleigh's disappearance has anything to do with drugs or gangs. I am more inclined to believe that Haleigh's disappearance has to do with two family members.

4.) There is such a thing as a crime scene being too clean. If so, this is a red flag to LE. LE could expect to find fingerprints and maybe even DNA of family, extended family, and friends in the home. If no foreign fingerprints or DNA is found in the home, then this would point to an inside family or extended family member.

5.) LE and the FBI know by now who has passed their polygraph and who hasn't. By now, I honestly believe that LE and the FBI know what most likely happened here. NO ONE has been cleared as yet.

6.) JMO, and just JMO, this is a family involved disappearance and orchestrated by family.

Okay, end of tirade. This is just my personal opinion here. There is no big drug conspiracy here and no organized gang conspiracy. JMO.

I know that many people think that something might have happened to Haleigh before Ron went to work, but if that were the case and Haleigh had on the pink shirt at that time then wouldn't there be some kind of evidence on the shirt? Did LE take the shirt and run tests on it after MC found it in the laundry pile?

If Ron did something to her, why would they take her shirt off? I haven't heard that it had anything (like blood) on it.

Why would Misty say Haleigh was wearing the shirt, if she wasn't? Haleigh isn't wearing the shirt now. If Misty/Ron DID do something to Haleigh, why say she was wearing the shirt if it was really in the dirty clothes pile? That just makes them look even more suspicious. Oh good grief... :confused::confused::confused:

(This reminds me of the pineapple that JonBenet ate... that Patsy says she didn't eat. It's ALL so confusing...)

ETA: My personal belief is that Haleigh changed her own shirt and put it in the dirty clothes pile. What happened from there... IDK.

Who knows if they really did take the shirt off? Haleigh may not have worn that shirt at all--neither Ron nor Misty has shown him/herself to be an accurate historian. Whether the information is intentionally misleading or an error from a distraught caretaker remains to be seen.

As an aside, I couldn't tell you what my daughter, happily reading in the next room, is wearing. First, I just didn't pay that much attention earlier--she dresses herself. (And I should hope so--she's 20!) Secondly, she may have changed her clothes.

I wouldn't form any real conclusions about Misty's reliability about this alone. But I don't think she does accurately recount much.

I know this post is probably breaking up an ongoing discussion about the pink shirt or PJ's. I am sorry for the interruption.

I was just catching up on reading the Welcome thread to Anna Fl., and just wanted to put my two cents worth in. I could not post this on that thread.

1.) There is the theory that Haleigh's disappearance is drug related. Personally, I do not think so, but that is just my opinion.

2.) Supposedly, one side of the family has been told by LE that they (LE) believes that Ron and Misty are not telling the truth. LE does not operate that way. This would not happen. IMO, LE is not sharing what they know or suspect with either side of the family.

3.) There was discussion on that thread about gangs - the Crips and the Bloods. I had to take a course for my work on gangs, their colors, hand signs, and their various tattoos. The Crips colors are blue and the Bloods are red. These gangs have infiltrated even small towns across America. The smaller copycat gangs are being swallowed up by these two gangs. These gangs are primarily drug gangs and will kill in a heartbeat if you cross them. There are usually confrontations between a hometown dealer and a member of one of these gangs because either the Bloods or the Crips want the drug trade. Neither of these gangs are known for kidnappings or abductions of children. These gangs may kill a small time drug dealer (or each other), but not usually children. The gang members who are incarcerated will usually try to recruit other inmates to their gangs. When incarcerated, there is a process called 'classification'. You cannot place opposing gang members in the same unit or dorm. You cannot place Hispanic gang members with opposing gangs.

I do not believe for one moment that Haleigh's disappearance has anything to do with drugs or gangs. I am more inclined to believe that Haleigh's disappearance has to do with two family members.

4.) There is such a thing as a crime scene being too clean. If so, this is a red flag to LE. LE could expect to find fingerprints and maybe even DNA of family, extended family, and friends in the home. If no foreign fingerprints or DNA is found in the home, then this would point to an inside family or extended family member.

5.) LE and the FBI know by now who has passed their polygraph and who hasn't. By now, I honestly believe that LE and the FBI know what most likely happened here. NO ONE has been cleared as yet.

6.) JMO, and just JMO, this is a family involved disappearance and orchestrated by family.

Okay, end of tirade. This is just my personal opinion here. There is no big drug conspiracy here and no organized gang conspiracy. JMO.

Thanks Law, I am learning all kinds of new things here about gangs and drug lords. I agree, I don't think this is drug related, I do think that is a way to get people off course. LE is smart, they know that the shirt is important and they know if it looks "off" like why is it in the pile? or under the Pile? or was it wet, with urine, and what kidnappers take the shirt off and so on and so on.

I just don't know if it's family, SO; because of Misty or an accident being covered up. I guess we need a motive thread.

Bumping up. I found this while doing some basic housekeeping in the forum. I've seen this come up here and there. If I run across your posts in other areas regarding this topic, I'll move them over here.

I found it interesting a little while ago when I was listening to Sheriff Hardy presser that a reporter ask him if it were true that the pink shirt had no signs of being worn outdoors. I wonder where the reporter picked up that tidbit.

Thanks Law, I am learning all kinds of new things here about gangs and drug lords. I agree, I don't think this is drug related, I do think that is a way to get people off course. LE is smart, they know that the shirt is important and they know if it looks "off" like why is it in the pile? or under the Pile? or was it wet, with urine, and what kidnappers take the shirt off and so on and so on.

I just don't know if it's family, SO; because of Misty or an accident being covered up. I guess we need a motive thread.

IMHO.. There doesn't necessarily have to be a motive if Haleigh accidentally got caught up in the fray..IMHO the motive lies in the coverup..JMO

:truce:In regards to the "Pink" shirt. Could it be that since Ron claims that he had to go to GGMS house Monday morning to get Haleigh her favorite outfit, the shirt had to be put in the 911 script? I call it a script "IMO" because Ron made it very clear to say to the dispatcher, "I don't care if this goes on Recording" With every threat he made to the so called kidnappers, and curse words he used on Misty.
Misty had to put the dispatcher on hold to check the door and Ron's cursing and threats were just over dramatical "IMO". Misty had also said that Haleigh had her P.J's on when she was talking to the dispatcher.
I think maybe Haleigh wore the shirt to school that day, so that would cover the probability that Haleigh had her favorite "Pink" shirt on, on Monday. Maybe she changed later into her P.J's. The question I have is that LE never said what kind of P.J.'s Haleigh had on, nor did Misty. It was left open. LE just put a statement out that "they did not know" what Haleigh had on when she went missing.

I keep asking myself why Misty said "PJ's" is what she had on in the 911, then the "pink Tee Shirt" now we hear even more detail, it was a Hanna Montana Pink Shirt. I'm thinking that like the GGS visit at arount 7:00 that came long after the 911 call, this bit of info came after the "family" got together and decided that this is what she was wearing. Why? because this is what other people last saw? Like people at the bus stop, will they say yes, that's what she had on. I bet they ran every test they could on that shirt, if it wasn't clean they probably know if she was around pot smoke, ect.. Truth is we have no idea what Haleigh was wearing, if anything when she left the MH.

Here are some more articles regarding the pink shirt Haleigh wore.
Sounds like she wore it to school on Monday Feb 9th.

The links for Palaka news don't work unless you have an account.
Here is a link for the site ( http://www.palatkadailynews.com/), but still can't pull up the old articles.

Girlfriend Under Investigation In Haleigh Case

February 18, 2009 http://www.wftv.com/news/18738704/detail.html#-
[
B]Sheriff's deputies also said they have the pink shirt that Haleigh was thought to be wearing when she disappeared[/B]. Deputies wouldn't speculate or go into detail about where or when they found what could be key evidence in the case.

"What we now need people to focus on is this face because we do not know at this time what the clothing was at this point," said Dominick Pape of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/art...news/news02.txt

Clothing description for missing child changed

BY LARRY SULLIVAN
Palatka Daily News

February 18, 2009

Haleigh Cummings wasn't wearing a pink T-shirt when she disappeared from her South Putnam home more than a week ago, authorities say.

On Tuesday, the Amber Alert description for the 5-year-old girl was revised.

The T-shirt cited in the statewide notice is being held by investigators.

Law enforcement has that in our possession, Rick Ryan, chief deputy of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Tuesday.

The Amber Alert was revised at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

We changed information that young Haleigh was in fact not wearing a pink shirt as reported at the time of her disappearance, Ryan said at a late afternoon press conference in Palatka. The FDLE Web site has been updated as well as our signboard.

Ryan declined to say when or where authorities obtained the shirt.

We have an obligation to not jeopardize this investigation by releasing any information, he said. We are not going to talk about any investigation pertaining to this pink shirt.

"Snip" http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-19/story/haleighs_family_life_unstable_from_start

February 18, 2009

Croslin said she found the shirt on Monday, when she was allowed back inside the doublewide mobile home for the first time since the disappearance. She was there to discuss the layout of the mobile home with investigators and was looking for the clothes Haleigh wore her last day at school.

She then saw the Hannah Montana shirt in a laundry pile by the back door. “When I put her blanket on she had that shirt on,” Croslin told the Times-Union on Wednesday.
She said she has no idea how the shirt wound up there.

Investigators changed a statewide Amber Alert to remove the shirt as a clothing description.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29298349/

Girlfriend of Haleigh’s dad asserts: ‘I was home’
Misty finds pink shirt

"Snip" By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29298349/contributor

February 20, 2009

The pink shirt
There are also questions about what Haleigh was wearing. Croslin initially told police she had a pink shirt on, the same shirt she had worn to school on Monday. But she later found the shirt in the laundry. Lauer asked her about that inconsistency.

I was in the house with the detectives,” she said. “And I was looking by the dirty clothes — the clothes that she was wearing earlier in the day for school — and I found that shirt, and I showed the detectives. If I was hiding something, why would I show the cops the shirt?”

Sykes said the 17-year-old girlfriend found the pink shirt in the home, but the sheriff's office won't confirm where it was found.

Haleigh's little brother, Junior, is sleeping at a family home about six miles away.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18750655/detail.html#-

Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW;
(BBM)

Quote:
Girlfriend of Haleigh’s dad asserts: ‘I was home’
Misty finds pink shirt.

"Snip" By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29298349/contributor

February 20, 2009

The pink shirt
There are also questions about what Haleigh was wearing. Croslin initially told police she had a pink shirt on, the same shirt she had worn to school on Monday. But she later found the shirt in the laundry. Lauer asked her about that inconsistency.

I was in the house with the detectives,” she said. “And I was looking by the dirty clothes — the clothes that she was wearing earlier in the day for school — and I found that shirt, and I showed the detectives. If I was hiding something, why would I show the cops the shirt?”

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought GGS's said that Misty gave the kids baths - why would you put the same shirt that a child wore all day at school and after school playing (wheelies in the driveway...) back on them after cleaning them up for bed? For someone who cares so much (right!) about HaLeigh being covered with a blanket that smelled...Misty sure didn't seem to care if HaLeigh went to bed in dirty clothes...something stinks and it ain't the blanket!! It's Misty & Ron's story. JMHO

Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW;
(BBM)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought GGS's said that Misty gave the kids baths - why would you put the same shirt that a child wore all day at school and after school playing (wheelies in the driveway...) back on them after cleaning them up for bed? For someone who cares so much (right!) about Haleigh being covered with a blanket that smelled...Misty sure didn't seem to care if Haleigh went to bed in dirty clothes...something stinks and it ain't the blanket!! It's Misty & Ron's story. JMHO

I agree, something does stink. Look at the time line LE is looking at...they don't give out much, but if you read between the lines...most have not been honest with LE. Here is an article that LE is a bit more specific to the time line. Sorry about the Palaka news link, if you don't have an account then you can't get to the article.

Investigation Focusing on Misty Croslin Cummings Time-line
By Jessica Clark http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133696&catid=295

March. 13, 2009

Dick Schauland confirmed Friday morning that investigators do have concerns about the time-line Misty has provided.

Schauland told First Coast News, "What happened during that eight-hour time period from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. when she found the child missing and what occurred during that time is what [investigators] are trying to straighten out."

[
B]Bowling disputed Croslin's assertion on TV that she wasn't a suspect.

Not cleared as a suspect[/B]

By Larry Sullivan http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/14/news/news01.txt

March 14, 2009

"We have not ruled her out as a suspect," he said.
Ronald, 25, and Croslin 17, appeared Friday morning on NBC's "Today Show" as part of the program's exclusive coverage of the couple's wedding in Welaka on Thursday.

During the television interview, both said they had been cleared as suspects and had passed polygraph tests.

Bowling said authorities have not released results of the tests, which were given by FBI agents shortly after Haleigh vanished on Feb. 10.

Initially, Putnam County authorities said "the world is a suspect" in Haleigh's disappearance but Bowling narrowed the focus on Friday.

"We haven't eliminated anybody connected to it as a suspect," he said

On Thursday, Bowling told the Daily News that Croslin's account of what happened was crucial to solving the case.

He also said Croslin walked out of the room while being questioned by detectives on Wednesday.

"Misty is the key to the investigation and we are trying to work through inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period," Bowling said.

Investigators also met Wednesday with Cummings, he said.

"We are satisfied with the interviews that we have had so far with Ronald, and his account of the eight hours in question," Bowling added.

Last night on NG Haleigh great grandmother said this

ANNETTE SYKES, HALEIGH`S GREAT-GRANDMOTHER: I stopped by about 7:30 to drop off some laundry that I had done. I always did the children`s laundry just because it`s something I`ve always done. And the children were on the front porch with Misty. They were eating supper. And when we drove up, Haleigh jumped out of her chair and come running up and gave me a hug. And Junior came out and gave me a hug, and I gave them a kiss. And Misty walked out. She helped carry some of the clothes into the house and got the children`s shirts on, and they got back up to eat supper. I gave them a kiss, told them good-bye, and I got back in the car and left.

So not only were they eating and they had no shirt on cause granny put the children's shirt on. If so I would LOVE to know what shirt granny put on Haleigh???? Color and all......

I don't understand this remark from GGMS about putting the kids shirts on; it was cold that night. It was winter and FL is chilly at night. It was in the 60's IIRC. Why does she bring up the shirts? She has never mentioned them before.

Indiana, thanks for bringing this up because GMS statement last night had me scratching my head...I just don't understand...if she witnessed shirts being changed right before Haleigh's bedtime, why couldn't she provide details as to what Haleigh had on?

What I'm trying to understand is Misty claim Haleigh had on the pink shirt and then the shirt was later found. Misty seemed to be confused by this...So I was wondering, had Misty actually seen Haleigh after the changing of the shirts? It seems weird that she wouldn't know what Haleigh was last wearing and yet GMS says she was there when the shirt was put on/changed. So did Haleigh actually take a bath that night? GMS said she was there about 7:30pm-ish, shirts were put on, they continued to eat (per GMS) and Haleigh was put to bed at 8pm (per Misty). So when did she take a bath?

I just don't know what to think about that.

ETA: Maybe we should go back to the beginning and find out what GMS actually said about visiting the mh. I know she said she didn't go in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back