The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I am new to this case. I am interested in reading about the GJ3. I really don't want to read all 6 threads to find the info, so could someone please direct me to the thread and posts where the info could be found? I have read a lot on this case and am very interested. Looking forward to working with everyone here!
TedMac

Hi all. Glad to see this open again. 23 years now -- whew.

Exactly, and some of it is out of context, looking more at sources, he lists public discussions. I know, but there are a few gems that are not public. I have marked some pages and clipped some. Personally, the "deconstructing" of what LE has made public was a big help.

Well hopefully I'll pick up on some of that then. The Profiler's statement and some of SPD's anniversary statements were meant to convey a message and don't really mean how most people take them.

hopefully mt copy will be here by the end of the wk.

Hi All,
I am new to this case. I am interested in reading about the GJ3. I really don't want to read all 6 threads to find the info, so could someone please direct me to the thread and posts where the info could be found? I have read a lot on this case and am very interested. Looking forward to working with everyone here!
TedMac

Hey!

The GJ3 are not allowed to be named. Maybe a Google search would bring up some results. I don't even know who they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All,
TedMac

TedMac,

One of the members of the GJ3 has been named extensively in published news accounts on this case and that he was a suspect presented to the Grand Jury; that is Steve Garrison. The other 2 members have never been identified publicly as suspects, however they have been named by name droppers on another forum. You should have no trouble in finding out their names.

It would be impossible to point you to a specific thread or post on the GJ3 here since the discussion is always ongoing. Sorry to say it but the best way to come up to speed on the case is to read all the threads and anything you can find concerning the case and it's investigation.

Would anyone recommend the David Warren book? Just curious if it's a good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't able to find out much about the GJ3. Nobody seems to know their names.

The list of suspects does seem long, though.

I don't believe two teenagers like Mike Clay & Dustin Recla could pull off a crime like this, so I'd rule them out.

Other names mentioned in the media or on other sites are Steven Eugene Garrison, Mike Garrison, David German, Tim Robb, Robert Craig Cox, Larry DeWayne Hall, Ricky Dykes, & Gerald Carnahan. LDH tried to finger his brother, Gary Wayne Hall, but I don't know if that accusation is taken seriously by LE.

I wish I could find out about the GJ3 without reading through dozens of pages of posts. Does anyone have a link? I'm less concerned with knowing their names than I am with knowing how they're linked to the case.

Very nasty.

Also, Chief Williams has a Twitter account and Springfield police dept. has a Facebook page. These sites do not pertain to the case, but just a FYI.

In the 2011 Disappered episode Janelle states " Mike my boyfriend picked me up and said we went to Suzies house . I had never been to the house before they had just moved there recently "

So had Mike been to the house before without Janelle ?

Was it common that Sherrill or Suzie would leave the door unlocked ? It's really troubling/uncommon that all those people (18?) entered the house without Police .

TT

I'd assume he hadn't been but I don't know for sure. She could have just told him the address.

I'm not sure at what point it became clear in their families'/friends minds that they had entered a crime scene. Was that thought so prevalent back then? I'm not from the states let alone MO, I have no clue how safe the place was considered to be in 1992. Maybe people felt comfortable leaving their doors unlocked? Maybe someone local could shed some light on that.

SOSDD. Janelle is on record as saying she had never been there but knew where it was. Suzie had obviously told her. It's only a half-block west of Glenstone, not exactly hard to find.

I'd assume he hadn't been but I don't know for sure. She could have just told him the address.

I'm not sure at what point it became clear in their families'/friends minds that they had entered a crime scene. Was that thought so prevalent back then? I'm not from the states let alone MO, I have no clue how safe the place was considered to be in 1992. Maybe people felt comfortable leaving their doors unlocked? Maybe someone local could shed some light on that.

There is a theory I find compelling in that the door was deliberately left unlocked by the perpetrator or perpetrators. If one thinks about it, the crime scene would have been uncontaminated if the house was left locked. I would doubt that the house was deliberately unlocked when the women went to bed.

Just thinking outside the box.

Hi Jenni
Springfield has no less then 5 College / Universities with many out of town / state students . In addition to being right of I-44 heavily traveled by truckers ect ..
Makes it a transient location . Addin that week like the Kirbys Many family & friends in town for graduations .

However I don't think local safety has so much to do with people barging into someone's home that dosent answer . It's just not common practice . Even in welfare checks or medical emergencies it common for even relatives to wait for authorities to make the entry .
Now . I'm not condemning Mike & Janelle on the first Visit or a paniced mother " who even said " I shouldn't be in here !"
So for all these extra 10/12 people to finger stuff and make a pot of coffee ?? It's just Odd . Am I suggesting that one of those persons were involved either directly or in directly ? No I'm not violating the TOS at this time .
After re reading this thread and some of Richards concerns / post from 2012 it's still bothering me .

IF you're in the camp it was an opportunity crime . Girls were seen driving late and followed ect it could explain why no one has talked or no hits in CODIS ( that the public is aware of ). Basically the same sinario has the Zellers murder . With the one exception of no victims found .

TT

LE had doubts about JK and MH and they were throughly investigated. Several people who know much about this case, all agree, they are not guilty of anything but stupidity. Nothing like this had ever occurred in Springfield before, they are only guilty of ignorance.

As far as Cox, he was a big wanna be. He wanted the attention from the media. Yes, he murdered the Zellers girl, but do not believe he was involved in this case. But, he may know things.

Springfield was safe for the average person in 1992. We locked our doors, but there was no home invasion problems. Burglaries, yes. Abductions, very rare.

I think they were in too big a hurry. They wanted to leave the vicinity quickly.

Suppose for the sake of argument that we all agree to stipulate that it was odd for Kirby & Henson to enter the house at midday after knocking, looking in windows, trying the door knob and finding it unlocked, calling out, etc, and the same for all the others who entered that night. And I think we can all agree that unfortunately they contaminated the crime scene before even knowing a crime had been committed.

Their behavior can't be that odd when Richard has proposed a "compelling theory" where the perps intentionally left the door unlocked, counting as fact that someone would show up looking for the victims, would enter the house upon finding it unlocked and therefore contaminate the crime scene. The perps were counting on that very thing when they left the door unlocked so they must not think it odd at all.

Now what? Where do we go with this information? How does acknowledging this advance the case?

If the door was intentionally left unlocked, that implies a plan, not as random. Were any of the "possible" suspects bright enough to think that far in advance? They left the glass, which would have held information if it hadn't been swept up.

It also would imply a different direction, someone who would have knowledge of crime scene investigations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen