The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #16 *ADULT CONTENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listening to the Chris Hughes portion of testimony from this morning. I would really like to know the truth about those letters that were ruled inadmissible. I understand Chris' disdain for Nurmi now.
I don't know that the truth is easily discernible. I was surprised when Nurmi claimed one was ruled as 'probable' in connection to Travis writing it. There were ten in total.

The letters first appear in June 2010 and the ruling regarding them is August 15, 2011. It was apparently the prosecutor who stated the letters were forgeries but the judge never stated that for the record available via minutes - she simply ruled in favor of the State to preclude - in the same hearing the defense handwriting expert Rosemarie Urbanski testified.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/JOnamesearch.asp?casenumber=CR2008031021

Motion to preclude: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=109828551

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html

First I'd like to say....HOLY CRAP, you people are never going to let me catch up to you!

Soooo, sorry to just butt in on whatever you're currently discussing but I'm only on thread 12 around page 60 and had a light bulb go off in my head. Where I'm reading you guys are discussing the veerrry red penis and I don't know if anyone has thought of this between then and now, and I haven't pulled up the picture again to look carefully to see if it's possible but....don't they make condoms in all sorts of colors? Could it be a red condom he has on?

BBM Good thought, but his testicles were also red.

I haven't rewatched it yet, will try to later. But I have to agree with you on this one moocow, CH was asking questions (like Gus was), repeatedly, about where the rest of the email was, etc. Nurmi actually even pointed out that it wasn't there or wasn't part of what he was asking him to read BECAUSE the prosecution didn't want it in there. He made some sort of comment about they (prosecution) didn't want it, thats why we approached, now he wants it.

I thought the PA didn't want TA's email in evidence or "coming in" but that CH could read it silently so that he got the context.

No, he was being given time to review it. The DA was asking him to read it, not answer any questions. He was refusing to even read the e-mails at first, demanding the previous ones.

he does not have to read anything into the record before reviewing it.

there were also objections surrounding this.

He was right to be cautious.

m00cow, (with *all* due respect) since you like the quote feature and rebutting ideas, its only fair I ask you: What do YOU think happened on June. 4th 2008? Just curious. :)

I've already explained this multiple times. I think Arias went to Mesa prepared to kill Alexander depending on what happened that night. I've been wavering on whether she actually intended to the entire time, but the gas cans are pushing me towards the premeditated side. I think she got jealous about something or something did not go how she wanted, and she flipped out and killed him. My sequence of events differs from the common belief, though. I think she shot him first and retrieved a knife from elsewhere.

I may become paranoid that I'm unknowingly acting belligerent. Someone poke me if I start to act up.

Ouch, just created a masterpiece on the other thread and hit send and was told that the thread was closed.

Hit CTRL + SHIFT + T at the same time - it opens the last page you were on with all the content (life-saving moved I learned via Pinterest!!)

nor should have he.

He was reviewing the email before he wanted his response on the record.. most likely the man thought it was being taken out of context.

There was also a good reason why this was not televised.

Gus was an entirely different situation.

At one point in front of the jury he told the PA to "continue"

really?

I agree with the PA: he is the one asking the questions: so answer them.

bbm yes, but does that not apply when the defense is asking the questions as well? Even if we don't like the DA lol CH was just doing it in a nicer way than Gus, but it was still the same thing, he had to be asked repeatedly to just read what he was asked to read. And my take on it was, after they approached the bench, that was what was being allowed by the judge at that point.
I really have to go back and watch all of that now.

he does not have to read anything into the record before reviewing it.

there were also objections surrounding this.

He was right to be cautious.
Hm?

He wasn't being asked to verbally read it. He was asked to read it himself. Which he did, eventually.

I don't know that the truth is easily discernible. I was surprised when Nurmi claimed one was ruled as 'probable' in connection to Travis writing it. There were ten in total.

The letters first appear in June 2010 and the ruling regarding them is August 15, 2011. It was apparently the prosecutor who stated the letters were forgeries but the judge never stated that for the record available via minutes - she simply ruled in favor of the State to preclude - in the same hearing the defense handwriting expert Rosemarie Urbanski testified.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/JOnamesearch.asp?casenumber=CR2008031021

Motion to preclude: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=109828551

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html

I noticed that the defense withdrew their objection to the motion to preclude also after defense and state experts examined the letters and testified about them. This was also when Jodi asked to represent herself -- my guess is that the defense learned they were fakes and refused to try to get them admitted, and Jodi was insisting. The defense probably advised her that they would either have to withdraw as counsel or report to the judge that Jodi was attempting to admit false evidence.

First I'd like to say....HOLY CRAP, you people are never going to let me catch up to you!

Soooo, sorry to just butt in on whatever you're currently discussing but I'm only on thread 12 around page 60 and had a light bulb go off in my head. Where I'm reading you guys are discussing the veerrry red penis and I don't know if anyone has thought of this between then and now, and I haven't pulled up the picture again to look carefully to see if it's possible but....don't they make condoms in all sorts of colors? Could it be a red condom he has on?

:wagon::welcome2: I don't think it is a condom. Maybe it's a bit chafed due to a lot of activity.

I just don't get the problem of CH wanting to see the email TA sent him so he could read what he sent to Travis and have it in context. This was years ago!

I think because it was years ago CH didn't remember exactly the whole thread. It appears that TA emailed CH and CH responded. The original email that TA sent to CH was not included CH only saw his reply to TA. He wanted the whole thread so what he wrote was in context because he didn't trust his memory as to what made him reply to TA the way he did.

Did that make sense?

Are the letters that were referenced today the same ones Jodi's mom gave to the Enquirer? Weren't they proven to be forgeries and the FBI was also involved in that aspect? Seems I read that in an article. Thanks

I've already explained this multiple times. I think Arias went to Mesa prepared to kill Alexander depending on what happened that night. I've been wavering on whether she actually intended to the entire time, but the gas cans are pushing me towards the premeditated side. I think she got jealous about something or something did not go how she wanted, and she flipped out and killed him. My sequence of events differs from the common belief, though. I think she shot him first and retrieved a knife from elsewhere.

RBBM, My apologies, I havent really been following here during this trial. I was just curious, sorry if I offended. Peace.

I thought the PA didn't want TA's email in evidence or "coming in" but that CH could read it silently so that he got the context.

that could be. But he was only asked to read his email to Travis. I don't think he was asked to read anything that Travis emailed to him.

A quick note of thanks for the WS'ers who I kept up with today. The one liners, the updates - were hilarious. This absolutely tops the Anthony case (no tomatoes please).

Just when I think I've seen it all - along comes Jodi Arias. The DA is absolutely BRILLIANT! Jodi - get ready for death row dear!!

MOO

Mel

Are you referring to the outdoor skee ball game? The one with three holes?

If so ;) HA

Darn tootin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! I want to mail that pic to her in the click and sign it "your twin separated at birth"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici