The TEN letters; Discuss them here

He wrote about pedophilia in his journals? I don't believe that at all!!! Jodi made up the entire thing in order to make Travis a less sympathetic murder victim...:furious:

Where in my post did I say that?

I just want to put this out there.... what I think happened is this: JA copied pages of Travis' journals into a computer. From there..copy and paste was her friend as she constructed these letters or had someone do it. Once the letters were made and printed out it is very hard to determine if Travis did or did not write these letters because you need originals.

I do not think anyone wrote the forged letters but I do believe the journals were used to construct them. imo

Used his journals to construct the letters? Copy and paste from his journals?

Okay, the murder was beyond horrible, but the fact that JA tried to ruin his reputation within the Mormon church is so very sad and ugly. However, when she forged those letter, accusing TA of being a pedophile, I knew she was the worst <mod snip> I have ever heard about.

Travis was a good man that struggled with some sexual issues, and she tried, for the whole world to hear, to make him out to be a perv. There cannot be LWOP for her, I'm praying for the death penalty for this wicked, evil <mod snip>.

yes..words.. constructed these letters...

I'm still not getting it....why would she need his journals to make up vile accusations of him being a perv? What words could she use of his? :waitasec:

I'm still not getting it....why would she need his journals to make up vile accusations of him being a perv? What words could she use of his? :waitasec:

I understand what Popsicle is saying. Sort of like when someone makes a ransom note by cutting words from a magazine or newspaper and gluing them to paper. Only it's a little more high tech than that in the manner Popsicle is describing.

Page 22-23 is the report from the Arizona Department of Public Safety- Scientific Examination Report from the Document Examiner which clearly states that the letters were examined along with 12 samples of known handwriting of JA AND her purple journal, and that the letters in question were in fact determined to have been written by Jodi Arias.

(They are constantly adding documents to the docstoc site so you may have to scroll down a few more pages to find the report if you don't see it on page 22-23)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/109828551/Jodi-Arias-Court-Documents

With all due respect, that is not what pages 22-23 say. They took 12 known samples of Jodi's writing (not the purported letters) and compared them with 2journals to determine that those 2 journals were Jodi's handwriting.

That report is dated April 7, 2010....Jodi did not introduce the letters supposedly written by TA until June 10, 2010 (see page 11 of same).

I just want to put this out there.... what I think happened is this: JA copied pages of Travis' journals into a computer. From there..copy and paste was her friend as she constructed these letters or had someone do it. Once the letters were made and printed out it is very hard to determine if Travis did or did not write these letters because you need originals.

I do not think anyone wrote the forged letters but I do believe the journals were used to construct them. imo

With all due respect, that is not what pages 22-23 say. They took 12 known samples of Jodi's writing (not the purported letters) and compared them with 2journals to determine that those 2 journals were Jodi's handwriting.

That report is dated April 7, 2010....Jodi did not introduce the letters supposedly written by TA until June 10, 2010 (see page 11 of same).

It is actually 4 journals all together, but you got it right. :)

Not words, but letters. Pop is saying once you scan a handwriting sample you can make an image of each letter (26 in all, more if you include capitals and punctuation marks) and then arrange them into whatever words you want.

Sounds like something an expert might be able to detect, to me. I assume there is some degree of standard variation in normal handwriting. But I admit I am not such an expert.

Only 2 items were submitted to compare with her journals.I think those 2 items are the magazines- there were 10 letters. Also the 2 items were being compared to JA's handwriting, not TA's.

The letters were deemed forgeries. The ruling discussed the possibility they were cut and pasted or photoshopped.

I heard/read that she stole TAs journals. They could be used to "copy" his handwriting or scan-copy-paste....

I heard/read that she stole TAs journals. They could be used to "copy" his handwriting or scan-copy-paste....

I missed that part! Jodi stole Travis' journals?

Good lord, he must have had a miserable existence once she entered into the picture. Nothing was off limits, sacred...nothing...and what's scary is she's not the only one out there like this. Makes you not want to talk to anyone new ever again!

Sealed means you can't get a copy from the court clerk.

The reason they can't be mentioned in court is because the state made a motion to prevent them from being mentioned, the defense caved in during the hearing on that motion, and so the motion was granted.

Is there any way the court can prevent the National Enquirer or any other tv or publication from going public with these?

I ask because they're clearly more fiction from the lying liar, but if someone reads them, they can never be unread. Even though Travis is dead and his reputation is being defamed in open court, these fake letters would be the worst kind of slander on his memory.

TIA!

Is there any way the court can prevent the National Enquirer or any other tv or publication from going public with these?

I ask because they're clearly more fiction from the lying liar, but if someone reads them, they can never be unread. Even though Travis is dead and his reputation is being defamed in open court, these fake letters would be the worst kind of slander on his memory.

TIA!

I should have added the word EVER in my post. I know they cannot be printed now, but I was hoping they can never be printed.

Oh...so...maybe, MM is a pro at Photoshop.. That could be where he came into play in this.. Interesting...

Oh...so...maybe, MM is a pro at Photoshop.. That could be where he came into play in this.. Interesting...

Makes you wonder what MM's fate would have been had she not been arrested. Her father asked her why she bought the gun when she said she had to leave and she said that where she was going she would need protection. Was she headed for Monterey? I believe Jodi did say at one point she was. jmo

Makes you wonder what MM's fate would have been had she not been arrested. Her father asked her why she bought the gun when she said she had to leave and she said that where she was going she would need protection. Was she headed for Monterey? I believe Jodi did say at one point she was. jmo

She told the mom she she was going to Monterey. Remember, there was an airport or airline purchase on the bank statement. That could be part of the plan.

She was fond of saying that her father "didn't have long to live", so I'm wondering if her family was going to be next on her hit list. :what:

While I understand this line of thought.........there is also why has Juan fought this soooo hard to keep them out! If everything is a complete forgery and fabricated, let them in and sink this bio*ches ship once and for all

To what end? Evidence that she's a liar? They don't need anymore evidence of that, imho. Why put in a set of documents that might only serve to confuse jurors? I think Nurmi, based on what I saw during evidentary hearings where Sky and Chris Hughes testified, appears to believe them to be authentic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back