Theories we have regarding Kyron's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, pathological liars are habitual, compulsive liars who lie about small things and big things both. They don't lie only when it is important, and they don't stick as close to the truth as possible. If Terri had been a pathological liar, Kaine would have known about it many years earlier, and there's no indication of that.

Hi Cf, Kaine knowing her faults and giving that info to the public are two different things IMO. I always thought he was very careful about what he put out there. I also thought in telling more about Terri it could make himself look bad in allowing her to be around the children alone. That is if he knew about her supposed lifestyle and at times maybe even saw her in action. :innocent:

I remember Kyron was afraid to go back up Portland, wanting to stay with Desiree. And at first there were things told about their private lives that would best be kept secret, whatever they might have been.

I still see Kaine as a victim, but also think Desiree has been made privy to most things re Kaine, Terri and their friends.

Okay this is something that bothers me. I am an artist as a lot of you know. I paint or draw pretty much what I know or see, or places I have been. In other words, I capture what I know. Kyron's art work used to be here on the forum but I can't find it anymore, but he drew and painted a picture of the sun. It is beautiful BTW.

This painting is unique for a seven year old. It is stylized, meaning he did a sun that doesn't look like what you see in the sky but more a design of a sun. Most kids that age, draw or paint how things look in life. They try to paint a tree like a tree you see in the woods or in nature. This sun looks like a stained glass window or a sun he may have seen some place.

So my question to myself is; could Kyron have been someplace with TH that had a stained glass window or a drawing/painting of this sun where they went? I have looked up Russian Art to see if I can find anything similar, but no luck.

You may wonder why I would want to know this. It is because, some one helped her, and we don't know who, or where she met this person. I think Kyron knew the person he went with and maybe, just maybe there is a clue to where he met this person or where the person was from. I remember bill boards with his poster in Russian. We wondered why. The sun painting looks like folk art, so that is why I want to know where he saw a sun like this. Once again, it is a huge long shot, but maybe LE reads here or the family and they may hit on something.

P.S, I won 2 place ribbon for the art show I was in last weekend. :great:

HI, I think there is a photo of that sun at Azteca on Beav Hills. Hwy, close to 217. I saw it when I had dinner there after I learned the Horman's went to that location on occasion. I agree that Kyron did a great job on his painting. xox

ETA: I can't find his artwork right now but this is what I saw at Azteca: http://www.aztecamex.com/index.html

Looking back thru all the photos of Kyron I am again struck by how adorable he is.

If you go to photobucket.com and search for Kyron Horman, there are tons of pictures of Kyron.

Actually, pathological liars are habitual, compulsive liars who lie about small things and big things both. They don't lie only when it is important, and they don't stick as close to the truth as possible. If Terri had been a pathological liar, Kaine would have known about it many years earlier, and there's no indication of that.

Who ever stated that pathological liars only lie about big things or when it is important? Personally, I observed while my maternal cousin's pathologically lying husband took the stand and proceeded to lie about his last few hours with his wife and children before he heinously murdered them. It was believed by the prosecution and other professionals that his "story" stayed as close to the truth as possible while making sure not to implicate himself in the murders of his 4 year old son, Zachary, and his 3 year old daughter, Sadie Ann. He admitted to murdering my cousin, MaryJane, and their 2 year old daughter, Madison, but he conveniently tweaked what really happened trying to pin the murders of their 2 older children on MaryJane, claiming that he strangled MaryJane in a rage after finding the 2 oldest children missing and little Madison half-dead. Nobody in my family--including the monster's wife of 7 years--ever realized that he was a pathological liar and narcissistic sociopath until it was too late. These monsters can be very convincing and charismatic when they choose to be. I respect your point-of-view, but I do disagree with you. I believe that it is very possible that Kaine was aware of his wife, Terri's issues, but that he didn't take it seriously enough. Just MOHO....

Helenstreet, I am so sorry. What a horrible thing to live through.

Helenstreet, I am so sorry. What a horrible thing to live through.

Thank you, RoseTree. It is something I never imagined would happen in my family. I think about MaryJane, Zachary, Sadie Ann, and Madison everyday. We visit their memorial in Newport, Oregon at least twice a year. I don't know if I will ever completely understand how someone could destroy their entire family. Beautiful MaryJane was the sweetest, kindest, and most humble person you could ever know.

Okay this is something that bothers me. I am an artist as a lot of you know. I paint or draw pretty much what I know or see, or places I have been. In other words, I capture what I know. Kyron's art work used to be here on the forum but I can't find it anymore, but he drew and painted a picture of the sun. It is beautiful BTW.

This painting is unique for a seven year old. It is stylized, meaning he did a sun that doesn't look like what you see in the sky but more a design of a sun. Most kids that age, draw or paint how things look in life. They try to paint a tree like a tree you see in the woods or in nature. This sun looks like a stained glass window or a sun he may have seen some place.

So my question to myself is; could Kyron have been someplace with TH that had a stained glass window or a drawing/painting of this sun where they went? I have looked up Russian Art to see if I can find anything similar, but no luck.

You may wonder why I would want to know this. It is because, some one helped her, and we don't know who, or where she met this person. I think Kyron knew the person he went with and maybe, just maybe there is a clue to where he met this person or where the person was from. I remember bill boards with his poster in Russian. We wondered why. The sun painting looks like folk art, so that is why I want to know where he saw a sun like this. Once again, it is a huge long shot, but maybe LE reads here or the family and they may hit on something.

P.S, I won 2 place ribbon for the art show I was in last weekend. :great:

http://www.kgw.com/news/slideshows/...77234.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=10#gallery-image

Hi Bern. I liked it too.

Thank you, RoseTree. It is something I never imagined would happen in my family. I think about MaryJane, Zachary, Sadie Ann, and Madison everyday. We visit their memorial in Newport, Oregon at least twice a year. I don't know if I will ever completely understand how someone could destroy their entire family. Beautiful MaryJane was the sweetest, kindest, and most humble person you could ever know.

Was your cousin married to Christian Longo? Oh my gosh, what a sad, sad case that was. And yes, he was quite the liar. He was able to get away with all his lies for a long time, too. He lied in order to steal a car, he lied to get free housing, he lied, lied, and then lied some more. Yet his wife stuck by him. I have no idea how much of his lies she believed, but apparently many people were taken in by him. I am so sorry for your loss. I always thought she seemed very sweet. How awful for her to have been tricked by that selfish, evil man.

Who ever stated that pathological liars only lie about big things or when it is important? Personally, I observed while my maternal cousin's pathologically lying husband took the stand and proceeded to lie about his last few hours with his wife and children before he heinously murdered them. It was believed by the prosecution and other professionals that his "story" stayed as close to the truth as possible while making sure not to implicate himself in the murders of his 4 year old son, Zachary, and his 3 year old daughter, Sadie Ann. He admitted to murdering my cousin, MaryJane, and their 2 year old daughter, Madison, but he conveniently tweaked what really happened trying to pin the murders of their 2 older children on MaryJane, claiming that he strangled MaryJane in a rage after finding the 2 oldest children missing and little Madison half-dead. Nobody in my family--including the monster's wife of 7 years--ever realized that he was a pathological liar and narcissistic sociopath until it was too late. These monsters can be very convincing and charismatic when they choose to be. I respect your point-of-view, but I do disagree with you. I believe that it is very possible that Kaine was aware of his wife, Terri's issues, but that he didn't take it seriously enough. Just MOHO....

I agree with this 100%. One of the reasons pathological liars get to be so good, is that people believe them over and over, which only emboldens the liar to do it more and more and ever more boldly. I think Kaine had some idea his wife was a bit of an exaggerator, maybe. But I doubt he realized what a big liar she really was. Some people are just gifted in the lying department!

By now every one has the picture burned into their minds of Kyron's bright smile in his CSI shirt at the science fair the day he disappeared. I recently saw a picture of Terri's older son on his 15th birthday wearing the same shirt. It appeared to fit him almost the same as Kyron. Kyron appears to be a very small boy, so it seems unbelievable that a shirt would fit with the same looseness on a 15 year old as a 7yr old.
This made me think maybe the picture of Kyron at school was fake? Maybe she edited Kyron's face onto a picture of her older son?

I can post the 2 comparison pictures here if that is not against the rules???? Please let me know!

By now every one has the picture burned into their minds of Kyron's bright smile in his CSI shirt at the science fair the day he disappeared. I recently saw a picture of Terri's older son on his 15th birthday wearing the same shirt. It appeared to fit him almost the same as Kyron. Kyron appears to be a very small boy, so it seems unbelievable that a shirt would fit with the same looseness on a 15 year old as a 7yr old.
This made me think maybe the picture of Kyron at school was fake? Maybe she edited Kyron's face onto a picture of her older son?

I can post the 2 comparison pictures here if that is not against the rules???? Please let me know!

I thought they had purchased the shirts at some kind of event...remember reading something like that way back when. They may have each had their own shirt? I don't think the photo is fake...LE had said they ID'd the person in the background, I believe.

I thought they had purchased the shirts at some kind of event...remember reading something like that way back when. They may have each had their own shirt? I don't think the photo is fake...LE had said they ID'd the person in the background, I believe.

there are additional family photos out there with the entire family in front of the CSI exhibit at some museum.
it is believed this is where the shirts came from.
it was also stated somewhere a while back that Kyron had a habit of taking the older sons shirts cuz he liked the loose fit.
I believe it is also safe to assume Kyron looked up to James in a lot of ways.
this could have contributed to any or all behavioral issues some might claim that kyron was having....
especially since the older sibling was removed from the home.
this would have caused a significant emotional strain on little kyron.

MCSO can relish in the fact that the public cannot hold them responsible for Kyrons disappearance but rest assured there will be some accountability for him not being found....
I find it completely inconceivable that a stay at home mom could dupe so many government bodies and still be running free.
which leaves me coming to the only conclusion that works for me -
she's the easy target...
so much as I want Occam's Razor to define this case and it make it simple
I think it is more likely there are obligations at work that don't put the child first and that's sickening.
I wish I was unique in this train of thought but as we know there are thousands out there that feel the same and there is a great injustice being served to the community.
not only in the Portland area, but on a national level, this case is setting a precedence for a communities outlook and appreciation for the law enforcement who's
primary function is to serve the community and protect us on an 'individual' basis...whatever the case may be.

there are additional family photos out there with the entire family in front of the CSI exhibit at some museum.
it is believed this is where the shirts came from.
it was also stated somewhere a while back that Kyron had a habit of taking the older sons shirts cuz he liked the loose fit.
I believe it is also safe to assume Kyron looked up to James in a lot of ways.
this could have contributed to any or all behavioral issues some might claim that kyron was having....
especially since the older sibling was removed from the home.
this would have caused a significant emotional strain on little kyron.

MCSO can relish in the fact that the public cannot hold them responsible for Kyrons disappearance but rest assured there will be some accountability for him not being found....
I find it completely inconceivable that a stay at home mom could dupe so many government bodies and still be running free.
which leaves me coming to the only conclusion that works for me -
she's the easy target...
so much as I want Occam's Razor to define this case and it make it simple
I think it is more likely there are obligations at work that don't put the child first and that's sickening.
I wish I was unique in this train of thought but as we know there are thousands out there that feel the same and there is a great injustice being served to the community.
not only in the Portland area, but on a national level, this case is setting a precedence for a communities outlook and appreciation for the law enforcement who's
primary function is to serve the community and protect us on an 'individual' basis...whatever the case may be.

Oh come on, 32, are you saying that a stay at home mom can't be smart enough? Do explain- this looks bad.

She obviously was capable of fooling people.

Oh come on, 32, are you saying that a stay at home mom can't be smart enough? Do explain- this looks bad.

I think 32 doesn't know very many stay at home moms. Especially ones with teaching degrees like TM. (Psst, 32. "Stay at home mom" does NOT equal Dumb!)

"Police in St. Helens have identified the man who fell off a Christmas ship and into the Columbia River as John Sullivan.

Sullivan, 43, is a St. Helens resident and is still missing.

"The rescue is still being attempted," said St. Helens Police Chief Steve Salle. "There is a dive team that is coming out to assist in that search."

Sullivan fell off The Trilogy, a 60-foot boat that he was a guest on. Salle said the investigation indicated the fall was accidental.

"The investigation conducted at the time indicates that it was accidental. He went into the water," Salle said. "Other folks on the boat tried to provide him with rescue rings, but he is still missing."

The Columbia County Sherrif's Office river patrol is working the river Sunday. If a body is recovered, the police in St. Helens will take over the investigation.

More information will be posted as it becomes available."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/12/man_who_fell_into_columbia_riv.html

BBM

Just pointing out how treacherous the Columbia River is. Kyron's body could have been thrown into the river off Sauvie Island and washed away and never seen again. It happens on a regular basis.

t
respectfully snipped.

Um. Gee thanks for the vote of confidence in our intellectual prowess on behalf of myself and all the other stay-at-home moms out here.

What are you saying? Any SAHM must be so ignorant/foolish/fill-in-the-blank that she couldn't possibly pull this off, therefore it MUST be a conspiracy or administrative-politically-motivated effort to cover someone's *advertiser censored*?

I think Occam's razor is all that's needed here. I don't think the planning was all that complicated, it wasn't a spontaneous crime committed in the heat of the moment, but it wasn't like Ocean's 11 or the Tower Heist in its complexity either. Terri is protected and has a significant advantage because LE and the prosecutors have the burden of proof. She likely did a fine job of hiding his body: Not hard in the heavily vegetated and water filled PNW particularly given all the time she had. She hasn't slipped up or confessed. They can't prove it, ergo it's highly probable that yes, guess what, a SAHM has effectively duped all those government bodies.

IMO, Terri is an ordinary person who has gotten away with murder because she hid the body well, like so many before her and so many after her. I don't see any evidence for any conspiracy theories, like LE doesn't want this case to be solved. I don't understand what you mean when you said that MCSO will be held accountable for not finding Kyron. How? Is someone going to sue them? Is the federal or state government going to put sanctions on them?

okay - foot is in mouth as I'm typing...

actually, my wife is a stay at home mom and before the third child came along I was the stay at home dad...
implication was not that she was dumb or folks who stay home to raise children are "less than".
I know how hard it is and I respect the role 100% - guilty of poor wording - sorry to all.
my feeling and intended use of the language was only to imply that someone carting three kids around and dealing with the day to day BS and the constant nurturing may not have the time or resources to carefully plot the perfect crime. especially, in this case, where Kaine has stated that she had been in the throws of a pretty heavy drinking problem as well.
deepest apologies -
yesterday was one of those days where I was really busy at work and darting into the job trailer to check out updates and throw some thoughts down and obviously I wasn't proofing things very well.
cheers.

okay - foot is in mouth as I'm typing...

actually, my wife is a stay at home mom and before the third child came along I was the stay at home dad...
implication was not that she was dumb or folks who stay home to raise children are "less than".
I know how hard it is and I respect the role 100% - guilty of poor wording - sorry to all.
my feeling and intended use of the language was only to imply that someone carting three kids around and dealing with the day to day BS and the constant nurturing may not have the time or resources to carefully plot the perfect crime. especially, in this case, where Kaine has stated that she had been in the throws of a pretty heavy drinking problem as well.
deepest apologies -
yesterday was one of those days where I was really busy at work and darting into the job trailer to check out updates and throw some thoughts down and obviously I wasn't proofing things very well.
cheers.

Thanks for that, 32. I thought I knew you better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguel13b