AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #3

curioussleuth

Reaction score
This is my community. They have the dogs, quads. drones, helicopters, airplanes out looking for him. I think he was noticed missing when mom went to get him up from school and that was over 24 hours ago. I cannot imagine him hiding
still.

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't with the autistic behavior stereotype. Not all kids elope. He never had, per his parents. If he didn't do it when he was younger, chances are he won't start doing it now. As an autistic person, I never did. Not once. Not all autistic people behave the exact same way.

Although he could've run away from the seemingly abusive household he lived in.

I can't with the autistic behavior stereotype. Not all kids elope. He never had, per his parents. If he didn't do it when he was younger, chances are he won't start doing it now. As an autistic person, I never did. Not once. Not all autistic people behave the exact same way.

Although he could've run away from the seemingly abusive household he lived in.
Thank you for pointing this out. Correct. Not ever autistic person elopes. Sebastian was Level 1 and according to his teachers, you would never know he was on the spectrum. IMO he didn't just wander out of the house in the middle of the night looking to take a swim. It is a bad stereotype. Maybe those with classic autism but that is not what we are talking about here.

Insofar as I recall this is at least the third interview in which she and/or CP have said they wouldn't wish this on anybody.

I'm not sure why I find that repetition odd but I do.

Maybe they are unconsciously expressing guilt for having ever wished for it for themselves (not pointing fingers at them—I imagine is a thought any parent in a moment of utter frustration with their child might have, i.e. “I wish you’d just GO AWAY”).

I am baffled by this case, and it's driving me mad.

I keep coming back to Katie's evolving stories of that night.

1. At nine I told him to go to bed, and he did.

2. At nine I told him to go to bed and he did, but about ten I heard a noise from his room and said, I don't know what you're doing in there, but go to sleep!

3. At nine I told him to go to bed and he did, but about ten I heard a noise that sounded like a thud coming from his room so I said, Bubba did you fall out of bed? and he said no.

There's a vast difference between 1 and 3.

2. At nine I told him to go to bed and he did, but about ten I heard a noise from his room and said, I don't know what you're doing in there, but go to sleep!

3. At nine I told him to go to bed and he did, but about ten I heard a noise that sounded like a thud coming from his room so I said, Bubba did you fall out of bed? and he said no.

Does it sound to you that in number 3 she is trying to explain the thud/noise? Plus we get to know that she heard his voice. Thank you for putting her quotes like this. Something to think about.

In at least one interview KP referred the noise as a ‘thud’, which could describe a specific intense sound. Like a heavy object or person falling on the floor. Sebastians room is on ground level and if she was on the ground floor also, so I’m surprised that she described the sound as a thud. But whatever it was, made her think he may have fallen out of bed, but didn’t cause her to get up and check.

Hearing a thud from a child’s room AND that child is missing the next day - that’s no coincidence. If I was mum my head would be filled with ‘if onlys’ ‘ I should have check on him. He’d still be here’.

But KP doesn’t sppear to give it much, if any, weight or importance, even though it is the very LAST thing that happened before she discovered her son had vanished.
Strange! IMO

Edited to correct typo

Last edited:
In at least one interview KP referred the noise as a ‘thud’, which could describe a specific intense sound. Like a heavy object or person falling on the floor. Sebastians room is on ground level and if she was on the ground floor also, so I’m surprised that she described the sound as a thud. But whatever it was, made her think he may have fallen out of bed, but didn’t cause her to get up and check.

Hearing a thud from a child’s room AND that child is missing the next day - that’s no coincidence. If I was mum my head would be filled with ‘if onlys’ ‘ I should have check on him. He’d still be here’.

But KP doesn’t sppear to give it much, if any, weight or importance, even though it is the very LAST thing that happened before she discovered her son had vanished.
Strange! IMO

Edited to correct typo
In an interview with smiley, she did answer the question asking what she would change about that night, and she did say that she would have slept outside his bedroom door. What she did not say is that she would have checked in on him after that “thud.”

In an interview with smiley, she did answer the question asking what she would change about that night, and she did say that she would have slept outside his bedroom door. What she did not say is that she would have checked in on him after that “thud.”

Lots of things to do differently!

Shout ‘what’s that thud?’
Get up and check on him.
Go into his room to say goodnight again.
Peek in before going to bed.
Hang up on CP and investigate noises.
Check doors/windows are locked and secure.

But sleeping outside his door!
Interesting and unusual answer IMO.
And only would have made a difference if he had runaway (which she doesn’t believe this happened) or he was abducted via an external door or another window in the house.

Re mom and the "thud" --

Someone please clarify -- didn't she say that she called out to SR after the thud and he answered?

Also, I don't have a good mental picture of their home/neighborhood -- are there other homes close enough nearby where someone else might have heard any commotion, possibly including this "thud"?

Re mom and the "thud" --

Someone please clarify -- didn't she say that she called out to SR after the thud and he answered?

Also, I don't have a good mental picture of their home/neighborhood -- are there other homes close enough nearby where someone else might have heard any commotion, possibly including this "thud"?

Yes and no. As Izzy posted, the story does grow. She asked if he fell out of bed. Answer was ‘no’.

The houses are spacious. A huge commotion probably (this did not seem to happen. I’m only drawing a reference) but not a thud, and by the description of the house layout (Nancy Grace interview) in my mind SR bedroom is at the front of the house and set back from the road and from the neighboring houses.

Re mom and the "thud" --

She did say that he answered after the thud.

That word "thud" has always bothered me. As Nancy Grace said, it is often preceded by the word "sickening."

I know LE has vastly more information than they have released, but I am praying that Sebastian's case doesn't turn out to be one of those where he's never found and no one is ever held accountable for his fate.

Re mom and the "thud" --

I haven’t looked for them myself but early on there were pictures floating around of the layout of the home, I think they were from Zellow. Their home is a Ranch style but IIRC there are others that are 2 stories. I saw 1 or 2 pictures, possibly from LEOs body cam and another from Google Earth(?)

The homes are spacious, set back from the street and spread out. If you are facing the house Sebastian’s room is in front on your left, the window faces the street. IMO, you would need to make a heck of a lot of noise to be heard outside of the house, more of a kaboom, than a thud.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back