AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #3

Chris Proudfoot and Seth join us. It got ugly, angry and then at the end it got better. Almost 3 and 1/2 hours long. I want to apologize for all the ugly people in our chat tonight. Our mods did their best to delete the comments but it was crazy.

What an interview. I know Chris was very angry. But I would be too if everyone was accusing my whole family. I've seen horrible things on those public FB groups about all of them including SR. Then you have the you tubers, tiktokers all spreading rumors to get clicks. And the Psychics crawling out of the woodwork. Its got to be overwhelming. They have all lived this nightmare for two months now. I think they are all breaking. I get Seth not being able to function. I hope I'm never in any of their shoes. IDK what happened but I don't think any of the 3 had anything to do with this. I think the PI's are leaning toward him being close to home.
After listening to the whole thing. I agree. Chris is the man people love to hate, with gòod reason. He’s offensive, condescending, short tempered, and generally an azz.

After listening to the whole thing. I agree. Chris is the man people love to hate, with gòod reason. He’s offensive, condescending, short tempered, and generally an azz.
I had to lol at your comment. I wouldn't last 5 minutes with him. But I do feel bad for him also with the attacks on his family.

I wish I knew. On one hand I want to believe that due to the silence from LE that they know the direction the investigation is taking them and the silence is warranted until they have what they need. On the other hand I worry that they have no specific direction or leads.

I hate the wait.
As in the case of the 2 women in OK and the Idaho 4 where it appeared LE had no leads and cases might go cool, I believe the police are simply "dotting I and crossing Ts" right now. I'm sure they notice all the bizarre changing stories and behavior we do as well.

To me, these are the only scenarios that make sense:

1. It is a planned parental kidnapping/abduction by or/and orchestrated by Seth. Motive: revenge, hate on the Proudfoots, "want's to show them
how bad parents they really are"
. He planned with Sebastian on Thursday when they were going to meet up and how (just outside cameras and just outside the house). (Seth as LE experience). This means he must have psychopathic tendencies to be able to torture the mother of his son to this degree. Does he? If Seth's alibi checks: He needs an accomplish to do this. Either something goes wrong here (Fargo-style) or Seth is a true and convincing psychopath (I am not saying he is, this is JUST a theory).

2. Sebastian unalived. The "thud" was it. Kate found him, perhaps hours later. She was convinced by Chris to "cover up". He doesn't want to loose the custody battle with his daughter, he threatens to leave Kate and tells her "he is already dead". They plan it all. Chris drives there at night, the body is dumped on the way back to Memphis. They lie.
I don't see how Kate can lie so well, as a mother to that boy. and over time. It seems quite unlikley. But, if she is truly in denial and traumatized by the event and what followed - it is a possibility.

3. Sebastian did know someone that none of the parents knew. A person he trusted. Outside all the family drama. In regard to, how all guardians in his life have acted, he was in need of a person who "saw him" and he could be a perfect victim for a predator. BUT - this predator needs to be close: meaning: a teacher, a neighbor, therapist - someone he communicated with offline.
If he was punished by Kate that night, left outside without shoes: he was sick of it. He left and he ran into that person. If that is true: he is not alive. And they have a serial predator in the area... Which means there much be evidence already (some kind) of an "odd character".

Challenge me!
IMO I think 1 is about a zero on the possible scale. Seth seems to be the only parent that truly cares, is out searching and distraught - like a normal person would be.

I think your 2nd theory is on target about Sebastian unalived. IMO he was unalived - possibly the reason for the "thud" story that continued to grow. I don't think it was accidental - again just MOO. Next either they both wanted to cover up - her to avoid jail and him to avoid interference in his custody case. IMO she did the unalive and cover up and he simply has the knowledge.

I don't think 3 is likely. It seems like little effort was put into parenting, that her focus was her husband not her child. I think she wouldn't put the effort into kicking him outside for punishment. I also think there would be more of a trace of a teen that ran off then as far as we know has been found.

Everything seems so fishy to me. The 3 hour phone call has always been a red flag for me. They both had affairs. Marriage on the rocks. Autistic teenager. Was KP need help that night? Really does LE have phone transcripts? That would clear up allot of

I don't find the long call weird, UNLESS LE finds it was a one off type call. My spouse travels to/from work which is usally anywhere from 4 to 18 hours from our home & is away from home at the work location anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks at a time. Almost every drive spouse makes to/from home to jobsite we are on the phone together 2 or 3 hours. We don't talk daily when my spouse is at the jobsite to due to type of work, but we have a 2ish hour conversation at least 1-2 times a week. Several of our friends are the same with their spouses.

What the heck?!!

‘the Sebastian deal’
‘let’s focus on the positive’
There were loads more, but these two comments hit me hard.

And let’s get real, did Chris ever give Sebastian hugs and say I love you.
All that fun jazz.

One question I have is why doesn’t KP ever talk on the tapes? It’s always Chris the step father trying to control the conversation? It should be Seth and Katie. Chris claims he wasn’t even around. JMOO

CP said KP was in the room. Right?

And she remained quiet throughout the entire time while all hell was breaking loose. I can only think that she is being controlled and effectually silenced.

It was interesting to hear what questions he would and wouldnt answer.

Has anything been reported in MSM about CP parents being near the steakhouse on that Sunday?

<modsnip

FACTS:

1) 3 search dogs hit on the retention pond. It was drained and dragged with no results.
2) Front door opens and closes with a keypad. Back door and all other doors open and lock with keys. When Kate woke up every door was locked.
3) When last seen by his mother Sebastian was wearing long black pants with a white stripe down the side. (Similar to 1970's Adidas style) with a long sleeve black shirt.
4) Long sleeve black shirt, not a sweatshirt or a hoodie.
5) The decal on the shirt is very possibly:
Halloween OR
Starwars OR
Minecraft
Quote from video - Chris Proudfoot "Sebastian's clothes mostly consist of (if it has a picture/decal on it) one of three things. Halloween, Starwars or Minecraft. Those are his three favourite things."

Questions I have:

1) Who knows the keypad code not living with Chris, Kate and son? Not counting close family i.e. mom and dad and other children or Seth.

2) 3 dogs traced to pond, did they go around to pick up trace again? Are they bringing in cadaver dogs to pond?

3) All other doors lock with keys. Where was the back door key kept? How many people were in the house in the last year (again excluding the same parties as above, so this is someone invited in through the front or back that knows about the keypad and and lock) who fixed something or were left alone for a while. Long enough to take an impression of the back door key or the garage keys?

4) Who would he go with outside above mentioned parties? Friend? Teacher? Doctor? (Obviously this would be someone pretending to be friend etc)

5) Did he play Minecraft or any game online with an online chat in the game?

6) No maps on thread. May I post maps?

7) In light of question 6 can the areas already searched be indicated unless LE don't want public to know. Furthermore can areas LE wish property owners or public to search be indicated on a map?

8) P.I. Chloe mentioned walking from the construction site to the Proudfoot home, is it possible Sebastian walked to the construction site to the South East? Or the construction site to the South West or even further to another site to the West? On two of the sites there are houses being constructed at roof height. Is it possible he walked into one of those houses?

JMHO if he walked to the pond he could have walked to a construction site, but without shoes I see him sticking to sand and forest and staying off gravel. The other problem is the trees, he would have walked into trees almost immediately if he didn't stay on the road, and there's no scarcity of trees, there are too many places where if you stand at number 1100 (random number) ABC street you can't see 1102 ABC street. Again this my opinion only, without answers to those questions I don't know if he walked out or was taken out. When asked just throw out the first thing that comes to mind Chris said he walked out.

<modsnip>

When Tricia started the live, she said 'either he walked out, was abducted or he's still in the house' Chris' imagination got him as far as walking out.

<modsnip>

JMHO In any event, just because the doors were locked is not proof that there was no abduction. It's still possible. The other alternative is that he walked out the front door. Also viable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve also not pinned down how I feel about CP. My original thought when it started was he’s not involved. I won’t be shocked if he didn’t have anything to do with this and isn’t as awful as his caricature might appear. I kinda think he might just be an average dude.

As far as the words he chooses when he speaks, I personally don’t think they’re necessarily going to reveal anything. He’s not an academic type guy and I think sometimes he may use phrases that don’t have the connotation he was going for. Plus they’re in Tennessee. We have to think of regional speech patterns.

Questions I have:

1) Who knows the keypad code not living with Chris, Kate and son? Not counting close family i.e. mom and dad and other children or Seth.

JMHO In any event, just because the doors were locked is not proof that there was no abduction. It's still possible. The other alternative is that he walked out the front door. Also viable.

Snipped by me. I wonder who else knew the code also.

FACTS:

1) 3 search dogs hit on the retention pond. It was drained and dragged with no results.
Bolding mine.
Snipped for focus.

This has not been confirmed, as far as we know.
Chris Proudfoot did give this information regarding the dogs tracking Sebastian to the pond, but it's not official yet.

Still speculation at this time, it would appear -- not that the pond was searched ... but that the dogs hit on a definitive scent.
Afaik, there (sadly !) wasn't a scent from Sebastian found outside Chris and Katie's house.

From this link :

Mar 27, 2024 — Sebastian's stepfather, Chris Proudfoot,
said ... a search dog had traced
Sebastian's scent to the pond...
Red emphasis mine.

From the above link -- This is what was said by the emergency management agency director :

Emergency Management Agency Director Ken Weidner added that search-and-rescue dogs had not been able to pick up a scent.

This was from outside the Proudfoot residence and not necessarily -- but could include -- the road to the retention pond.
This has not been stated yet by LE.
It almost seems that he was taken away from Chris P's home by a vehicle ?

The landfill search was beyond disturbing and makes it appear that LE are leaning in a direction that is not positive.
A recovery and not a rescue.
Omo.

Last edited:
In any event, just because the doors were locked is not proof that there was no abduction. It's still possible. The other alternative is that he walked out the front door. Also viable.
^^SBMFF^^

Absolutely. While the doors being locked doesn’t necessarily support the abduction theory, it certainly does not eliminate that possibility from consideration.

Abductor(s) could have exited with Sebastian via front door & just pressed the external “lock” button on the keypad (attachment w/example) as they departed the residence.

Alternatively, Sebastian could have let himself out & done the same, locking the front door behind him.

^^That^^ would have been a question I would have liked to have had answered by the dads last night … Whether Sebastian routinely locked the doors to his home(s) behind him, when exiting.

My sons are not great about it and need reminding (both neurotypical & my elder son that’s on the spectrum).

Attachments

• IMG_9928.jpeg
    IMG_9928.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 8
So he was captured on camera taking out the trash, but no camera recorded him leaving the house again after that, right? I assume he was on camera going back inside the house after taking out the trash.

So what other ways are there of exiting this house that are not in view of any camera? Or are they saying all their doors would have camera footage of someone exiting through them? In that case, he would've left out a window? Chimney???

Maybe I just missed it or misunderstood, but I thought they were saying they do not know how (through what exit) he left the house, since it wasn't caught on camera. If I have that right, then how else COULD he have gotten out of the house without being captured on camera? If he wore all black and no flashlight turned on? Probably would still see him. Maybe he disabled the camera? But then they'd have noticed that later. I guess. If he army-crawled on his stomach out the door? But the camera would still see the door opening, even if he wasn't seen. I don't know, I just know he went out in one way or another, and if not, well, that's a whole other mystery, one that I don't want to think about.

So I would like to know, how do they think he exited the house that night (or morning)? Have they said?

So he was captured on camera taking out the trash, but no camera recorded him leaving the house again after that, right? I assume he was on camera going back inside the house after taking out the trash.

So what other ways are there of exiting this house that are not in view of any camera? Or are they saying all their doors would have camera footage of someone exiting through them? In that case, he would've left out a window? Chimney???

Maybe I just missed it or misunderstood, but I thought they were saying they do not know how (through what exit) he left the house, since it wasn't caught on camera. If I have that right, then how else COULD he have gotten out of the house without being captured on camera? If he wore all black and no flashlight turned on? Probably would still see him. Maybe he disabled the camera? But then they'd have noticed that later. I guess. If he army-crawled on his stomach out the door? But the camera would still see the door opening, even if he wasn't seen. I don't know, I just know he went out in one way or another, and if not, well, that's a whole other mystery, one that I don't want to think about.

So I would like to know, how do they think he exited the house that night (or morning)? Have they said?
IIRC the PF's stated that they did not have an outside camera. I thought the referenced camera was a neighbors. Unless I missed some new information.

IIRC the PF's stated that they did not have an outside camera. I thought the referenced camera was a neighbors. Unless I missed some new information.
^^ Correct ^^ As far as I know/have heard.

This led into our discussion about how some (but not all, of course) held opinions that the absence of cameras/door chimes/alarm system seemed odd (my own opinion included as a parent of a preteen on the spectrum).

KP working for Brinks also contributed to my opinion that the lack of said items/security seems odd in this case specifically/in particular. (MOO)

**edited to add a “,” **

Last edited:
^^ Correct ^^ As far as I know/have heard.

This led into our discussion about how some (but not all of course) held opinions that the absence of cameras/door chimes/alarm system seemed odd (my own opinion included as a parent of a preteen on the spectrum).

KP working for Brinks also contributed to my opinion that the lack of said items/security seems odd in this case specifically/in particular. (MOO)
I completely agree it is odd that she didn't have an alarm system since she would probably get it at discounted cost. IMO there are a lot of things with this case that don't make any sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutaba
Back