TN TN - Bethany Markowski, 11, Jackson, 4 March 2001

I believe this is the profile for the woman Bethany's father, Larry Markowski, married.

http://www.facebook.com/friends/?id=100000911691560#!/profile.php?id=100000911691560

She says in her profile she has has a 17 year-old daughter. Now, if she is anything like me she wrote her profile when she created her Facebook page (however long ago that was) and has not updated it since - which would account for the age discrepancy since Bethany is now 20. She also kinda does look like the images of the suspect in the case....

Anyhow, just some thoughts. I definitely think she is alive... but where? Probably with her dad and stepmom. Why hasn't she been found yet?

Wow, she does look like the sketch. But could the dad and step-mom have Bethany all this time and nobody notice? LE investigated the family. Hmmm?? :waitasec:

I also think bethany is still out there, mainly because the woman who took her tried entering her into school.
It's rare that a girl of her age would stay with her captor, but sometimes victims-like Jaycee Dugard-become attached to their captors and turn down chances for escape. Perhaps that's what this is?

I visited the FB page. You can read the wall and it looks like she hasn't been on Facebook long. I would definitely continue to watch it and the addition of friends. It is very sad to say that I think it is entirely possible she could have been with her dad, but there is no way LE is going to actively look for every missing person. Even with regular LE visits, Jaycee fell through the cracks. It could very well be that someone close to the family kept her until the "coast was clear". She could have been told that her mom didn't want her or who knows what.

It would be great to make a FB page for Bethany. I wish her mom were still posting here....maybe we could e-mail her.

I looked at the facebook link and the first thing I noticed is she states they have been married for 9 years & even gives the anniversary date of July 12, 2001. Assuming this is "the" couple, who in the world would actually get married when their kid has been missing for only 3 months!?!? Getting married would be the last thing on my mind at a time like that. Anyways, given the fact the "9 years" is accurately stated on her account, I believe the rest of her profile is up-to-date.

By the way, she has a myspace account too.
http://www.myspace.com/316979394

I came across a sketch of the female Bethany was spotted with.. I wonder how accurate it really is.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...es?q=bethany+markowski&hl=en&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1

Wow, she does look like the sketch. But could the dad and step-mom have Bethany all this time and nobody notice? LE investigated the family. Hmmm?? :waitasec:

The sketch and description I came across put the female in her 40's. The FB lady is supposely 33 (according to facebook and myspace) now and would have put her around 24ish (depending on birthdate) at the time of Bethany's disappearance.

Has anyone come across any photos of Larry?

Bethany was spotted in April 2001 in southeast Tennessee with an unknown female.

Wanted for Questioning-Markowski case
Height: 5’4″-5’5″
Weight: 185 lbs.
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Eye Color: Dark
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark circles around eyes.
Other: Witnesses say her hair was clean but frizzy and
damaged. She did not look bathed, had torn and incorrectly tied shoes.
She appeared to be suffering from a hangover

BBM: Could this person have been a drifter or homeless and was paid by someone to try to enroll Bethany in school? Don't know if that's been brought up before... apologies if it has.

After 10 years, search for Bethany continues: Family still waits for answers after girl, 11, disappeared in '01

Ten years of uncertainty hasn’t eased the emotion or efforts of a mother whose daughter was reported missing from Jackson in 2001.

A candlelight vigil to honor Tennessee’s missing children was held on March 4, which was the 10-year anniversary since 11-year-old Bethany Markowski was reported missing from Old Hickory Mall. Thirty billboards have been put up across the state with Markowski’s picture as an 11-year-old and a sketch of what she’d look like now.

Her mother, Jonnie Carter, undergoes a pendulum swing of feelings as she still seeks out what happened to her daughter.

More: http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110404/NEWS01/110404011

Bumping for Bethany, hope you are found soon.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/bethany-leanne-markowski/view
Bethany Markowski was last seen by her father in the parking lot of the Old Hickory Shopping Mall in Jackson, Tennessee, on the afternoon of March 4, 2001. Bethany had gone into the mall alone while her father waited for her in the car. After approximately two hours passed, Bethany's father went into the mall to look for his daughter, but was unable to locate her.

REWARD

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of Bethany Markowski and the identification, arrest, and conviction of the person responsible for her disappearance.

If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

this case always bothered me because i have always felt she was alive, i want so bad for her family to see her again, any infor on if the dad was interviewed? was there evidence of them at the mall?

I just read about this case and it is SO bizarre!

I can't imagine a woman abducting an 11 year old....but that seems like the most logical answer.

Just read about this case for the fisrt time today and when I saw the sketch it reminded me of Wanda Barzee. She is the women who helped kidnapped Elizabeth Smart.

Think about this girl all the time. If the sightings are accurate about the older woman (who tried to enroll her in a school), I think it's possible she took Bethany to be her own. Why her? I have no idea, usually people wanting children will target an infant or a younger child instead of a pre-teen. Maybe there was also a man involved. I have always held hope this girl is still alive & just in a captive situation like the girls in Cleveland.

I think it's definitely possible that the woman could have lured her into something like a Jaycee Lee Dugard situation with a man in the background.

Bumping for Bethany. I also feel like this girl is likely to be alive somewhere. I think with a nationwide push to get her photo and info back out there she might just come forward on her own at this point.

The mother in this case is still actively searching for Bethany. This thread should be reopened. Please like and share Bethany's page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Bethany-Markowski-272503719794601/
A missing person's flyer can be found for Bethany there and on Missing Pieces Network: www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork

:welcome: I would be happy to share Bethany's page on Facebook. Bethany's thread has never been closed, it has remained open...waiting for someone to bump it up or for a new article or information to be posted :)

:welcome: I would be happy to share Bethany's page on Facebook. Bethany's thread has never been closed, it has remained open...waiting for someone to bump it up or for a new article or information to be posted :)

Thank you for the update. When I originally found this thread yesterday, it told me it was closed, so I'm happy to know it isn't actually. Thank you for sharing her page. More details will also follow on www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPie...830.1525175764455263/1561820157457490/?type=3

attachment.php

:bump: for Bethany.

Attachments

• 13882383_1561820157457490_2422732672526809842_n.jpg
    13882383_1561820157457490_2422732672526809842_n.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 160
I think it's definitely possible that the woman could have lured her into something like a Jaycee Lee Dugard situation with a man in the background.
It's possible, but I think it's far more likely that the father murdered Bethany and that the girl spotted with that woman was just a lookalike.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back