TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge talking to Cobbins about the guilty pleas...again.

Asking if Cobbins is guilty of those charges.

BRB

Back, Is this Boyd's cousin testifying? She's the owner of the white car driven to the kidnapping?

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Nicole Mathis telling jury how she laoned car to Boyd, car identified at scene of Chipman kidnapping

Boyd cousin on the stand for defense

Cobbins says he wants to "sleep on" his decision to plead - cold feet?

Cobbins won't testify

Nicole Mathis Why was she smirking nothing funny or to smile about. Anyone else think that was odd?

Judge telling jury that tomorrow they may have another witness, will here arguments and be told the law. He tells them them they can do what they want about deliberating on Sunday...or not.

Tomorrow might hear from another witness. After witness Argue and Charge. Present closing arguments and give jury the law. This is in a form. Will take most if all in the morning. Start deliberating tomorrow.

If jury convicts Cobbins of any murder counts we'll have separate trial of sorts to consider death

Judge says jury can deliberate Sunday if they choose

Trial has gone twice as fast as expected mainly cause of defense strategy to admit some stuff like rape

Done for the day. See tomorrow's KNS or knoxnews.com for wrap-up of 2day's fireworks

This has gone by fast. I can't wait to hear the prosecutor's closing arguments. See you all here in the morning!

Did anyone else notice (and I apologize if I missed it in previous posts) that in the taped phone convo's between Daphne and LD that they were talking of her being pregnant and he asked her if she was going to still have the baby? Does anyone know if she did in fact have that baby??

ps - Daphne does have a myspace, that you can google, I'm not gonna post the link b/c I don't think I can as she's not an accused!! But this is her "normal" appearance these days I think! :)

Does anyone know if she did have Davidsons baby?

Good afternoon hope to see you all tomorrow and thank you Suzyq and others.

So he admitted to raping her orally, but wasn't invovled. Yeah OK A$$hole!! I never heard anything about body fuild from the mattress or sheets where Channon was kept. did they process the matress?

Wonder why Vanessa lied about them trying to break her neck? Maybe she was trying to cover up her part in the death and disposal.

Forgive me, this is probably a dumb question, but the ME said Channon's eyes were open when she died. Does that mean she was conscious? I so wanted for her to have been unconscious at some point so that she didn't have to feel and endure what they were doing to her.

This case has me heartsick, I can't fathom how the parents must feel.

Does anyone know if she did have Davidsons baby?

IDK, IIRC, Her myspace says she has three kids and one born last February. I don't know if any of those three is Davidson's

Forgive me, this is probably a dumb question, but the ME said Channon's eyes were open when she died. Does that mean she was conscious? I so wanted for her to have been unconscious at some point so that she didn't have to feel and endure what they were doing to her.

This case has me heartsick, I can't fathom how the parents must feel.

IIRC, the ME said it really didn't mean anything when someone's eyes are open in death. I know my SIL went into a hosp room to see her mom who was dead and her eyes suddenly opened. Freaked my SIL out big time.

Carjack/slaying trial, Day 5: Prosecution rests, jury could deliberate Saturday
http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2009/aug/21/carjackslaying-trial-day-5-me-outlines-gruesome-at/

Cobbins says guilty pleas for best

By Jamie Satterfield
Published Friday, August 21, 2009
Editor's note: An earlier version of this story incorrectly implied that cell phone pictures showed Christopher Newsom being raped. The pictures showed male anal sex, but there was no testimony the images were of Newsom.

http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2009/aug/21/cobbins-says-guilty-pleas-best/

# Final tidbit 2day - noticeably absent was Channon's brother. His mom says he's struggling, autopsy stuff 2 much #c-n - about 4 hours ago from txt
For latest minute by minute on closing arguments follow me at twitter.com/jamiescoop #c-n - about 4 hours ago from txt
1 defense witness still on lam, judge won't wait for him to turn up. Believed to be junkie, defense not too worried #c-n - about 4 hours ago from txt
All very unpleasant and even unsavory but that's the legal system and how it works. #c-n - about 5 hours ago from txt
Defense has taken great pains to put distance between oral rape and death and show minor injuries from oral rape #c-n - about 5 hours ago from txt
Now prosecution has to convince jury Christian killed in commission of oral rape #c-n - about 5 hours ago from txt
Prosecution chooses oral rape - good choice since Cobbins says he did it #c-n - about 5 hours ago from txt
Judge is requiring prosecutors to specify which specific act of rape they are accusing Cobbins of responsibility #c-n - about 5 hours ago from txt
Lawyers now haggling over charges jury will decide and how legal instructions worded, boring but key to outcome #c-n - about 5 hours ago from txt
Cobbins now says he wants to sleep on decision not to testify. He's cool with pleas #c-n - about 5 hours ago from txt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000