GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to hear the responses from the families. After the trial last month, I bet they were a bit worried.

Thanks SuziQ!

I was in the courtroom today. The victim impact statements were the most powerful I've ever heard, and not because I was there in person. Before passing the sentences, the judge said over and over, "I can't understand it," in reference to the horrific nature of the murders.

David From TN

Grrrr! I totally missed this!!! Thanks everyone for the updates...Suzi, love ya as always! I'm glad to see that Judge B., is taking this as heavy as he is. If there is ANYONE that knows everything there is to know (for the most part) about these cases it's Judge B. & the prosecutors.

It also makes me a little less worried about VC, I think Judge B. is going to throw the proverbial book at her as hard as he can.

Thanks again guys! :)

David, great piece you wrote. I hope you don't mind that I'm linking the award for Knox News.

knoxnews.com, the Knoxville News Sentinel website, won a national Edward R. Murrow Award today for its video news documentary on the murders of Knox County couple Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.
The 2010 awards were announced by the Radio Television Digital News Association, which honors excellence in electronic journalism.
"Death on Chipman Street: The Channon Christian and Chris Newsom Murders" examined the carjacking, robbery, rape and murders of the University of Tennessee student and her boyfriend in January 2007.

More and documentary video at link
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/jun/16/knoxnews-wins-murrow-award/

I read about this case early on, but, did not follow the trial. When I think about what Chris & Channon went through, it makes me physically sick to my stomach.

Sorry, but,the animals that did this don't deserve a prison cell, food, or a bed to sleep on. They don't deserve another breath of air.To think Davidson will be allowed to live for yrs. while his attorneys play the system makes me violently ill.

The hardest thing to do when writing the piece was describing the crimes (again). Even writing it down gets difficult after a while.

Regarding the hearing, I saw and heard a lot more by being in the courtroom.

David From TN

I'm sure the Jurors saw and heard things that will stay with them for the rest of their lives. Just reading some of the details about this case is almost more than I can handle.

I'm sure the Jurors saw and heard things that will stay with them for the rest of their lives. Just reading some of the details about this case is almost more than I can handle.

Very hard.

Prayers for the Christians. I had a cousin that the same thing happened to. I guess it's something that happens often??

The Christians had the motorcycle accident. Gary Christian reported that they are fine. The sentencing hearing for Vanessa Coleman is scheduled for July 30.

so consecutive dps....do they get to kill him twice? :)

It would be nice of the sentencing hearing for Vanessa Coleman on July 30 would get one tenth of the coverage Lindsey Lohan's hearing received.

David From TN

It would be nice of the sentencing hearing for Vanessa Coleman on July 30 would get one tenth of the coverage Lindsey Lohan's hearing received.

David From TN

Soooooooo true William. Sad state of affairs that our world is in right now, or I guess I should say that our media is in.

Also, so much sadness surrounds this case. Not only the brutal way these two lost their lives, the accident of Deena and Gary, and now the death of the juror. I hope and pray that everyone else involved in this case (with the obvious exception of the perps) stays safe and carries on with their long lives after all is said and done.

Does anyone have any clue how long it will take TN to execute LD?

Soooooooo true William. Sad state of affairs that our world is in right now, or I guess I should say that our media is in.

Also, so much sadness surrounds this case. Not only the brutal way these two lost their lives, the accident of Deena and Gary, and now the death of the juror. I hope and pray that everyone else involved in this case (with the obvious exception of the perps) stays safe and carries on with their long lives after all is said and done.

Does anyone have any clue how long it will take TN to execute LD?

The last death row inmate executed in Tennessee was one Cecil Johnson Jr. in December 2009. The execution was 29 years after a triple killing at Bob Bell's Market. He was given 3 death sentences by a jury (http://deathpenaltynews.blogspot.com/2009/11/tennessee-dr-inmate-cecil-johnson-jr.html).

David From TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member