TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't going to post this, because originally I thought it was a large framed woman... but now other articles are saying a small framed woman. However, it is a white woman who has been there for a length of time. So I thought I would put it here just in case. I assume that it would be the wrong direction to have been from TN... but what do I know.

Woman's body recovered from Mississippi River

http://www.winonadailynews.com/news/local/article_caba889a-c1d6-11e0-b964-001cc4c03286.html

http://www.myjournalcourier.com/news/body-34482-county-calhoun.html

889 miles from the Pla-Mor Campground in Minnesota to Signal Mtn Tn:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...W6g;FTqNnwIdhrCL-iHGCb8zzge7XA&mra=ls&t=h&z=5

Second article says LE estimates the body has been there 3 to 5 weeks.

Hope you don't mind me jumping off of your post in a slightly different direction here, confused!

Do we know if this 'new' phone scenario involved transferring data from other phones, such as contact lists, pictures, etc? TIA.

Good point. I think he changed the land line #..because of the press and maybe other people calling too. It also wouldn't surprise me if got a new cell, but kept the same number and didn't transfer the sims card?...but reprogrammed when buying phones that Sunday. Maybe GP did call BCBS....or somebody? He KNEW he was going to be let go because of the conference scam. No doubt....TH too. They would have asked for his company phone when placed on leave. IMO, this was his concern...and the most likely the reason for his reactions at the PC. He was found out....so no need to look/sound like a hypocrite in regards to GP.

About 500 miles from Chattanooga..

http://mapq.st/oVkl52

ETA... Wonder IF that is Jacque Waller, isn't she from Mo.?

Wasn't he from Cape Girardeau....further south?....or was it her family was from there and he was further north from around the St Louis area? I'm not that familiar with her case. I guess he could have taken her up north to try and throw LE off. Map of the areas discussed:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W...vA-q-in7d8-UNoV3iDGSX406_xyQgA&mra=ls&t=h&z=6

OT:

Oriah, in the case of Celina Cass, they discovered her body around 10:30 AM, but did not remove her from the water until around 5PM. Located at a dam area with high walls and banks. Also, a black hawk was brought in, but we doubt it was used to pull her out because a group was seen pulling the cables and the basket up the concrete wall. Have any ideas on the time period and the use of the black hawk? Would the black hawk have been used for anything having to do with gaining other evidence? Radar, special photograhy, etc? Thanks....

ETA: Also, LE and divers were at another location late in the afternoon the previous day, when they were told about a bag near the site where she was eventually found and one left to go check it out. The divers were pulled and never entered the water again that day, and they stopped all ground searches; the next day they focused (divers) where she was found.

:twocents:I wouldn't think that Lookouts game was the Wednesday before GP went missing because MP would have been FAUX conference out of town with TH. As it was, MP UNEXPECTEDLY arrived back in SM around noonish that Friday (April 29th) correct? So, maybe the game you were referring to (the "teacher appreciation" game with the Lookouts game) actually took place the week before, possibly on May 20th 2011. The storms/tornadoes hit the SM area hard on Wednesday May 27th...so I don't think there would have been any BB games that Wednesday (the 27th). Maybe someone with more knowledge than myself can clear this question up some.

If not that is okay too, because GP was still with us at that point in time...so it really is not that important to this case.The Saturday game played on the evening of April 30th is another story and very important to this case. We know MP was seen at the game with their 2 children that evening. Where was MP post game until Monday when GP was finally reported missing at the urging of AD & DNN? That is a great deal of unaccounted for time. IMHO. I for one would like to know where MP says he was during that period of time, and if MP has anyone who can vouch for his story with regards to his whereabouts during that timespan.
:twocents:
I knew I should have looked up exact dates before posting! MP was at the Lookouts Game Saturday, April 30th. Friends of ours who saw him there say he was having a blast. Very jovial, visible and engaging.
The Lookouts game that was school oriented was not until May 23rd. He was there too, with mom, kids, DN and KN.

I knew I should have looked up exact dates before posting! MP was at the Lookouts Game Saturday, April 30th. Friends of ours who saw him there say he was having a blast. Very jovial, visible and engaging.
The Lookouts game that was school oriented was not until May 23rd. He was there too, with mom, kids, DN and KN.

:twocents:Referring to my original post regarding the Lookouts games in April. Only using your post conundrummed to make my apologies to ev1. Yes...Sorry to everyone. Clarification: I meant to say APRIL ...not May (so please insert the word APRIL in where you see May in that post about the BB games/Lookouts games prior to GP going missing on April 30, 2011). Was thinking April, but my fingers had something else in mind:loser:...darn dyslexic keyboard again....lol ...or maybe just exhausted. I will be more vigilant in the future and proof read more thoroughly before hitting SUBMIT:innocent:.

(snipped for space) I seem to recall that it was stated two or more threads back that Gail had Sprint service. And it was speculated that MP had Verizon since it would be a BCBS perk. Sorry, don't have a link, just now.

Wondering...does a phone ping even if turned off? How about if the phone is turned on but in an area with no reception?

(Quoting myself because wanted to provide links to substantiate my comment.)

Ahhhh....took me awhile but after going through a lot of posts, I found the posts I remembered having read. :great:

fbx, 06-29-2011, 9:14 AM:

"Gail is not on Verizon."

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6791718&postcount=415"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6[/ame]

Sleuthy1, 06-29-2011, 5:21 PM:

"For those of you who were wondering about GP's cell carrier...~it's SPRINT."

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6800192&postcount=526"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6[/ame]

As far as the second part of my quote goes...even when a cell phone is turned off, if the battery is charged, wouldn't it still be live for all intents and purposes (i.e. to generate pings)? Same for no reception area, would still ping?

You're welcome. I found those videos somewhat disturbing knowing they were filmed about two months after Gail disappeared.. Watching them and just wondering.. How frightened was she IF CC really saw her looking like a "Deer In Headlights" being held against her will that Saturday afternoon/early evening? Where is Gail? Is she in that forest somewhere?

...Sad sad situation for Gail and her two children...JMHO
(snipped for space by me)

Yep...scary indeed! There are so many heavily forested areas around there not to mention water ways and old mines, etc. that it truly is like looking for a needle in a haystack when trying to find a missing person and even a red jeep! And very sad....

Hopefully some of our advanced technology will help locate her sooner rather than later.

All IMO

I knew I should have looked up exact dates before posting! MP was at the Lookouts Game Saturday, April 30th. Friends of ours who saw him there say he was having a blast. Very jovial, visible and engaging.The Lookouts game that was school oriented was not until May 23rd. He was there too, with mom, kids, DN and KN.

BBM.. Imagine that... :banghead::furious: JMHO

So Diane and Kevin went to a game with Matt on May 23. Interesting.

ETA & O/T:

♥♥¸.•*´¨`*•. ¸♥¨`*•.¸♥♥•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Happy Women's Day •.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•♥♥¸.•*´¨`*•. ¸♥¨`*•.¸♥♥

So Diane and Kevin went to a game with Matt on May 23. Interesting.

ETA & O/T:

♥♥¸.•*´¨`*•. ¸♥¨`*•.¸♥♥•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Happy Women's Day •.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•♥♥¸.•*´¨`*•. ¸♥¨`*•.¸♥♥

Confirmation?

Also, another question: do the Palmgrens store their boat and/or trailer anywhere during the winter season? TIA.

Confirmation?

You seem to have intended to quote this post, the one I quoted, rather than mine:

Huh. I'd like to back up a little bit and list the things we know were going on from the 27th to the 30th:

He had just been off with TH buying a car while skipping out on a conference. The conference is thought to be the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy held April 27 to 29. (Link here.) At one point, he called Gail to tell her he was seeing a lawyer; I think this was Tuesday the 27th IIRC.

On the 29th he came home early from the conference. There was the 911 incident where Gail was given the number of a safe place, but decided to go to the lake house with the kids and 2 dogs instead. On the 30th, Gail came back while calling LE and DN asking for help because she was scared. She dropped the kids off and left, somehow alerting MP to the fact the kids were there.

After all that, he was having a ton of fun that very evening.

MP seems to have been at the least irritated with Gail for leaving the kids "alone without supervision." Combine that irritation with the 911 incident the day before, the escalation of a pending divorce, and work stress from skipping out on a conference with the co-worker he was dating, you'd think he would be anything BUT jovial.

Another question: I'm interested in the SM residence and AL residence land lines.

I would hope LE would have checked routers and boxes?
Were they checked prior to Gail's disappearance? When was the last service call out to either residence? TIA if anyone has this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn