TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a good way to spread the word about GP. This huge annual yard sale event attracts thousands of people from other states...as well as the ones participating. Many people will take off work for 600+ mile drive. Twitters?
US 27 yard sale this weekend across 5 states

Posted: Aug 04, 2011 5:39 AM MDT Updated: Aug 04, 2011 5:40 AM MDT
The sale was the brainchild of Mike Walker, the Fentress County, Tenn., Executive in 1987. The route has grown over the years and now begins in the north at Hudson, Mich., running south on U.S. 27 through Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee before switching to the Lookout Mountain Parkway in Chattanooga and continuing to Gadsden, Ala.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15207575/us-27-yard-sale-this-weekend-across-5-states

Would be a good way to pass flyers along....much like a chain if anyone local is going. imo

Interesting.. A California area code but looking for buyers in this area..

Could be someone who has moved to the Chattanooga area but still has their old California-area cell phone number.

What I found strange about this 2010 Rubicon is the tires are listed under Chattanooga and the vehicle is listed under Clarksville but the phone numbers are the same.

What I found strange about this 2010 Rubicon is the tires are listed under Chattanooga and the vehicle is listed under Clarksville but the phone numbers are the same.

According to the White Pages, it's a cell, not a landline. It could be a student who lives in CA but is home in TN over summer break for all we know. I don't personally find the phone number suspicious in the least.

According to the White Pages, it's a cell, not a landline. It could be a student who lives in CA but is home in TN over summer break for all we know. I don't personally find the phone number suspicious in the least.

I understand what you are saying but I found it strange that the vehicle is listed on the Clarksville Craigslist, while the tires and rims are listed under the Chattanooga Craigslist. I didn't find the phone number suspicious at all.

I edited the numbers out from the CL listing just in case the person who owns it doesnt appreciate the appearance of it outside of CL.

I edited the numbers out from the CL listing just in case the person who owns it doesnt appreciate the appearance of it outside of CL.

Thank you believe.. I should have known better than to post the entire number...

I hope I'm not butting in here, but I have a couple of suggestions:

Spending all your time on just one listing is not very time efficient, IMO. With this particular listing, it shows a bumper I don't think Gail's Jeep had, also off road tires and a different paint job. Plus it was listed in June, two months after Gail disappeared, yet still in the same area. (If they had 2 months and took the time to paint the Jeep, wouldn't they drive it somewhere else to sell it? Just my two cents on that.) My personal opinion is that this is just some guy selling his Jeep who has listed it in multiple towns to get more coverage on Craigslist.

That said, it NEVER hurts to check. If you think it's suspicious, you might want to let fireflylink know since she has a specific email set up for reports of vehicles like this. She's working with HCSO if I recall correctly. Then LE can take it from there, and you can move on to the next Jeep in the listings. There's always a few of them out there, especially from dealerships. The Rubicon is a popular Jeep -- frankly, the more listings I see, the more *I* want one.

Just wanted to put that out there. Again, I hope I'm not butting in.

I would like to go back to address some of the questions that were coming up in the previous thread. Mixed in with whatever caused trouble over there, which I did not see, is an issue that I think it important. Credibility of the players. If we are assuming pure motives of people who don’t have them, we’ve got a roadblock we will never get over. I don’t have the answers, but I sure do have a lot of skepticism of people I used to believe were nothing but sincere.

In my opinion, it seems as though people have decided for themselves on who they give credence to, which is completely within their right to do so.

And quite frankly, I think a sort of war has developed between two camps, each trying to prove that they're the "real" and "sincere" ones doing good work while the other camp is interfering with the investigation and screwing everything up.

Maybe I'm the only one who sees this? I don't know. It worries me. Personally, I think it's the underlying, unspoken tension from that tug-of-war between the two camps that we've been feeling here on WS for weeks now.

As for people who aren't sincere or who are causing problems, personally I believe law enforcement surely knows what they're doing. They can weed out the opportunists, cranks, and attention-getters IF there are any. Just my two cents.

Part of the reason the last thread was closed was because this very issue became personal and destructive.

You all can believe whomever you choose based on info that is available. let's move on.

In my opinion, it seems as though people have decided for themselves on who they give credence to, which is completely within their right to do so.

And quite frankly, I think a sort of war has developed between two camps, each trying to prove that they're the "real" and "sincere" ones doing good work while the other camp is interfering with the investigation and screwing everything up.

Maybe I'm the only one who sees this? I don't know. It worries me. Personally, I think it's the underlying, unspoken tension from that tug-of-war between the two camps that we've been feeling here on WS for weeks now.

As for people who aren't sincere or who are causing problems, personally I believe law enforcement surely knows what they're doing. They can weed out the opportunists, cranks, and attention-getters IF there are any. Just my two cents.
Glorias it is not at all unusual for "forum wars" to erupt during emotional cases which is most all of them. There are often more than 2 camps.they may go against each other or sometimes 2 band together and fight one and then those splinter off into groups that war with each other. I have been through some doozies. People get banned start new forums, resurrect the carp and it goes on f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

But we just aren't going to do it here. IT will continue to go on as long as there is public discussion and people have different points of view, but we don't need to perpetuate the issues here.
The hope here is that instead of everyone getting caught up in the arguments, that we all mull over ideas, share information that is free to post and have some discussion. Debates and arguments will happen, that's ok.
But when the camps are more about themselves than about the missing or murdered it is just not a good situation.

We will all never agree on who is or isn't credible it just cannot and will not happen. So rather than chasing our tails about issues that can never be resolved we need to move past it, agree to disagree and find other places to focus energy.

Thanks for letting me springboard off your post, you are right in much of what you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishman