TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will all never agree on who is or isn't credible it just cannot and will not happen.

(snipped by me)

I agree that right now that's true, but I hope it's not always true, because that means we'll never know what happened to Gail! Whether it's because LE has a break in the case, or Gail comes waltzing in the door tomorrow, I have to believe that one day, we'll all be more of the same mind.

In my opinion, it seems as though people have decided for themselves on who they give credence to, which is completely within their right to do so.

And quite frankly, I think a sort of war has developed between two camps, each trying to prove that they're the "real" and "sincere" ones doing good work while the other camp is interfering with the investigation and screwing everything up.

Maybe I'm the only one who sees this? I don't know. It worries me. Personally, I think it's the underlying, unspoken tension from that tug-of-war between the two camps that we've been feeling here on WS for weeks now.

As for people who aren't sincere or who are causing problems, personally I believe law enforcement surely knows what they're doing. They can weed out the opportunists, cranks, and attention-getters IF there are any. Just my two cents.

This is a superb post that gets to the marrow of what most of us seek when sleuthing cases here. And with respect to Gail, I have to hope that, should there be multiple camps, all are still hoping to find Gail.

We hear it so often, and it should never be a rallying cry for passivity, but the fact is that the truth will out. I want to think that every genuine offering here is a step to that goal. The rest will be sorted out of the mix.

What I would actually really like to know is whether or not Gail, her Jeep, AND her cell phone were all in the same place- at the same time- noted as the 'last' ping in earlier threads.

And- where did she last fill up on gas? I asked that awhile ago, but didn't get much response... I think that would be a great location for a poster.

TIA if anyone has an idea about these things.
(snipped by me)

Oriah - There was a post on the Jeep Thread wherein the poster thought they may have seen Gail the morning of 4/30 in or near B'ham, AL. At first, I thought they were saying that they saw Gail at a gas station when they were filling-up, but after re-reading their post, I'm not sure?!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6925676&postcount=51"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6925676&postcount=51[/ame]

Is the Jeep Rubicon stick or automatic? I was reading that the automatic Rubicon's fuel tank holds 22.5 gallons (stick shift, a little smaller tank), if Gail did, in fact, fill-up near B'ham, AL before driving the approx. 157 miles to her home in Signal Mountain, TN, she still would have had plently of fuel left upon arriving home. According to what I read, the 2010 Jeep Rubicon averages about 19 mpg on the highway which means she would have used a little over 8 gallons from B'ham to SM. (That is if she got gas in B'ham...).

I agree, leaving flyers at near-by gas stations would be a good idea, as well as, other local businesses that Gail was likely to visit. May have already been done, though?

Do you know how many cell phone towers are in the vicinity of the last ping? Not sure if this was already covered? I noticed on Google Earth that the SM/Chatt Walmart, Suck Creek, and Mtn Creek Apts are all within close proximity to the last ping. Must be why LE searched Suck Creek...wish they had done a more extensive search of that waterway, etc.

As Always, IMOO!

Respectfully snipped:

<Do you know how many cell phone towers are in the vicinity of the last ping? Not sure if this was already covered? I noticed on Google Earth that the SM/Chatt Walmart, Suck Creek, and Mtn Creek Apts are all within close proximity to the last ping. Must be why LE searched Suck Creek...wish they had done a more extensive search of that waterway, etc.>

Hi Some1- it has been discussed, but let's bring it up again because there has been much debate concerning the pings.
Here is a good resource (with coords):

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Signal-Mountain-Tennessee.html
http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Chattanooga-Tennessee.html

But please note that all towers may not be registered with the FCC... *sigh.*

So Callie Starnes is tweeting...
Authorities to likely complete their search of Matthew Palmgren's properties next week, w/ 2 homes in AL.

Nothing like announcing you're coming in order to give someone a heads-up..JMHO
And three months after the fact to boot... Geez...IMO..Ya think maybe time is on his side?JMHOOTS

LOL-absolutely NOT. :)

believe09, the :beagle: 's come with Frontline, so it would definately be a bad idea to have such talented fleas around them.

And speaking of fleas- does anyone know who the Palmgrens' veterinarian(s) are?

So Callie Starnes is tweeting...
Authorities to likely complete their search of Matthew Palmgren's properties next week, w/ 2 homes in AL.

Nothing like announcing you're coming in order to give someone a heads-up..JMHO
And three months after the fact to boot... Geez...IMO..Ya think maybe time is on his side?JMHOOTS

Em, LE may have had Callie announce this on purpose and they may be just sitting back watching if anyone removes anything from those two properties in the meantime.

Em, LE may have had Callie announce this on purpose and they may be just sitting back watching if anyone removes anything from those two properties in the meantime.

I know what you're saying Snowbunny... but that seems like it would be a really bad idea for LE, should evidence of a crime having been committed become a possibility.

Moo, of course. I just haven't seen a lot of that unless LE is very prepared to make an arrest- such as a sting. But LE doesn't tend to leave that info release up to reporters, kwim? Way too much possibility of contamination.

But the searches of MP's properties are consent searches, so without a warrant they may have HAD to let MP know when they were coming? Otherwise, is it really consensual?

But the searches of MP's properties are consent searches, so without a warrant they may have HAD to let MP know when they were coming? Otherwise, is it really consensual?

You know, this has been bugging me for a little while.

Not all of the properties being searched are Matt's AND Gail's. Is that correct?

The AL home that is in Gail's name only and is vacant... can Matt consent to a search of that property legally, because the Palmgrens are married?

I guess that's a question for a verified attorney.

But I've been on consent property searches before- and it usually has to be with consent of the owner. :waitasec:

Is all property considered joint in TN? I'll have to check this out.

I look at the searches as due diligence on the part of LE. If they didnt have probable cause to obtain a warrant, yet they still need to clear the properties, this is the best they have to work with.

I am sure they are just a frustrated, but they cant NOT search at all. And there is much they could still find, fwiw. Sometimes the things you dont find speak just as loudly as the things you do. JMO.

I look at the searches as due diligence on the part of LE. If they didnt have probable cause to obtain a warrant, yet they still need to clear the properties, this is the best they have to work with.

I am sure they are just a frustrated, but they cant NOT search at all. And there is much they could still find, fwiw. Sometimes the things you dont find speak just as loudly as the things you do. JMO.

I agree, believe09. But you'd have to have an excellent idea of what was there to begin with to determine what is missing, kwim? That said- it sure wouldn't be the first time someone forgot a little detail or two.

Anyhoo- I think I answered my own question about property ownership in TN:

<Tennessee recognizes the following types of ownership: tenancy in common, joint tenancy and tenancy by entirety, but not community property. A grant of ownership of real estate to two or more persons is presumed to create a tenancy in common, unless expressly stated otherwise including a statement of a right of survivorship. Tennessee Code §66-1-102 >

Do we know where MP was on the evening of the 29th and who he may have been with after Gail left for Alabama? Also, do we know where he was on the afternoon/evening of the 30th after he supposedly returned home from his mother's residence? Does anyone have this information? Has it been revealed?

I don't think it's been revealed, Emeralgem. I'd love to know where Matt was on those days, too.

Part of the reason the last thread was closed was because this very issue became personal and destructive.

You all can believe whomever you choose based on info that is available. let's move on.

It appears to me that when I made my post, I stepped into the deep end of the pool without realizing it. As I said in my post, I don't know what all happened the night before, causing the thread to be closed. I haven't been on here as much lately. I see that now as all the more reason I should not have posted.

When this follow-up post from JBean (quoted here) came up, I immediately deleted my post and dropped the subject, and I won't bring it up again. I'm concerned about the perception that I was trying to bring conflict to the thread. That was not my intent.

I really want everything to be okay, not only for Gail, but also between all the people who have worked so hard on this case. I have invested a lot of time in it, and I think many other people on here have done that too. And my guess is that probably is a big contributor to the frustration that seems to have been boiling over. We've worked very hard, and still Gail is missing.

Yes, eventually the various truths will come out, and hopefully we can move toward it without continuing to hurt each other. I really want that.

It appears to me that when I made my post, I stepped into the deep end of the pool without realizing it. As I said in my post, I don't know what all happened the night before, causing the thread to be closed. I haven't been on here as much lately. I see that now as all the more reason I should not have posted.

When this follow-up post from JBean (quoted here) came up, I immediately deleted my post and dropped the subject, and I won't bring it up again. I'm concerned about the perception that I was trying to bring conflict to the thread. That was not my intent.

I really want everything to be okay, not only for Gail, but also between all the people who have worked so hard on this case. I have invested a lot of time in it, and I think many other people on here have done that too. And my guess is that probably is a big contributor to the frustration that seems to have been boiling over. We've worked very hard, and still Gail is missing.

Yes, eventually the various truths will come out, and hopefully we can move toward it without continuing to hurt each other. I really want that.

Thank you... I appreciate your concerns and your hope for unity concerning ALL in our quest to find out what has really happened to Gail...JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member