TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
(This is what I get for posting without enough coffee on board :loser:)

Now that I have completely derailed the thread....I thought the discussion was about REVERSE SPEECH. I am leaving my post up so that we dont lose the last couple of hours.

I am so sorry!!!! blush, blush, blush.

Other than Gail's location, the information I want the most is whether or not LE has ping info from the jeep.

I hope LE does as well, believe09.

I know it's been in media that there's been no luck in the way of tracing pings from the jeep- but I just don't see how that is a possibility. Imvho, way too many options to zero in on devices and/or pre or post installed factory 'ping-able' features.

And that leads me to think that Gail's phone is in a separate location than the jeep.

Thanks for having a sense of humor about it...

I know it's been in media that there's been no luck in the way of tracing pings from the jeep- but I just don't see how that is a possibility. Imvho, way too many options to zero in on devices and/or pre or post installed factory 'ping-able' features.

And that leads me to think that Gail's phone is in a separate location than the jeep.

Oriah, I don't remember it being reported that LE couldn't trace the pings from the Jeep. Do you remember where you saw that?

Looking more into the cell phone pings, 20 miles would seem to be the very, very outer limits of range that a tall tower in a rural area would be able to provide. If there were no other towers around to triangulate from then it would be more difficult to narrow the signal to anything less than the radius that particular tower is capable of. There appear to be three Verizon towers close to Gail (I think it was said she had Verizon?) One between SM and Red Bank, one north of Jasper, and one north of Whitwell. So they may have been able to triangulate that call from her phone and get a more accurate location.

I'm trying to find the MSM article that said her phone pinged near Wal-mart, but I haven't found it yet. Because, although I'm not local, I agree that it doesn't seem like "near Wal-Mart" and "North face of mountain" would be talking about the same area.

So....wondering if her phone pinged off the tower near Wal-Mart, but the triangulated location was closer to the north face of the mountain? I need to look into all of this further...just throwing this out there for some food for thought....

Right now I can't even figure out where the last ping was registered... Some are saying the north base of the mountain, describing the area as being the Suck Creek Road, Signal Mtn Blvd, Mountain Creek Road area near Walmart and I'm thinking the north base would be in the complete opposite direction traveling north or north west toward Sequatchie County... ...
All I know for certain is the last ping was on May 2nd or am I wrong concerning that information? JMHO

ETA... Sorry about error in directions... Traveling over to Sequatchie would be North West...not North East.

Oriah, I don't remember it being reported that LE couldn't trace the pings from the Jeep. Do you remember where you saw that?

I don't... but I'll dig and see if I can find it.

Looking more into the cell phone pings, 20 miles would seem to be the very, very outer limits of range that a tall tower in a rural area would be able to provide. If there were no other towers around to triangulate from then it would be more difficult to narrow the signal to anything less than the radius that particular tower is capable of. There appear to be three Verizon towers close to Gail (I think it was said she had Verizon?) One between SM and Red Bank, one north of Jasper, and one north of Whitwell. So they may have been able to triangulate that call from her phone and get a more accurate location.

I'm trying to find the MSM article that said her phone pinged near Wal-mart, but I haven't found it yet. Because, although I'm not local, I agree that it doesn't seem like "near Wal-Mart" and "North face of mountain" would be talking about the same area.

So....wondering if her phone pinged off the tower near Wal-Mart, but the triangulated location was closer to the north face of the mountain? I need to look into all of this further...just throwing this out there for some food for thought....

I don't think there was a news article about pings at Walmart. I have 2 articles - one says north base of the mountain, and the other says Mountain Creek Rd.

Missing woman search continues for Gail Palmgren
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/?news
Times Free Press – Tuesday, May 17th, 2011

Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2, the same day the missing person’s report was filed, Nichols said.

Searchers comb Signal for missing woman
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/23/searchers-comb-signal-missing-woman/?news
Times Free Press – published Monday, May 23rd, 2011

The last signal from Palmgren’s cell phone was reported near Mountain Creek Road two days after she went missing.

ETA: To make it further confusing, here's a map where I've marked Signal Mountain and Mountain Creek Rd. Mountain Creek Rd runs east of the mountain.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Signal+Mountain,+TN&daddr=Mountain+Creek+Rd,+Chattanooga,+TN&hl=en&sll=35.124682,-85.326347&sspn=0.154723,0.338173&geocode=FY3tFwIdl8Hp-inr5LkR5PVgiDFth-_8eyDW6g%3BFQoQGAIdukrq-in75JzsfPVgiDE4n82yt0X4Ow&mra=ls&t=h&z=14"]Signal Mountain, TN to Mountain Creek Rd, Chattanooga, TN - Google Maps[/ame]

Personally, I think the Mountain Creek Rd references are speculatory, trying to tie Gail's last ping to Matt's mother's apartment, since he's been said to have been running errands with his mother that morning.

I don't know where the Wal-mart reference would come from, because pings are from towers, and don't pinpoint a specific location like a Wal-mart.

We don't know for sure even if she had Sprint or Verizon. Both have been stated.

Because of all the confusion, it seems to me that no one actually has the location of the tower Gail's phone last pinged from, and that tower would be starting point.

I don't think there was a news article about pings at Walmart. I have 2 articles - one says north base of the mountain, and the other says Mountain Creek Rd.

Missing woman search continues for Gail Palmgren
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/?news
Times Free Press – Tuesday, May 17th, 2011

Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2, the same day the missing person’s report was filed, Nichols said.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/23/searchers-comb-signal-missing-woman/?news

The last signal from Palmgren’s cell phone was reported near Mountain Creek Road two days after she went missing.

Well, that's still odd....Mountain Creek Road is very close to the Wal-Mart on the south end of the road...however, it's a looong road, so other spots on the road would never be described as near Wal-Mart. But looking at a map, no part of Mountain Creek road would be described as the "north base of the mountain" either, correct? Any of our locals - what road might I be driving on if I was on the "north base" of the mountain?

Well, that's still odd....Mountain Creek Road is very close to the Wal-Mart on the south end of the road...however, it's a looong road, so other spots on the road would never be described as near Wal-Mart. But looking at a map, no part of Mountain Creek road would be described as the "north base of the mountain" either, correct? Any of our locals - what road might I be driving on if I was on the "north base" of the mountain?

Exactly. I think what Diane said, about the north base of the mountain, is most likely a tower location, and I'm betting she got that location from LE.

Oriah had posted links to where you can look up both Sprint and Verizon towers. So, you can find a tower that would be likely, and then you can figure a 20 mile radius on a map, or Oriah's link also shows the coverage area.

Personally, I think the Mountain Creek Rd references are speculatory, trying to tie Gail's last ping to Matt's mother's apartment, since he's been said to have been running errands with his mother that morning.

Because of all the confusion, it seems to me that no one actually has the location of the tower Gail's phone last pinged from, and that tower would be starting point.

(snipped by me)

I don't read the article as speculating based on people wanting to tie this to MP??? JMPO. I do believe LE knows the tower location, and if DN says "north base" I'm assuming she could only have gotten that info from LE? Where that leaves us though, I agree, I don't know until we can figure out roughly what is considered the "north base".

(snipped by me)

I don't read the article as speculating based on people wanting to tie this to MP??? JMPO. I do believe LE knows the tower location, and if DN says "north base" I'm assuming she could only have gotten that info from LE? Where that leaves us though, I agree, I don't know until we can figure out roughly what is considered the "north base".

No, I mean that I think perhaps someone speculating gave that info to the reporter, and the reporter went with it. And that, of course, is my speculation lol.

Okay, we were typing at the same time, LOL...great minds think alike!

The cell reception.com site is where I was able to look at only verizon towers. I just now see I didn't remember to link that. Because in this specific case there are several towers within a 20 mile radius I think LE has a more accurate location than anywhere in 20 miles because they can triangulate. I'll go back and grab the verizon link again, and also one for Sprint, just to make sure the same is true for Sprint.

What are our sources for Verizon vs Sprint?

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=chattanooga&state_abr=tn

Looking at this map, you can use the checkboxes to isolate only Verizon towers or only Sprint towers.

Most of the Sprint towers are in Chattanooga. There is one near Suck Creek, NW of the mountain, it looks like. Even though the other Sprint towers seem farther could you triangulate? I think so, but who knows?

We need BondJamesBond or JWG on this. IIRC, both are quite good with cell pings.

So I see that under the Gail Palmgren Timeline and Media Links, ForumsforJustice has the ping on May 2 as coming from Wal-Mart area at 5:00. (This post was on 5/15/01). Also, SMM's blog has the same info (blog post was on 5/16/01). Not sure if they got this info separately from each other, and if so where from?

I would think Big Fork Road located in Sequatchie County, not the section of Big Fork Road located close to Suck Creek Road or in Marion County would/could be considered North base of the Mtn. JMHO..

So I see that under the Gail Palmgren Timeline and Media Links, ForumsforJustice has the ping on May 2 as coming from Wal-Mart area at 5:00. (This post was on 5/15/01). Also, SMM's blog has the same info (blog post was on 5/16/01). Not sure if they got this info separately from each other, and if so where from?

I think the Walmart info came from thread #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Contrary Marge