TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you BeanE! JBean, post #6, thread #1:

I am told that the last they were able to track her cell phone was at the Walmart at the base of Signal Mountain on Monday. Phone has not been on since then.
She did not have credit cards or her drivers license with her.

I'm going out on a limb to state that JBean's info came from a source close to the case, and not MSM.

JBean - if that is the case, can you confirm with your source whether or not that information is still thought to be accurate?

I am told that the last they were able to track her cell phone was at the Walmart at the base of Signal Mountain on Monday. Phone has not been on since then.

I'm going out on a limb to state that JBean's info came from a source close to the case, and not MSM.

JBean - if that is the case, can you confirm with your source whether or not that information is still thought to be accurate?

Walmart is definitely located at the base of Signal Mtn but not the north base so where did the north base information originate? JMHO

Posting for reference:

05-10-2011, 02:37 PM believe09

Originally Posted by jd3223
I saw that JBean posted the phone ping but where did that info come from? There was no link to a reference.

I gave her the info JD-you will just have to take my word for it I am afraid. You are free to question the validity of it for sure, but it is in fact true and it would be a good way of drawing anyone who might have seen her or her phone.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6459178&postcount=60"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1[/ame]

05-15-2011, 10:55 AM believe09

Trying to catch up-just a ping, not a location and not a call. The tower near the Walmart was the tower that caught the ping.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6489623&highlight=walmart#post6489623

Walmart is definitely located at the base of Signal Mtn but not the north base so where did the north base information originate? JMHO

From the possible sighting and confusion over how 'pings' work, I believe.

From the possible sighting and confusion over how 'pings' work, I believe.

I don't know, Oriah. Diane said LE based it on the phone:

Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain

And that article came out a month before the sighting, if you're referring to the sightings on Big Fork/Insurance Bluff, which I believe were on the west side of the mountain.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Big+Fork+Road,+Chattanooga,+TN&hl=en&ll=35.11036,-85.249786&spn=0.3095,0.676346&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.281301,86.572266&t=h&z=11"]Big Fork Road, Chattanooga, TN - Google Maps[/ame]

Just drove back from my friend's place on the river which is 9 miles down River Canyon Road which is off Suck Creek Road. Passed TWO Rubicons, the maroon crimson color with black fenders and black soft top, on my way back. Highly unusual & very strange.

I passed the first one about 5 miles down River Canyon. The wheel cover said JEEP. The second one was about 3 miles down Suck Creek and it didn't have a wheel cover.

I would imagine if someone else has GP's Jeep, (or even if she does) the easily identifiable wheel cover, tag and trailer hitch would have been switched out. (I wasn't able to look for tag or hitch from the rear view anyway)

Also, not to digress, but what is that "reverse" speech thing? Just curious.

One more question...Didn't someone from GPs family verify that she actually used Verizon and not Sprint?

Excellent point about the wheel cover and trailer hitch of course. All we can hope then is that they get stopped and the registration causes a hit, or a service record with the VIN??

So Believe, are my sightings something I need to tell anyone in particular? It was likely nothing...just odd.

I guess I just have a hard time believing that if that Jeep is on the road anywhere, it would be in the Signal Mountain/Chattanooga area. If anyone was stopped with Gail's Jeep they would have a LOT of explaining to do. And if Gail is trying to hide out anywhere, driving around in the Jeep everyone is looking for right through that area would not be the best way JMHO.

When you get a ticket for parking, speeding, etc. do they note the VIN and the plate or just the plate? I seem to think when I got a parking ticket they noted my VIN as well but can't say I remember that 100% for sure...

I don't know, Oriah. Diane said LE based it on the phone:

Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain

And that article came out a month before the sighting, if you're referring to the sightings on Big Fork/Insurance Bluff, which I believe were on the west side of the mountain.

Big Fork Road, Chattanooga, TN - Google Maps

I was referring to the confusion about pings, and how they work.
Maybe it would be helpful to use tower numers?

I believe the 'north base' of SM is the Taft Hwy route? :waitasec:

I'm going back to my Spirograph of coordinates on towers. :banghead:

I was referring to the confusion about pings, and how they work.
Maybe it would be helpful to use tower numers?

I believe the 'north base' of SM is the Taft Hwy route? :waitasec:

I'm going back to my Spirograph of coordinates on towers. :banghead:

I just returned home from traveling 127-N on Taft Hwy and the Big Fork Road entrance in Sequatchie County is definitely what I would refer to as being north base of the mtn......JMHO

http://mapq.st/qlHyIf

BeanE: I looked for a map of Insurance Bluff before and couldn't find one. Also, I think there is another Insurance Bluff somewhere else in Tennessee, in another county. So you have to be sure the one you find is in the Hamilton/Sequatchie/Marion County areas.

My two cents about the phone pings :twocents:

I agree with Emeraldgem that the "north face" wouldn't be anywhere along Mountain Creek, but on the other side of the mountain (the Insurance Bluff/Sequatchie side). I wrote that once and got smacked down by someone so I hate to even post it again, but to me the highway going down through Prentice-Cooper would be the North Face.

But this might be a case of mind-over-words :crazy: and they were envisioning the mountain differently than we think. Whoever said that might be thinking that the ping came somewhere along the bluff "north" of Signal Mountain. In that case, we might consider that the W-Road that goes down the face is north of the Wal Mart and Suck Creek Road, and Roberts Mill Road comes down further north than that. Those roads are north of Signal and come down the bluff, therefore "north bluff."

Really it's just sloppy description by whomever said it. The mountain exists at an angle to the river, with Signal Point at the southerly end, and extending to the northeast like every other mountain in East Tennessee. They should have talked about the Red Bank side of the Mountain or the Prentice Cooper side of the mountain. Then we wouldn't still be discussing this.

However, I disagree that they can't pinpoint the towers. They should surely be able to tell whether she was near the river or up on the mountain - those towers wouldn't cover the same territory. The ones in the valley wouldn't cover the mountain, for instance. And the mountain can interfere with the signals also and block signals in certain places, so if one tower lost it and another picked it up, they could extrapolate the phone's position from that.

PSA-
Sorry I am just not around much folks.
As for names,initials,etc. Feel free to use initials or first name and last initial.

Originally, the concept of using initials was for abbreviation and also to keep names of those not named in the media out of the search engines. IOW, if we knew that someone like Arlene D or Susie B had information but there was nothing in the MSM about it we would not want to be the source of search hits for peripheral players.
But once the person either steps forward, is quoted by name ,speaks to the msm, files court documents or creates a vehicle for their name to be spelled out in the msm, we do not require initials anymore.

But since some very complex cases have tentacles reaching out to involve many players, it can be very difficult to know who has been named in the msm and who hasn't; so we usually make it easier by requiring initials for everyone.

For this case, we have had some backlash for allowing full names, even though we are well within our rights to do so. But, in our constant effort to be a place of safety and help, let's just use first names and initials or initials. As always the victim can be named in full.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Thank you, Em. Can you or can anyone put on a map where Insurance Bluff is? I can't find it where it's located.

TIA

I don't know where Insurance Bluff is and can't locate it on a map either...Someone one else may know...
Here are three videos taken on July 4, 2011 that show travel on Big Fork Road and in Prentice Cooper..This will give you some idea as to what the roads and trails are like up in Prentice Cooper ... I won't be traveling those roads in my Infiniti..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ69ieBSD18"]‪Xterra in Big Fork and Prentice Cooper part 1 of 3‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QszLP6IKzw&feature=related"]‪Xterra in Big Fork and Prentice Cooper Part 2 of 3‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDzRMF0JTdg&feature=related"]‪Xterrra in Big Fork and Prentice Cooper Part 3 of 3‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know where Insurance Bluff is and can't locate it on a map either...Someone one else may know...
Here are three videos taken on July 4, 2011 that show travel on Big Fork Road and in Prentice Cooper..This will give you some idea as to what the roads and trails are like up in Prentice Cooper ... I won't be traveling those roads in my Infiniti..

Thanks, Em. I found some videos a while back, so I know what the roads are like in that area. I even found some close up pics of Insurance Bluff.

The problem I always have is figuring out exactly where things are on a map, and envisioning where everything is. I'm just terrible at it. If I haven't been there, it just takes a long time for it all to sink in lol.

Em, Could you give us your perception of the N,S,W & E points of "Signal Mountain." Thanks. It may help with a mental picture for us non locals.

I have always believed that she went north IF she left on her own...tossing the phone. Rte 127 goes all the way to Lexington for a back road and then she would just make a left on 64 to Louisville. If heading for New England...she could continue on to Ohio and pick up the turnpike heading east. IMO

Em, Could you give us your perception of the N,S,W & E points of "Signal Mountain." Thanks. It may help with a mental picture for us non locals.

I have always believed that she went north IF she left on her own...tossing the phone. Rte 127 goes all the way to Lexington for a back road and then she would just make a left on 64 to Louisville. If heading for New England...she could continue on to Ohio and pick up the turnpike heading east. IMO

Hope these two maps help..

http://www.tennessee-mapsite.com/us_tn_signal_mountain_oa.html

http://www.americantowns.com/tn/signalmountain-maps

Just want to expand on the reasoning for believing she went north...if "ok" figuratively speaking. IF GP was getting more paranoid by the minute or had a mental break of some kind...she may have even doubted AD's sincerity...and headed for family or other friends for a soft place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz