TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, WOW.... this girl has not even been missing for 24 hours...

There is a vigil at the 12 hour mark.

The number of people who have changed their profile pictures to her missing poster (not even counting just her picture, which a lot have also done but is more difficult to see) is amazing.

I counted 35 people just in letters A through C alone!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1494882246&sk=friends&v=friends

That is amazing as far as support goes for this young lady!

They are going to do searches tomorrow and it sounds well coordinated... with the church having people bring water and other things.

I haven't read every article about this, so I don't know who has been named and who hasn't. So I won't name any names. But, what I've gathered tonight...

Holly's boyfriend (since August 2010 according to relationship status on facebook) has a couple of pictures of himself and Holly but doesn't post much. He is VERY much an outdoors type person and has lots of pictures of that. Hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling, dirt biking... etc.

Her brother appears to also be rather into the outdoors. Holly's boyfriend added him as a friend before he added Holly as his relationship. So maybe he met her through her brother?

I do not see anything "questionable." Drugs, drinking, dark, depressing, etc. I didn't really search, but nothing stood out to me on any of the friends I looked at.

Jenni Lynn Watson keeps coming to mind. Such young, beautiful girls... and their boyfriends look so young too. Makes me feel old and I'm barely 5 years older. :innocent:

I live in a wooded area and there are all kinds of yayhoos that come out of nowhere. They build little shacks in the woods and live in them! It's nuts. That is why I have big, loud, anti-social dogs. I really hope they can search every part of those woods with dogs and she comes home safely! I think seeing guys in camo on and off 4 wheelers is probably pretty common there maybe? She looks like such a sweetie and my prayers go out to her!

Her house is in such a wooded area, I wonder how they would have even found her house to begin with? unless they were familiar with the layout.

This is like Venus Stewart, except with a witness seeing the abduction.

That is just weird. How often does someone kidnap a young woman, with witnesses?

(I am not suggesting they are connected, they are 15+ hours apart and totally different profiles. I am just noting how odd it is.)

Nadira Ruffin, 19 - March 26, 2011 - Abducted during a home invasion

Thank You :) I was looking for Natlie's thread last night because I thought that was weird too.... plus we have one in Baltimore!

Just to add my 2cents.. A couple of questions and a comment

1.) What is the detailed description of the Camo Abductor?
2.)Unless he was a local SO, he would of have to had a car otherwise, what he was planning was to dump the body quickly and then flee.. I don't see taking the risk "fleeing" while dragging someone. (What are the odds that the Camo Abductor was going to wait in hiding outside her house unnoticed?, Abduct her unnoticed?, and that none of the witnesses would give chase? A lot of risks there..)

Lastly this quote..

"Bud Grimes, a spokesman for the University of Tennessee at Martin, said Bobo was studying to be a licensed practical nurse through the Tennessee Technology Center. She was taking classes at the university's extension campus in Parsons, but was not a UT-Martin student"

I hope LE is looking into the Tech class on the Parsons campus for possible strange interactions with classmates (I wonder what her class schedule is or routine..)

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17842784

Just to add my 2cents.. A couple of questions and a comment

1.) What is the detailed description of the Camo Abductor?
2.)Unless he was a local SO, he would of have to had a car otherwise, what he was planning was to dump the body quickly and then flee.. I don't see taking the risk "fleeing" while dragging someone. (What are the odds that the Camo Abductor was going to wait in hiding outside her house unnoticed?, Abduct her unnoticed?, and that none of the witnesses would give chase? A lot of risks there..)

Lastly this quote..

"Bud Grimes, a spokesman for the University of Tennessee at Martin, said Bobo was studying to be a licensed practical nurse through the Tennessee Technology Center. She was taking classes at the university's extension campus in Parsons, but was not a UT-Martin student"

I hope LE is looking into the Tech class on the Parsons campus for possible strange interactions with classmates (I wonder what her class schedule is or routine..)

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17842784

There is no detailed description except that he was a white male dressed in camo. That's all they have.

The brother was in the shower and heard her scream when he shut the water off.... ran out in a towel just in time to see her across the field being drug into the woods. He grabbed his pants, cell phone and a gun and called for help as he ran to the woods. He did not see them at the edge of the woods and stopped there waiting on the cops. Needless to say he is extremely distraught over all of this.

This was posted by someone near Holly's town. This makes more sense than what we were hearing earlier. I don't think there is a 4-wheeler involved, from what I'm reading elsewhere; that was apparently a rumor.

I live about an hour from this town, and wanted to let you know that people dressed in camo everyday is very very common. Even the girls dress in camo frequently. The schools are filled with kids dressed in camo. So that is not unusual at all; nor does it mean anything significant in this situation. Hunting, camo, 4 wheelers, woods, mud, etc. is a part of the culture.

Ok so this may put a new spin on this all or maybe not:..............................................................................................................

Country music star Whitney Duncan's cousin 'abducted by man....

A 20-year-old nursing student who was dragged from her home by a man in camouflage may have been abducted in a home invasion, it was revealed today.

Terrified Holly Bobo, from West Tennessee, was dragged across the carport from her family home towards a wooded area on Wednesday morning.
She is the cousin of country music star Whitney Duncan. Miss Duncan, 26, last night made an appeal for fans to pray for Holly's safe return.
'My cousin Holly was kidnapped this morning,' she wrote on Facebook. 'Please pray for her & our family. This is really sad & shocking.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Holly-Bobo-abducted-home.html#ixzz1JVHFCxhn

The brother was in the shower and heard her scream when he shut the water off.... ran out in a towel just in time to see her across the field being drug into the woods. He grabbed his pants, cell phone and a gun and called for help as he ran to the woods. He did not see them at the edge of the woods and stopped there waiting on the cops. Needless to say he is extremely distraught over all of this.

This was posted by someone near Holly's town. This makes more sense than what we were hearing earlier. I don't think there is a 4-wheeler involved, from what I'm reading elsewhere; that was apparently a rumor.

I live about an hour from this town, and wanted to let you know that people dressed in camo everyday is very very common. Even the girls dress in camo frequently. The schools are filled with kids dressed in camo. So that is not unusual at all; nor does it mean anything significant in this situation. Hunting, camo, 4 wheelers, woods, mud, etc. is a part of the culture.

Link?

I don't think this is going to end well :( esp. since they don't have a very good description of the perp and the fact that people supposedly dress in camo in this community on a regular basis.

This is so frightening. What a lovely young lady. I hope they are able to find her.....

Just now catching up on this case. Seems like LE does not have a lot to go on so far. I have to wonder how close together the homes are on this street where she lives. Could someone who lives right there in the neighborhood have hidden out and somehow circled around and taken her inside their home nearby? She could now be in a house right there closeby. Wonder if the search dogs have gotten any scents. Is the brother the only person who was in the home at the time of this possible kidnapping? I think it has already been mentioned, but let's hope students and faculty at the school where she was studying have been/or are being interviewed to see if anyone stands out in their recent interactions with Holly. All MOO.

Just now catching up on this case. Seems like LE does not have a lot to go on so far. I have to wonder how close together the homes are on this street where she lives. Could someone who lives right there in the neighborhood have hidden out and somehow circled around and taken her inside their home nearby? She could now be in a house right there closeby. Wonder if the search dogs have gotten any scents. Is the brother the only person who was in the home at the time of this possible kidnapping? I think it has already been mentioned, but let's hope students and faculty at the school where she was studying have been/or are being interviewed to see if anyone stands out in their recent interactions with Holly. All MOO.

The place she lives at is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by woods.

Questions:
How long did it take LE to arrive after they were called?

Why hasn't she been found, if they were out there right away?

Did the abductor have a car stashed near the woods for a quick getaway?

Did they live out in the country or did they live in a suburban area?

Have I just gotten too suspicious of everyone after being around so much......
because I had a thought that; what if the brother did something to his sister?
I know. I am off base, but it did occur to me.
JMO

I'd like to know that as well;

Her house is literally surround by hundreds of woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cellarman