TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nydailynews.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=130769&start=0&tstart=0

Read the comments. I really need to hear what the brother has to say about what he saw and why he didn't pursue. I am having some trouble understanding how a person could get very far in the woods while dragging someone unless they had a vehicle waiting. It would have to have been an ATV and it you would be able to hear it driving away. Tennessee got some big rain Monday and the week before. It would still be wet in the woods I would think or at least moist enough for tracks from a vehicle.

First I have seen on a description of the abductor.
http://topnews456.blogspot.com/2011/04/abduction.html

"her abductor, described as 5-10 to 6 feet tall and around 200 pounds."

I know that I'm asking for a LOT, but has anyone heard/seen WHERE in the woods the guy was headed....like in which direction? I'm wondering if we can map it out and figure out if there is a river, road, or some other quick getaway route on the other side of those woods.

This is such an odd kidnapping. The liklihood of it being completely random is nill. I think this person knows Holly personally/professionally and specifically went there to kidnap her. It's incredibly shocking that this would be attempted at 7:30 in the morning, at her own home, while other family members were present. What is with all of these absolutely brazen kidnappings lately?? Very terrifying.

Read the comments. I really need to hear what the brother has to say about what he saw and why he didn't pursue. I am having some trouble understanding how a person could get very far in the woods while dragging someone unless they had a vehicle waiting. It would have to have been an ATV and it you would be able to hear it driving away. Tennessee got some big rain Monday and the week before. It would still be wet in the woods I would think or at least moist enough for tracks from a vehicle.

I also doubt they could get very far in an ATV in those woods. I'm thinking maybe it was not an ATV but possible a car or van etc that was waiting.

Plus, I don't know how far someone could travel on foot with another person in the woods.

I know that I'm asking for a LOT, but has anyone heard/seen WHERE in the woods the guy was headed....like in which direction? I'm wondering if we can map it out and figure out if there is a river, road, or some other quick getaway route on the other side of those woods.

This is such an odd kidnapping. The liklihood of it being completely random is nill. I think this person knows Holly personally/professionally and specifically went there to kidnap her. It's incredibly shocking that this would be attempted at 7:30 in the morning, at her own home, while other family members were present. What is with all of these absolutely brazen kidnappings lately?? Very terrifying.

No, only that they were headed into the woods. Her house is in a very rural area surrounded by woods so she could be anywhere.

I'm thinking that the perp(s) possibly had a vehicle waiting somewhere. I just don't understand why they have not found her yet. esp. since they were traveling on foot.

Have dogs been used?? Have they picked up any scent?

I think-after looking at the map-there is no way the kidnapper travelled all the way there on foot unless he's a neighbor. I think the vehicle was stashed somewhere.....close enough for him to drag her to it and leave the area before LE made it to the scene.

I have some questions about that as well. It was stated earlier on here that by the time he grabbed his gun and got outside and to the edge of the woods, he could not see them so he waited on LE. Seems like he would be able to 'hear' them. Unless she was dead weight (as in knocked out, tied up, drugged - and it doesn't sound like the perp had time to do that), she would be putting up a fight, trying to scream, etc. And if on an ATV, you can hear those things quite some distance. I grew up in areas like this with ATVs, etc, and I'm just trying to wrap my head around the whole scenario that transpired.

Definitely some talk amongst her friends regarding what was found in the woods last night. I would love to post a link but it's on FB?! Anyone else hearing anything about what, if anything, was found on a search of the woods?

Thanks for posting the links to maps and photos Hollye. There sure is a disturbing amount of water hear her home; looks like the main road that passes the house is most logical place for a car. Wonder if anyone (maybe heading to work or home in the early hours) noticed a parked car Wed morning?

Definitely some talk amongst her friends regarding what was found in the woods last night. I would love to post a link but it's on FB?! Anyone else hearing anything about what, if anything, was found on a search of the woods?

What time were the posts and the initials of the posters?

Supposedly, they found a Cell Phone and a Knife.

I think-after looking at the map-there is no way the kidnapper travelled all the way there on foot unless he's a neighbor. I think the vehicle was stashed somewhere.....close enough for him to drag her to it and leave the area before LE made it to the scene.

Yes, Dogs have been used; I have not heard if they picked up any scent or not.

I have some questions about that as well. It was stated earlier on here that by the time he grabbed his gun and got outside and to the edge of the woods, he could not see them so he waited on LE. Seems like he would be able to 'hear' them. Unless she was dead weight (as in knocked out, tied up, drugged - and it doesn't sound like the perp had time to do that), she would be putting up a fight, trying to scream, etc. And if on an ATV, you can hear those things quite some distance. I grew up in areas like this with ATVs, etc, and I'm just trying to wrap my head around the whole scenario that transpired.

I agree whole heartedly. I live in the country and you can hear everything for miles - ATV, car, chainsaw, person hammering, music, dogs barking - and I can tell which direction even if I don't know exactly where it is coming from.

Exactly what I saw posted on FB, minus a few details! Thank you!!

That's what I'm Thinking, they took a short cut through the woods and then into a vehicle & the perp left before LE could get there or anybody could see them drive off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucasmiller