Identified! TN - Knoxville, WhtFem UP15118, 55-65, star patterned scarf, Feb'16 - Brenda Kaye Baker-Germann

First 2 are those of Brenda, the last one is that of a missing person previously suggested as a match

oh cause the last one is in the very first post of this thread behind the 'spoiler' tag
and oops I didn't actually read that post but I see now where they explained they thought it might be a match

thanks

In an article posted on this post it said “On February 22, 2016, officers were called to the scene behind the building on Cooper Street near West Fifth Avenue. A spokesperson for the police department said it was apparent that the remains had been there for up to a year or longer based on the amount of decomposition.”

If the body was behind a building (or buildings) how was the decomposition not smelled? Unless nobody ever went back there… but I think somebody would have had to smell something… especially if the body was there for a year and over the summer. Just so sad.

I haven’t seen it confirmed but it was previously speculated… was she homeless?

In an article posted on this post it said “On February 22, 2016, officers were called to the scene behind the building on Cooper Street near West Fifth Avenue. A spokesperson for the police department said it was apparent that the remains had been there for up to a year or longer based on the amount of decomposition.”

If the body was behind a building (or buildings) how was the decomposition not smelled? Unless nobody ever went back there… but I think somebody would have had to smell something… especially if the body was there for a year and over the summer. Just so sad.

I haven’t seen it confirmed but it was previously speculated… was she homeless?
There's a historic cemetery very close to the intersection of Cooper and West Fifth. If the building she was found behind was Fiber Tech, her body would have been on the boundary of the cemetery. Anyone who smelled anything - and she was wrapped in layers of plastic according to the first news report - might have attributed the smell to the cemetery.

There's a historic cemetery very close to the intersection of Cooper and West Fifth. If the building she was found behind was Fiber Tech, her body would have been on the boundary of the cemetery. Anyone who smelled anything - and she was wrapped in layers of plastic according to the first news report - might have attributed the smell to the cemetery.
So from what I believe is she had to have been recently dumped before she was discovered because I’m sure if she was there for longer than a year some animal would have smelled the body way before decomposition and would have tried ripping the plastic off of her. I don’t know for certain but it’s strange that they think she was there the whole time. Let’s be honest she was probably hidden before hand and finally was dumped there. Btw this was my biological aunt.

Hi @fawna,

I'm so sorry about your aunt.

One of the things we do on Websleuths is to verify family members. This way, Websleuths members know they are discussing the case with the actual family member and not someone pretending to be in the family.

If you would like to become a verified family member in your this case please email wsverify@yahoo.com and include the case name and who you are and ask to be verified.

You can read more about why we do this at Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Thank you,

Knitty,

Last edited:
So from what I believe is she had to have been recently dumped before she was discovered because I’m sure if she was there for longer than a year some animal would have smelled the body way before decomposition and would have tried ripping the plastic off of her. I don’t know for certain but it’s strange that they think she was there the whole time. Let’s be honest she was probably hidden before hand and finally was dumped there. Btw this was my biological aunt.
I am so very sorry. I think you're right about the recent dumping, although there have been bodies dumped in urban settings that even without having been wrapped have sat undisturbed for months, even decades. Sometimes wildlife will stay clear of industrial areas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224
Back