TN TN - Lori Sibrell, 15, Franklin, 5 Nov 1978

But Lori was born in 1963, not 1962. This is the information provided directly from Lori's brother Bart to another websleuths member on this thread. This is what was posted in a previous post:

Name: Lori Lynn Sibrel
DOB: June 23, 1963
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 130 Lbs.
Hair: BROWN
Dentals: AVAILABLE*
Additional personal items: House Keys

Bart's father's name was Donald Winfield Sibrel and his mother's name was Sylvia Claire Sibrel, so the names of the parents match up with those mentioned in the newspaper birth announcement from June 1963.

I can't find info on the other daughter born in 1960. I don't know if this other daughter is living or deceased. I know she couldn't be Lori.
Ah yes sorry, you're correct, sorry. I went back to the very first post in this thread to look at her vitals and they have her as 1962. I wonder if we can get that corrected somehow?

But Lori was born in 1963, not 1962. This is the information provided directly from Lori's brother Bart to another websleuths member on this thread. This is what was posted in a previous post:

Name: Lori Lynn Sibrel
DOB: June 23, 1963
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 130 Lbs.
Hair: BROWN
Dentals: AVAILABLE*
Additional personal items: House Keys

Bart's father's name was Donald Winfield Sibrel and his mother's name was Sylvia Claire Sibrel, so the names of the parents match up with those mentioned in the newspaper birth announcement from June 1963.

I can't find info on the other daughter born in 1960. I don't know if this other daughter is living or deceased. I know she couldn't be Lori.
Ah yes sorry, you're correct, sorry. I went back to the very first post in this thread to look at her vitals and they have her as 1962. I wonder if we can get that corrected somehow?

Yes, I wonder what the process would be to submit the corrections to Namus.

Definite possibility. If Lori is not already a rule out on the UIDs case then she should be submitted. Did you already submit her?

Not yet. @folieadeuxnola found this unidentified case. It hasn't been submitted to Namus yet. Folie is getting this added and all the other information together at the New Year.

Lori has been missing for 42 years today.
Hi, I just came across this site and post after doing a google search on Lori Sibrel. Lori had an older sister in addition to her brother Bart. Her name was Mary and I went to school with her at the University of Tennessee in either 1977 or 1978. The two and a half year old child mentioned in a earlier post would have been her older sister Mary. I remember Mary telling me they were fairly new to the Franklin area and they had moved from California. I believe she told me they lived in Marysville and Grass Valley. I met Lori when I visited Mary on a summer break from college her hair color was definitely brown. I lost track of Mary but I think she might have moved back to California from what I was told. I just happened to be visiting a friend who lives in the Franklin area and I decided to google Lori's name to see if they found out what happened. Sorry that they did not get closure.

Hi, I just came across this site and post after doing a google search on Lori Sibrel. Lori had an older sister in addition to her brother Bart. Her name was Mary and I went to school with her at the University of Tennessee in either 1977 or 1978. The two and a half year old child mentioned in a earlier post would have been her older sister Mary. I remember Mary telling me they were fairly new to the Franklin area and they had moved from California. I believe she told me they lived in Marysville and Grass Valley. I met Lori when I visited Mary on a summer break from college her hair color was definitely brown. I lost track of Mary but I think she might have moved back to California from what I was told. I just happened to be visiting a friend who lives in the Franklin area and I decided to google Lori's name to see if they found out what happened. Sorry that they did not get closure.
Hi Terry welcome to websleuths and thank you so much for posting! If you remember anything else at all about Lori or her family situation it would be so interesting to hear more.

Like was she a happy kid, or unsettled?

One theory is she may have left that day to try and travel back to her dad’s home as I believe her parents had recently separated. I’m not sure if you’d know if that was accurate?

That’s so interesting that Lori had a sister - I’m not sure how we missed that!

I was reading comments where people don't really remember her. Did Lori ever make the move? Was she sent away? Also, she seems really tall. Is this a typo or has it been verified?

I can't believe NamUs has not updated her photo yet. Still shocked by the level of secrecy around this case, family is still alive and they have provided DNA but still not much info out there. And to think that strangers that have never met her are the ones looking, searching, pushing. Imagine how many cases are out there that have been completely forgotten, and that could put a name to a Jane/John Doe or crack open a case. It is very sad, but at least there is selfless people out there that put their time and efforts to bring this people back, even if is just finding a photo, a name, a birth certificate, etc, you are bringing this person back from the shadows.

Hi everyone, I don’t know exactly how active the search for Lori still is.. but I am a senior (class of 22) at Franklin High School where Lori would’ve ended up graduating. I’ve lived in Franklin my whole life and I have a lot of information to share. I also learned that my aunt was somewhat friends with Lori (ran in the same circles/ hung out / ate lunch together). I am really invested in this entire case and I am itching to share anything and everything that I know. If anyone sees this, please reply asap! I am actively investigating and interrogating my aunt;).​

@pzcary , start with the Verified Insider process, please:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Thanks for joining us, interested in hearing the local buzz. Remember that here on Websleuths, only Verified Insiders can post without linking supporting articles or LE reports. Unsupported posts fall into the rumor category & are quickly deleted. This protects the site legally.

jmho ymmv lrr

Hi everyone, I don’t know exactly how active the search for Lori still is.. but I am a senior (class of 22) at Franklin High School where Lori would’ve ended up graduating. I’ve lived in Franklin my whole life and I have a lot of information to share. I also learned that my aunt was somewhat friends with Lori (ran in the same circles/ hung out / ate lunch together). I am really invested in this entire case and I am itching to share anything and everything that I know. If anyone sees this, please reply asap! I am actively investigating and interrogating my aunt;).​

Hi and welcome @pzcary. New info is very welcome to get this case "going again". See Laughing's post about becoming a verified insider.

Hi and thank you so much for joining! So great to have someone with some potential additional knowledge. Please do the verified insider process then I know I’m personally super interested to hear anything that you can share.
I think about Lori’s case often. I wish there was more publicity around it - I find it odd that there isn’t given the semi public profile of one of her family members.

Lori's NamUs profile was modified on 6/3/22.
She currently has 10 rule outs/exclusions (Cheatham TN is listed twice for some reason)

UP1582
10/21/1981
Cheatham
TN

UP8419
01/16/2001
Isle of Wight
VA

UP1582
10/21/1981
Cheatham
TN