TN TN - Lori Sibrell, 15, Franklin, 5 Nov 1978

I haven't thought about this case in a while then it popped into my head. It feels like we had some momentum on it there for a moment.

Reading back through the posts and wondering about Lori withdrawing $50 that day. According to google, that equates to almost $200 in today's money. That's a lot of money for a 15 year old! So why did she withdraw it?
- 'Running away'? is the blanket explanation that I know LE used a lot back in those days for girls and womens disappearances. Maybe there's some truth to it in this case. What else could she need that money for? If she just needed money to get a bus to her dad's place or something then she wouldn't need anything like that much surely. (How much would a greyhound bus cost from Franklin to Nashville in 1978?) Maybe she only took $50 of her savings out because she didn't want to raise red flags at the bank - maybe there was a limit to what she could withdraw as a 15 year old without parental consent?
- Drugs is obviously always a possibility for large sums of cash but we have no evidence of any kind that Lori was or wasn't into drugs so without further info here not much to explore...
- This is a touchy one and I won't go into detail out of respect to Lori and her family, but another reason why a young woman may have needed a sum of cash could have been for an abortion - again no proof of anything just raising one possibility.

What would be SO helpful is some kind of info from Lori's girlfriends at the time. They would have known if there were drugs, a boy, family trouble, etc... I guess that would be in the police file - hopefully they interviewed her friends. Whether she had made any in Franklin only being new to the area, they'd still surely speak to any of her old friends from her previous school. Oh how I'd love to see the police file!

@MOTORUNNER - would Bart still be in contact with any of Lori's high school friends do you think?

How do you see the specific of the Jane Doe like her height and eye color. I'm sorry I can't get anything but the picture.

[QUOTE = "sunnynz, publicación: 16106624, miembro: 166300"] ¿Tiene otra información sobre este UID? [/ QUOTE]
633UFCA

Lori was 5’9 so there’s a big height discrepancy. Other than that I can kind of see a similarity.

Yes, other than height, there is a quality to the image Carl created that captures something in Lori's photos. They look quite similar. I wonder if the Doe's height could possibly be a mistake?

I found this online about Lori's teeth:
Her upper incisor slightly overlaps her upper front tooth, and she was missing one tooth ..

The Doe's teeth:. ... She had an overbite and her front teeth overlapped.

Would any harm come from suggesting a match? I agree the height is off by a lot, but stranger things happen....

Yes, other than height, there is a quality to the image Carl created that captures something in Lori's photos. They look quite similar. I wonder if the Doe's height could possibly be a mistake?

I found this online about Lori's teeth:
Her upper incisor slightly overlaps her upper front tooth, and she was missing one tooth ..

The Doe's teeth:. ... She had an overbite and her front teeth overlapped.

Would any harm come from suggesting a match? I agree the height is off by a lot, but stranger things happen....
It’s worth a shot. Would love to see Lori found.

I believe Lori was born in OH. That is where her brother was born. I have tried looking for her name included in some ohio yearbooks but I haven't. I'm also probably not that good at searching either, though.

She was born in South Dakota. Found this in a Rapid City, SD, newspaper dated June 24, 1963. Donald Winfield Sibrel was Gary and Lori's father.

Rapid City Journal from Rapid City, South Dakota on June 24, 1963 · 3

June 24, 1963
A Publisher Extra Newspaper
Rapid City Journal from Rapid City, South Dakota · 3

From the OCR text:

June 23 A girl to 1st Lt and Mrs. Donald W. Sibrel

She was born in South Dakota. Found this in a Rapid City, SD, newspaper dated June 24, 1963. Donald Winfield Sibrel was Gary and Lori's father.

June 24, 1963

From the OCR text:

This is great! I'm not a subscriber -- can you transcribe a bit more, or is that about it?

Interesting that their Dad was an Air Force officer! Did we know that?

Hmmm, 1963, wonder what Lt. Sibrel did & if my uncle knew him....

Really, thanks for adding to Lori's rather thin thread.

JMHO YMMV LRR

Have we talked about this young lady:

791UFFL

Height up to 5' 8"
Runaway from Ohio where Lori's family has some ties

(I ought to clean the house instead of clicking through the Chronological sort on DOE Network, but here I am....)

According to this article, it appears that they had another daughter in addition to Lori. So that means they had two daughters and one son. And it appears Donald Winfield Sibrel was in the Air Force.

February 5, 1963
Rapid City Journal from Rapid City, South Dakota · 6

MRS. SYLVIA SIBREL will represent Alpha Rho Chapter of the Ellsworth Air Force Base. She became a sorority member at Biloxi, Miss., in 1958 and presently serves on the social committee of her chapter. She and her husband, Lt. Donald W. Sibrel have one child, a daughter, two and one-half years old. Mrs. Sibrel enjoys bowling and swimming.

I meant to write Donald Winfield Sibrel was Bart and Lori's father. I accidentally wrote Gary, but it was supposed to say Bart.

June 24, 1963

From the OCR text:

According to this article, it appears that they had another daughter in addition to Lori. So that means they had two daughters and one son. And it appears Donald Winfield Sibrel was in the Air Force.

February 5, 1963

MRS. SYLVIA SIBREL will represent Alpha Rho Chapter of the Ellsworth Air Force Base. She became a sorority member at Biloxi, Miss., in 1958 and presently serves on the social committee of her chapter. She and her husband, Lt. Donald W. Sibrel have one child, a daughter, two and one-half years old. Mrs. Sibrel enjoys bowling and swimming.
Are we sure this is the right family? Lori only had a brother didn’t she?

Have we talked about this young lady:

791UFFL

Height up to 5' 8"
Runaway from Ohio where Lori's family has some ties

(I ought to clean the house instead of clicking through the Chronological sort on DOE Network, but here I am....)
It could be her based on dates height is a little off. If the birth notice about is Lori’s then we know she was born in June like the UID claimed. Would be interesting to do some more research around that really unusual alias the UID was using "Faloan S. Love"

Are we sure this is the right family? Lori only had a brother didn’t she?

Possibly the older girl passed? Oddly, friends lost a child in a boating accident while stationed at an Air Force base in South Dakota.

Or, we're, barking up the wrong family tree. Not a first for me....

February 5, 1963

Ok so now I’m not sure if this and the birth announcement are the right family. Lori was born in 1962 so she couldn’t be the 2.5 yr old mentioned in this article, nor could she be the birth announced in 1963.

Ok so now I’m not sure if this and the birth announcement are the right family. Lori was born in 1962 so she couldn’t be the 2.5 yr old mentioned in this article, nor could she be the birth announced in 1963.

But Lori was born in 1963, not 1962. This is the information provided directly from Lori's brother Bart to another websleuths member on this thread. This is what was posted in a previous post:

Name: Lori Lynn Sibrel
DOB: June 23, 1963
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 130 Lbs.
Hair: BROWN
Dentals: AVAILABLE*
Additional personal items: House Keys

Bart's father's name was Donald Winfield Sibrel and his mother's name was Sylvia Claire Sibrel, so the names of the parents match up with those mentioned in the newspaper birth announcement from June 1963.

I can't find info on the other daughter born in 1960. I don't know if this other daughter is living or deceased. I know she couldn't be Lori.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back