Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #3

Steve Fischer, a private investigator working closely with the family, just posted this clarifier on the case. No new info, just dispelling rumors with information he knows to be fact.
How can social media hinder the search?I It's not we are calling in with our opinions and theories. We are just on her speculating. Somebody must be watching this site, but they shouldn't be going to LE with all our banter.

MAR 21, 2024
When asked why they are not sharing the video publicly, police said that it’s very poor quality and doesn’t prove anything other than that Strain was around the bridges where his phone pinged for the last time.

Strain family friend Chris Dingman shared additional details from the video, saying it was captured by a surveillance camera high above the Woodland Street Bridge and the timestamp on it is 9:57 p.m., which makes it the last of several videos to document Strain’s movements.

Dingman says it shows Strain walking under the Woodland Street Bridge and then stopping at a lamppost for about six to seven seconds, where he seems to be doing something on his phone.

Strain then continues northward toward a second bridge, the James Robertson Parkway Bridge. And the last time he’s seen on camera is when he passes a yellow sign just before he reaches that bridge.

How can social media hinder the search?I It's not we are calling in with our opinions and theories. We are just on her speculating. Somebody must be watching this site, but they shouldn't be going to LE with all our banter.
There's plenty of people talking about this case and plenty of platforms where they're doing it. And, frankly, it's way more wild on other much larger platforms besides this one. Of course no one should be calling in speculation, but just because you and I don't think they should doesn't mean that they aren't. C'est la vie. LE stated at the presser the other day that they had an overwhelming number of tips and most of them were not verifiable, but they have to look into each and every one. That's how LE gets bogged down.

MAR 21, 2024
When asked why they are not sharing the video publicly, police said that it’s very poor quality and doesn’t prove anything other than that Strain was around the bridges where his phone pinged for the last time.

Strain family friend Chris Dingman shared additional details from the video, saying it was captured by a surveillance camera high above the Woodland Street Bridge and the timestamp on it is 9:57 p.m., which makes it the last of several videos to document Strain’s movements.

Dingman says it shows Strain walking under the Woodland Street Bridge and then stopping at a lamppost for about six to seven seconds, where he seems to be doing something on his phone.

Strain then continues northward toward a second bridge, the James Robertson Parkway Bridge. And the last time he’s seen on camera is when he passes a yellow sign just before he reaches that bridge.
I'd love to know what he's doing on his phone at this time. Is he mapping directions, texting someone. It just didn't seem to me like he was just wandering aimlessly because he was lost and didn't have a clue, even in his condition he was moving right along, even jogging at times like he was in a hurry...

there's thousands of different social media sites, including FB, twitter, tiktok etc.
when they say 'social media', they're not specifically referring to WS

Oh. Riley looks so much like him. It’s hard to see his parents’ faces.

I'd love to know what he's doing on his phone at this time. Is he mapping directions, texting someone. It just didn't seem to me like he was just wandering aimlessly because he was lost and didn't have a clue, even in his condition he was moving right along, even jogging at times like he was in a hurry...
Me too. It doesn’t appear he was on the phone when he passed the police officer.

I wonder if maybe he was but stopped talking for a moment while he passed by the officer? I feel like he was trying to go by him nice and quietly. It almost felt to me like he was hoping he wouldn't be noticed..
ABC just released this story 2 hours ago. The family was shown footage not released to the public. The couple who saw & spoke with Riley ant the crosswalk said he was on speaker phone with what sounded like 2 women, perhaps giving him directions.

ABC just released this story 2 hours ago. The family was shown footage not released to the public. The couple who saw & spoke with Riley ant the crosswalk said he was on speaker phone with what sounded like 2 women, perhaps giving him directions.

So was this actually two women or just his frat brothers? It's weird that it doesn't seem to be known for certain who he was talking to on that last phone call.

So was this actually two women or just his frat brothers? It's weird that it doesn't seem to be known for certain who he was talking to on that last phone call.
Where does it say he was on the phone with his frat brothers? The eyewitness couple at the crosswalk said it sounded like 2 women and he was on speakerphone.

Where does it say he was on the phone with his frat brothers? The eyewitness couple at the crosswalk said it sounded like 2 women and he was on speakerphone.
It doesn't say that (sorry to confuse!) it's just something I've seen speculated on this thread. That's the first time I've heard it said it was (possibly) two women he was on the phone with so it caught my eye. I'm sure his family or at least LE knows who he was actually talking to and I suppose it's not really necessary for the public to know, I just think it's slightly odd that there's still not even a vague answer (even just "a friend") two weeks in

No prob at all. I saw this story, the family couldn’t identify the last person he texted (contact info not saved). Which means it was prob someone he had just met.

MAR 21, 2024

MAR 21, 2024

Oh no! If he was really speaking with a female(s) and getting directions this is bad, really bad. I had wondered about apps that he may have been using that night but in his condition along with rumors that he'd been sick on his shirt I was thinking he probably wouldn't be feeling up to meeting for a hook up..

Martin told NewsNation that police confirmed her account of someone other than Strain wearing what looked like Strain’s shirt

“That’s the last video we have showing him speaking,” Whiteid says. “It was rough to hear...But hearing him speak, we could hear him – he did not sound highly intoxicated.”

“That was kind of a double whammy,” Whiteid says. “It's like you wish that he would've been extremely drunk and the cop would've said, 'Hey, stop. Let's talk.' ”Or he wishes his stepson had spoken up and said, "Hey, I'm lost. Can you help me?"

“But he didn't,” Whiteid adds. “Listening to him, it was Riley. The way he addresses the officer, that's Riley. That's how he talks to people, and it gives you an insight to a little bit of our son in this horrible moment.”

“If you can see your son two blocks away from you and they're bringing him to you, you don't want to see him two blocks. You want him two inches from you. You can't get there quick enough," he adds. "It's never going to be quick enough for family, no matter how many people are working on it. So, I try to remind myself of that. I try to remind my family of that, and we just take every day, hour by hour and see what we can do.”

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Cameras do not tend to be placed on river's edges recording their shorelines to capture the events that take place there which absolutely naturally explains the lack of "video evidence" of such an event. Ergo, we get captures and footage only of what has taken place at street level ... ie: someone disappearing between two bridges from a street camera and not picked up in footage on the next. Not picked up crossing the street to the opposite side of the road from the river - assumption being that the individual therefore disappeared between the two bridges in the space between the roadway and the river and, if not found on the land, most likely entered the river. The fact that no camera is on a riverbank to capture the entry does not imply foul play or anything nefarious.

Unless at a pier/dock/beach etc., and, in those instances they have indeed captured events, accidents and deliberate acts (there was a case on here just last week where cameras picked up a driver who deliberately drobe off the end of a pier). Recently in London - video evidence of a suspect in an horrific acid attack on a bridge and looking over the side of the bridge, but not going in - his remains later found in the river.

Just as we all cringe when an autistic child goes missing if there are water features in the area, I do the same when intoxicated indivduals vanish and there are water features in the area.

If you are drinking please don't drive. And, always have a buddy system. Stay with your buddy because it could save a life - says the girl who on a cold winter's night in university was walking home drunk with her buddies when she peered over the railing of the bridg and wanted to jump into the water because the steam coming off of it made her think it would be much warmer in the water. Thank goodness for my buddies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Especially young men who drink more than they normally do due to a celebration with a group of other young men, all out having a really good time!
Especially when their drinks are laced with GHB. Was Riley drugged? His friends think he was.

When they saw the footage they said it was completely out of character, he could barely walk at 9PM and only had 1 alcohol beverage at the bar he was kicked out of.

Oh no! If he was really speaking with a female(s) and getting directions this is bad, really bad. I had wondered about apps that he may have been using that night but in his condition along with rumors that he'd been sick on his shirt I was thinking he probably wouldn't be feeling up to meeting for a hook up..
I see where you went here, but I think it's reasonable to assume he was talking to girls he knew, who were trying to help navigate him.

Based on everything else we've learned, he was well liked, connected with family, had a new girlfriend, and even falling down inebriated, was a polite and affable young man.

For every accident abd any type of accident, there is a moment -- often a series of them -- that creates the event. Looking momentarily at one's phone while driving. Choosing suddenly to go this way and not that way.

So now we know that he knew he was lost and he was taking steps to get unlisted. If only he had just stopped. Waited. But he was walking within a city, people around, not terribly late. He didn't know he was moments away from catastrophe.

If he did indeed vomit, it makes sense he'd take his shirt off. Set it on the ledge. I don't care a good visual for the area but if he was talking on speaker phone, his phone could easily have been in his shirt pocket. With his CC. Sets his phone on the ledge. In taking the shirt off, the CC falls out. And bing bang boom his phone gets knocked off/over the edge. He leans over to save it, and top heavy, falls in. Alternately thinks he can retrieve it and dives in. Expensive phone. Wanted it back. If he were on a boat, wouldn't it be reasonable to jump in and grab your phone before it sinks or is carried away? Might explain just exactly how he got in the water. Intentionally. To save his phone. Only to be overtaken by the cold water and unforgiving current.

LE is doing an outstanding job piecing together his last minutes. And they'll get there. If he was on the phone, that will fill in some of the order of events. When did he vomit, where was he on his route, where was his shirt found if indeed that was his shirt.

His phone went virtually instantly silent in tandem with his position between cameras, the one capturing him moving forward and the one in which he never appeared. Either he and his phone landed in the water together or his phone went in first and he went in after. With the same tragic, deadly results.

Everyone around him will bear that woulda shoulda burden, any one thing happening differently and that catastrophic moment might have been averted. But that is the nature of accidents.

May it give his loved ones strength to see the lengths to which LE is going to bring their beloved boy home.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back