Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very curious why he was made to leave out the back door. Is this common for overly intoxicated people to be sent out the back? Where does it lead to…an alley? What a great way for someone to target a person. Also, I wonder if his phone was working after he fell. It could still ping, but was it usable. Just a thought.

I know this isn't going to be a very popular post however I really am not seeing any fault here as of yet. We have a 22yr old out, got intoxicated and kicked out of a bar. According to post # 374 pg 19 by @Jade posted that the whole group got kicked out and other MSM reported "HE" got kicked out. We have no clue what time they arrived there, we don't know how intoxicated he was when he arrived either. A bar having a safe room kind of thing is also a libablity IMO ( mentioned above as well). I would love nothing more to blame someone/something but from what I've read it really comes down to RS and being vulnerable in his condition that night. I am praying for Riley and his family that they get answers or better yet, Riley comes home safe. IMO
Jumping off your post. Also I know many have questioned how anyone who may have witnessed RS in his declined state would have not called in a welfare request. I don't know specifically about Nashville but the homeless drug addicted population has sky rocketed in many cities, mine included. I could walk or drive 5 blocks and make countless calls regarding those who seem in need. Again, not knowing about this specific area, maybe he blended in.

What I meant by this is when you see a 6 foot something guy stumbling down the street, I understand why some people wouldn't be to keen on going to see what's up with him. Especially these days with tranq and spice out there. Now I do think someone should have called the police
What I don't get is all the footage they have of him that there are dozens of potential witnesses who are also in the video and why haven't any of them come forward????

If you were in Nashville that night, I'm sure you have heard about this case! And especially if you saw a 6'-7" guy stumbling around in a color block shirt! He is a distinctive guy!

My boss's son is 6'-5" and has red hair and is a cadet at West Point with a short haircut. He stands out in a crowd. He's not likely going to be mistaken for someone else.

@laurenbarnastv

KOLR 10 Investigates has been in contact with the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) regarding an investigation into Luke’s 32 Bridge.

Updated: Mar 14, 2024 / 06:27 PM CDT

Why didn’t he just lay down on one of those benches at the riverfront seen on the last video? He could had called his friends and gave them his location, and there seems to be enough people walking around to avoid someone rolling him.

Being drunk does not mean that you lose all sense of self-protection. And if it did we would likely see it outlawed again. I don’t drink now, but when I was his age I could drink a half case pretty much every night and not bat an eye. Stayed away from hard liquor pretty much, but when I was consuming it I would drink a bottle of vodka a night. And I am a beanpole.

I really wonder if he was on prescription medicine of any kind? Has his family been asked about this yet? If I had to guess it is something more than just what he drank at the bar(s) to prompt him to act so irrationally. I mean he was running at one point......he must have had ‘some’ wits about him. At least enough to make a phone call or to find the number for a cab.

Why didn’t he just lay down on one of those benches at the riverfront seen on the last video? He could had called his friends and gave them his location, and there seems to be enough people walking around to avoid someone rolling him.

Being drunk does not mean that you lose all sense of self-protection. And if it did we would likely see it outlawed again. I don’t drink now, but when I was his age I could drink a half case pretty much every night and not bat an eye. Stayed away from hard liquor pretty much, but when I was consuming it I would drink a bottle of vodka a night. And I am a beanpole.

I really wonder if he was on prescription medicine of any kind? Has his family been asked about this yet? If I had to guess it is something more than just what he drank at the bar(s) to prompt him to act so irrationally. I mean he was running at one point......he must have had ‘some’ wits about him. At least enough to make a phone call or to find the number for a cab.
I have wondered if they were using any "recreational" drugs that night. I doubt any of the frat friends would admit to it though. JMO

I have wondered if they were using any "recreational" drugs that night. I doubt any of the frat friends would admit to it though. JMO
Steak and mushrooms for dinner? speculation, imo.
Video unrelated to my comment above.
'Mar 14, 2024
Police looking into 'dozens' of tips in search for Riley Strain'

I thought the same also. Alcohol alone should cause a person to want to be off of their feet ASAP, and to be sick if they felt that coming on. The running thing is what I can’t get past.

What I don't get is all the footage they have of him that there are dozens of potential witnesses who are also in the video and why haven't any of them come forward????

If you were in Nashville that night, I'm sure you have heard about this case! And especially if you saw a 6'-7" guy stumbling around in a color block shirt! He is a distinctive guy!

My boss's son is 6'-5" and has red hair and is a cadet at West Point with a short haircut. He stands out in a crowd. He's not likely going to be mistaken for someone else.
I missed where LE announced that no one has come forward? MOO

@SamDaClam I saw those benches in one of the video's and thought the same thing, if he would have just sat down. UGH!
MOO from the CCTV footage, he appears determined (while very confused and unsteady) to keep moving 'forward'. When he fell, he got up and continued on (albeit much more slowly). The last call (where we've been told what he said) is where he stated he was going to the hotel. I think that's the primary thought he focused on in his confused state. He was trying to get to safety in MOO. Heartbreaking.

Right now their liability extends to not over serving. To have some special room where bar workers are responsible for people’s well being while intoxicated, would increase that liability and potentially, the danger to employees.
Independent of the bartenders in these mega bars, are security and bouncer folks "working" the various levels, bouncing over-served, etc. It would be a responsible thing to do with those over-served folks, as opposed to ushering them out a side or back alley door with the others they bounce. We will have to agree to disagree. My opinion only.

Nashville crews search for missing Missouri student by air, boat​

The search for Riley Strain, a University of Missouri student who went missing while visiting Nashville over the weekend, continued Thursday.

Mizzou student Riley Strain still missing despite intensive search​

A surprising development in the search for Sebastian Rogers, who has now been missing for eighteen days.

I’m very curious why he was made to leave out the back door. Is this common for overly intoxicated people to be sent out the back? Where does it lead to…an alley? What a great way for someone to target a person. Also, I wonder if his phone was working after he fell. It could still ping, but was it usable. Just a thought.
My opinion and experience observing over the years, it's common that over-served are sent out back or side ways. The only way back in most of these places is through the front and with a cover charge.

May have missed it but I did not read anywhere that he was made to leave through the back door. I did read that the bouncers didn't want him loitering at the entrance though.

Anyone read he was kicked out through another door? It would make sense I guess since people might be waiting to get in at the entrance.

I had to skim to get caught up. Has this video been released yet?

MAR 14, 2024
The latest surveillance video that police are reviewing reportedly shows Strain walking north on Gay Street in between the Woodland Street Bridge and James Robertson Parkway Bridge, Nielsen said. Strain's family told KOMU 8 that the video captures Strain walking at 9:52 p.m. Friday. KOMU 8 has not seen the new surveillance video that police and Strain's family referenced.

Strain's financial records do not indicate he purchased a ride with any ride-share services like Uber or Lyft, Nielsen said. Police are also still waiting on phone records and data from Strain's Apple Watch.

I thought the same also. Alcohol alone should cause a person to want to be off of their feet ASAP, and to be sick if they felt that coming on. The running thing is what I can’t get past.

I disagree. An overly drunk 21+ running in downtown Nashville is certainly not uncommon. (more common than the police would like I'm sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769