Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I was the first to say it, but I said it because I'm from the South and we prefer polite euphemisms like "overserved." I wasn't thinking of it in a liability context!
I'm a southern girl and I absolutely agree. I was just wondering if his stepdad chose "overserved" when relaying what the business said. Because of the nature of this case, there's going to be secondhand and thirdhand information...most of the information, that I'm seeing is being filtered through family and friends of the family, who weren't there and who are piecing information together like we are.

Unfortunately I believe he will be found in the Cumberland River, based on this:
Strain was last seen on security cameras placed along Church Street. He was caught on video Friday night at 9:47 p.m, just six minutes before his phone went silent. (BBM)

He appears to be stumbling as he walked towards the Cumberland River.

Yeah, I can't imagine the bar using that word. There seems to be an effort to place the blame on the establishment, which of course may in fact be somewhat on the mark. The fact of the matter is though, he's likely dead because he left the bar alone. It's dangerous enough under normal circumstances, but much more so when there's water nearby.
And they know where he didn't go because in either direction there are cameras on those buildings.

I lived there and its pretty easy to get to the water and the video shows him falling down drunk.

Billboards up
1710355882290.png1710355882290.png

NEW: Missing person ads are up for Riley Strain who disappeared in Downtown Nashville on 3/8.
@LamarOOH
tells
@WKRN
that Riley’s info is shown on 40+ rotating digital billboards throughout the metro area - and will stay up for free until the family asks for it to be taken down.

Re: Riley's personality
"“Riley is going to tower and stand out in a crowd,” Whiteid told WZTV. “He’s got a big personality and doesn’t really know a stranger. He can walk up and talk to anybody.”

I wonder if he tried regardless of his state.
The person wearing the white cowboy hat shown in one of the videos maybe, where Riley appeared to stop as the individual was passing by?

[Snipped]
Here's the kicker: His buddies let him leave alone while highly intoxicated. Ladies don't leave their friends alone and guys shouldn't either. Ever.
Ditto this!! Why in the world would they let him walk off alone when he was so inebriated that he was cut off? I just don't get it!! Praying he's okay but not feeling very optimistic.

I wish someone in the video had checked on him and put him in an Uber. I wish...
Unfortunately in downtown Nashville drunk guys and girls are all over the place walking to and from hotels alone. I've witnessed it first hand on a trip there not too long ago and was flabbergasted that these kids were not using the buddy system! It's amazing we're not hearing about missing young adults every night there, tbh.

Or he was slipped a Rufie in his drink and thought someone was after him.
IDK... just seems weird to run out of bar like that to me. JMO
Interesting you say that... it is pretty common for females to be roofied in Nashville. I wonder if he was drinking someone else's drink or got roofied himself? Or he just drank way too much which is common both in Nashville and fraternities.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
It's not an issue of what time they cut him off. The issue is degree of inebriation. The bar had a duty, at least in Ohio they do, to cut people off BEFORE they become a danger to themselves. This man isn't a little drunk. He's a mess! He should have been cut off long before, imoo. If bars need to offset the financial hit they take for cutting people off, they can charge a cover or up their cover.

It's not an issue of what time they cut him off. The issue is degree of inebriation. The bar had a duty, at least in Ohio they do, to cut people off BEFORE they become a danger to themselves. This man isn't a little drunk. He's a mess! He should have been cut off long before, imoo. If bars need to offset the financial hit they take for cutting people off, they can charge a cover or up their cover.
A lot of people let this boy down that night.

Woof I’m pretty sure the ping happened when he was on the bridge. I wonder if there is any insight into his mental health. Why was he asked to leave the bar?
My understanding is that he and his frat brothers were all kicked out. Riley was extremely drunk. There are videos of him staggering, falling down and clearly intoxicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member