TN v. Robin Howington

How much time if she looking at?
I hope she had her ducks in a row for her young son.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (Court TV) — A Tennessee mother has been found guilty of all charges in the shooting death of her 5-year-old daughter.

Robin Howington was convicted of six charges, including reckless homicide, in the Sept. 2019 death of Destiny Oliver. Court documents obtained by Court TV and testimony at trial detailed how Howington told authorities several different versions of what happened, including blaming an unknown intruder, Oliver’s biological father and lastly claiming her two-year-old son shot his sister by mistake.

Sentencing is scheduled for April 19. Howington faces a minimum of 15-25 years in prison.

March 8, 2024

A jury found #RobinHowington guilty of reckless homicide, child neglect, false reporting, and evidence tampering in connection to the death of her daughter, 5-year-old #DestinyOliver. The young girl was shot to death and Howington claimed her then 2-year-old son was the one who pulled the trigger. Howington will be sentenced in mid-April.

good trial to watch for some trial watchers for sure - too bad not more watching and commenting because this is rich. This judge, how does he deal with that defense atty, sheesh
This was a great trial. I listened to it while painting my kitchen. The dialogue / banter between the investigator and defense atty was fantastic. I loved the cross with the DA and RH.

I really don’t understand what happened though that night. I don’t believe she killed Destiny and if Gavin did it, obviously the gun was in the living room. I heard them say she had GSR (and she said it was from transfer), but did Gavin? For the person who wouldn’t stop saying she lied to protect Gavin, she repeatedly said he did it.

It’s a sad story of a mom who is more worried about getting rid of the gun than trying to revive her child who’d just been shot.

She lied so much that I think it was impossible to not find her guilty.

She got 22 years. She will have to serve 85% before she gets parole. She tried her fake tears and her lawyer talked her up as a victim in all this - judge didn’t buy it! She didn’t seem all that surprised or upset by the sentence.

She ruined so many lives. The regrets the daddy had in the victim impact statement are so sad.
I wish she got more time. Zero accountability on her end.

Convicted mother #RobinHowington began to cry as the judge sentenced her to a total of 22 years in the shooting death of her 5-year-old daughter on Friday. Howington allegedly blamed the death of her daughter on her two-year-old-son in 2019.

#RobinHowington, the mother convicted in her 5-year-old's daughter's death, was seen crying in court prior to her sentencing. Her defense attorney stated Howington was diagnosed with PTSD and has to relieve this incident. She is facing a minimum of 15-25 years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dietzlyn
Back