Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments #2

The documentary was mind boggling. I hadn't looked up this case in awhile. Saw it briefly on the news last year but figured it was a hoax on LE by the man himself (not the documentary filming, as it turned out). Makes you think twice and reaffirm or question what you've read about this guy.

This article on the documentary mentioned his claim of killing two more victims. Does the time frame and/or address give any clues as to whom they could be?

Kohlhepp claims to have killed two other individuals before the Superbike murders in 2003 while living at Hunt Club Apartments in Spartanburg County.

Serial killer Todd Kohlhepp: ID TV show probes missing feet, killings

Yall, be sure to watch the 6 extras. They are around 5 minutes each. Its stuff that was pretty much all new, to me! That was a good series!

I should have taken notes, but one thing I didnt know is that when he went to put the dog away, the police saw he had a gun with a silencer on top the cage.

And what did he do with the feet?!?!

Did anyone else notice in episode 3 that when they entered his property there was a pink and purple child's bicycle next to the garage? TK doesn't have kids and the property is in the middle of nowhere. Why would that be out there? :eek:

It's about 16 minutes in:
upload_2019-8-9_11-45-27.png
Lost in the Woods | Serial Killer: Devil Unchained

Did any children go missing with their bicycles?

I think i remember the girl friend had a daughter.
I don't know if this is the same child, but he was allowed to transfer money to a college fund.
Kohlhepp, a 45-year-old registered sex offender and real estate agency owner is also accused of killing Meagan Leigh McCraw Coxie and her husband, Johnny Coxie. Kohlhepp pointed out locations where he buried their remains, as well as Carver’s, after securing three things from the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office, investigators have said.

Those three things were to speak with his mother, to deliver a photograph to his mother and to transfer some money to a friend’s child’s college fund.

Mom of accused serial killer Todd Kohlhepp: He 'is not a monster'

Here is a Podcast about another South Carolina shooting like the one in the Blue Ridge Savings Bank and I wonder if it worth looking at Kohlhepp for this crime:

The North Augusta Huddle House Shooting — Unresolved

Even if it is just to rule him out as might be the case in the I70 murders as well which were also shootings but he might be a bit young for these but he is definitely worth looking at in this other South Carolina case.

Here is a Podcast about another South Carolina shooting like the one in the Blue Ridge Savings Bank and I wonder if it worth looking at Kohlhepp for this crime:

The North Augusta Huddle House Shooting — Unresolved

Even if it is just to rule him out as might be the case in the I70 murders as well which were also shootings but he might be a bit young for these but he is definitely worth looking at in this other South Carolina case.

This Podcast states that LE believe they have a DNA profile. Of course if this is the case it could be checked against Kohlhepp.

I cant stop thinking about this case. I dont understand why they dont give him immunity, at this point. I think it is better to know and find the victims. He has 7 life sentences! There is no real reason to go after more convictions. Just give him immunity so families can get answers.

I knew one of the baton rouge serial killers victims. They did not try him for her murder, only some others. There was no real need to. So, I dont think it's off to just not worry about it, if hes going to confess. As a family member, I would be ok with him not being convicted, ONLY given that there is zero chance he will get out anyway, for me to know where my loved one was and what happened.

I cant stop thinking about this case. I dont understand why they dont give him immunity, at this point. I think it is better to know and find the victims. He has 7 life sentences! There is no real reason to go after more convictions. Just give him immunity so families can get answers.

I knew one of the baton rouge serial killers victims. They did not try him for her murder, only some others. There was no real need to. So, I dont think it's off to just not worry about it, if hes going to confess. As a family member, I would be ok with him not being convicted, ONLY given that there is zero chance he will get out anyway, for me to know where my loved one was and what happened.

I agree with you that it will be good to get justice for all of his victims and answers about all of his crimes of which I am sure there are many more. The only thing I would say if for LE and the FBI to be cautious about what Kohlhepp says. He is obviously a vile piece of work but he is also a liar and narcissist who likes to be the centre of attention so he might admit to crimes he did not commit to string LE and victims along while being the centre of attention. He of course has nothing to lose as he is in prison for the rest of his life anyway. As long as his confessions are checked out and backed up with evidence there should not a problem:

In new TV special, serial killer Todd Kohlhepp says public knows only 10% of his crimes

Just a word of caution here is a Serial killer notorious for confessing to crimes he did not commit:

Henry Lee Lucas - Wikipedia

I agree with you that it will be good to get justice for all of his victims and answers about all of his crimes of which I am sure there are many more. The only thing I would say if for LE and the FBI to be cautious about what Kohlhepp says. He is obviously a vile piece of work but he is also a liar and narcissist who likes to be the centre of attention so he might admit to crimes he did not commit to string LE and victims along while being the centre of attention. He of course has nothing to lose as he is in prison for the rest of his life anyway. As long as his confessions are checked out and backed up with evidence there should not a problem:

In new TV special, serial killer Todd Kohlhepp says public knows only 10% of his crimes

Just a word of caution here is a Serial killer notorious for confessing to crimes he did not commit:

Henry Lee Lucas - Wikipedia
If he leads them to bodies, I would think its real. As that series showed, he does not typically take credit for things he didnt do. He is oddly honest in his accounts. Although skewed... he doesnt think its rape if he tells her it's her choice but he will kill her, if she rejects it. Sick.

Additional alleged rape victim came forward after arrest of Todd Kohlhepp, records show

Aug. 19, 2019

"Another alleged rape by serial killer Todd Kohlhepp has come to light through newly obtained reports.

Incident and supplemental reports obtained by The Greenville News revealed that the additional alleged sexual assault was reported to the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office immediately following Kohlhepp’s arrest in November 2016, when Kala Brown, who had been missing from Anderson, was found chained up on Kohlhepp's property in Woodruff.

The alleged rape reportedly took place at Kohlhepp's home on Windsong Way in Moore in 2005, but Spartanburg County property records show Kohlhepp had not purchased that home until January 2007.

The incident took place about two years after four murders at Superbike Motorsports but before the murders of three people found on Kohlhepp's Woodruff property — all murders Kohlhepp has confessed to committing....

The News doesn't typically identify victims of sexual assault, but Brown is being identified after discussing her experience on national television....

With seven murder charges stacked against Kohlhepp, including four from Superbike Motorsports in 2003, along with Brown’s sexual assault, the woman eventually declined to move forward with her case, a supplemental report shows.

Kevin Bobo, a Sheriff’s Office spokesman, said the woman no longer wished to pursue criminal charges after finding out Kohlhepp was tied to seven killings.

“Even if he had been convicted of that (the sexual assault), with seven life sentences, it wouldn’t have changed a thing,” Bobo said...."

Additional alleged rape victim came forward after arrest of Todd Kohlhepp, records show

Here is another report about the developments and repercussions in these crimes:

Family of two more Todd Kohlhepp victims sue firearm retailer Academy Sports

Really nice guy Todd (not) gets a mention in this list below for his taunting of LE:

https://listverse.com/2019/08/09/10-twisted-serial-killers-who-taunted-the-police/

Serial killer Todd Kohlhepp murdered seven victims in South Carolina between 2003 and 2016. He was finally arrested when a missing woman named Kala Brown was rescued from a storage container, where she had been kept in chains and witnessed the murder of her own boyfriend.

Kohlhepp claimed there are more victims. In an eight-page letter he sent to the Spartanburg Herald-Journal, he wrote: “Yes there is more than seven. I tried to tell investigators and I did tell FBI, but it was blown off.” He added, “At this point, I really don’t see any reason to give numbers or locations.”[9]

Former FBI special agent John Douglas revealed in a recent documentary Serial Killer: Devil Unchained, “I believe him. He’s very specific and detailed. He also likes to boast about his skills, his violence.” Kohlhepp has since claimed there were at least two other murders but has yet to give authorities the details.

Last edited:
Shame and the Serial Killer

Sep 06, 2019

"I recently watched a special on the ID Network about South Carolina serial killer Todd Kohlhepp. He pleaded guilty to the mass murder of four people at a motorcycle shop in 2003, as well as the murders of three more people whom he buried on his 95-acre property. He also kept the girlfriend of one victim chained in a shipping container for two months.

Upon his arrest, he was allowed to speak to his mother about his crimes. She was shocked—but in a later interview, she excused him by claiming that his victims had treated him badly. “They embarrassed him,” she said. “No one likes being embarrassed.”

It’s no excuse for murder, but for some people, humiliation runs deep—depriving them of self-esteem, a sense of control, and feelings of accomplishment. They don’t get past it. Instead, the humiliation festers, feeding their view of a hostile world that hinders them and justifies payback..."

Shame and the Serial Killer

Charge dropped against woman who escaped SC serial killer

September 11th 2019

"COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Prosecutors have dropped a domestic violence charge against a South Carolina woman who survived being held captive by a convicted serial killer.

The Greenville News reports prosecutors dismissed charges against Kala Brown and her boyfriend last week after finding they couldn't be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. Brown told authorities she punched her boyfriend in the face after he "bucked" her with his chest during an argument in July.

Brown's earlier partners died violently.

Authorities ruled that her fiance killed himself in February with a self-inflicted stab wound to the chest.

Brown went missing in 2016 and was found chained in a shipping container by Todd Kohlhepp, who eventually admitted to killing seven people including Brown's boyfriend."

Charge dropped against woman who escaped SC serial killer

Here is a page about a book by John Douglas and it appears that Kohlhepp has been interviewed. Kohlhepp may well be responsible for more crimes but I would advice even the great John Douglas to be cautious with what he says because I feel he will also spin LE a yarn to occupy his time and enjoy himself for want of a better way of putting it:

https://www.nypl.org/blog/2019/08/21/booktalking-killer-across-table-john-douglas

Here is part of the report above:

Kohlhepp killed his male workers impulsively, and held women captive in an isolated location. He also killed four people at a motorbike shop in 2003 because he thought that they were mocking his riding ability. Douglas found that Kohlhepp suffered an abusive childhood, but stated that no one "made" him kill. He agreed to fill out a questionaire regarding his crimes because he was very curious about the results of Douglas' psychological assessment of him.

Kohlhepp of course was sick son of a gun and in my opinion he does not care about any of his victims and likes to taunt them by making himself the centre of attention but there are some other strange and sick people in the world. Here is report about a Facebook Page where someone is pretending to be him. I am surprised it is not removed straight away:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back