trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's a diabetic. Stress can aggravate that, but I think the court was told ahead of time she was diabetic.

The potty breaks may be to check her sugar. The reason court was abruptly stopped was because the court knew of the pre-exisitng condition. That's why, IMO, there was no questioning of the witness by the judge. She already knew

JC said she was pale and sweaty yesterday and shaking during the break before dismissal.

Several others have thought the same. (about diabetes)

I'd like to personally cut her some slack on the sickness issue, I don't think it's within her control.

I agree with you too but, the diabetics that I know, usually eat an Oreo and go abouts their day? She should have been fine soon enough with in the lunch hour. I still think something is fishy?

She looks better in orange

Blue is a good color for her. She loves to wear black. That hair color is so draining (did someone tell her to ugly herself up?) She looked much better when she was "dating" Travis.

A couple of things stand out to me from yesterday...

1. ALV listed names of TA lady friends (black book so to speak) and how he wanted to see sexy pictures, he was interested in several women at the same time.

...Dosen't sound like a pedo to me

2. After seeing some additional entries from Jodi's diary on HLN - JA does write negative things in her diary and admits she herself want to rip pages out not TA makes her as ALV testified.

...Either JM can't or doesn't want to use this info for some reason but he knows probably way more about her lies than we do and for some reason isn't/can't use them.

3. JA's parents video is real and raw for them. They admit things in honesty.

...But now their daughter is facing DP and they are trying to save her.

4. After seeing the list of jail infractions of JA she is a sneaky thing.

...The jurors won't know this among MANY other things until after they return a verdict. It easy for me to make a decision but I can't remove what I have learned from watching trial/media/reading. They are missing a lot of information we have.

It’s obvious I’m not a criminologist, but I can’t ignore that this killing of TA is not a good example of premeditated murder. ……the violence involved in the bloody crime scene and the excessive wounds seem more a crime of passion and absence of forethought. In addition, the haphazard cleaning up of the crime scene does nothing to bolster premeditation. Makes me wonder why, at the very beginning, JA didn’t just plead guilty to reaching her breaking point, admit she snapped and be found guilty of second degree murder instead of telling those unbelievable stories.

1) IMO it WAS premeditated but didn't go as planned; Travis didn't die quickly and exited the shower. She had to chase him down and so it wound up much messier then she had planned. That's when she panicked and the chaotic clean up attempts were made.

2) JA can't maintain her over-inflated ego if she claims she "snapped". It can never be her fault or weakness; she has to blame someone else in order to protect her own ego. Plus, she would still get jail time for 2nd degree - she wants time served for self defense.

She tried to plea to 2nd degree. The state wouldn't accept the plea.

Yeah, something tells me the overt threats to drag TA and his family and community through the dirt contained in that "offer to plead" wouldn't have gone over very well with Juan Martinez.

Afternoon, y'all.

Hoping the defense team wraps it up today. Enough is enough.

The truth will come out when Juan is up.

I just noticed something in regards to the duct tape and Body Bugg. JA says the duct tape was to keep his Body Bugg on. I just found this pic from the crime scene that shows a fully intact Body Bugg. Why would he need duct tape to keep it on? Thoughts???

http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/forwinteriscoming/media/IMG_2971_zps29fd01ab.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Trying to catch up here and I know the thread will close on me! Look at the right side of picture. Could the Velcro have worn and duct tape was needed to hold it tight enough ?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

She tried to plea to 2nd degree. The state wouldn't accept the plea.

1) IMO it WAS premeditated but didn't go as planned; Travis didn't die quickly and exited the shower. She had to chase him down and so it wound up much messier then she had planned. That's when she panicked and the chaotic clean up attempts were made.

2) JA can't maintain her over-inflated ego if she claims she "snapped". It can never be her fault or weakness; she has to blame someone else in order to protect her own ego. Plus, she would still get jail time for 2nd degree - she wants time served for self defense.

Then she really is insane because she will never get 12 jurors to vote in favor of self defense. On a long shot she might get a hung jury but that means another trial.

There are so many differences between this case and my brother's murderer's case. The state couldn't find ONE defense expert to testify on the murderer's behalf. The DT came to us and told us how sorry they were and said that THEY were praying for us. This just blows my mind! I guess we were truly lucky? How can ANY defense team trash a victim? I feel so sorry for T.A.'s family! :(

Wow, that's very touching! My brother was murdered as well, but there were witnesses and they apprehended the murderer at the scene. He was convicted without much ado.

ITA with shameless defenses of blaming the victim; coincidently, what ALV has dedicated her life to preventing, so she says!

Because people will keep asking. here's the whole thing :)

JA is very private, she's secretive etc. per her Mom and Dad and yet she seems to glow with pride when her journals are projected onto the huge screen in court. Either she's changed to the core of her being, or these journals we're seeing were written for viewing IMO.

OMG...wth is wrong with all these killers claiming they're in a "FOG?"

The guy from Wisconsin who killed his three daughters is claiming insanity because he was in a "fog."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne