TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s odd that she was talking to her father with what seems like a nonchalant tone regarding Lori. Why would she not have any reservation for her fathers marriage to LV shortly after her mothers death? That’s weird.
The Reddit post attributed to her suggests it was hard for her that her father rapidly remarried, but she quickly made the best of it.

One way Emma handled it was to believe that her father missed her mother terribly and still talked of her a lot. To Emma, the marriage was between two grieving widows.

Shortly before the scene caught on LE cameras and played in court yesterday, she had been speaking to Lori in jail and participating in gathering support for Lori.

It was shocking to hear Emma mention Colby to her father so casually and disparagingly. IIRC, Colby was using social media around that time- maybe a bit earlier- to beg his mother to produce his siblings. I think it was his only way to attempt to reach her.

What could Emma, Lori and Chad all been saying about Colby???? I guess if Emma asked why they didn't just tell her new step-brother where his - rather THEIR - siblings were, Lori or Chad would have to say disparaging things to deflect the question. What did the murderers say? "He's low income and wants their fat social security that your parents are jetting around on."

Emma apparently never pressed for details on JJ and Tylee. When JJ's body was found, she went to pieces because her father was going to jail (although nobody had told her this; her father, whom likewise nobody had told was going to jail, confirmed this assumption.) Emma apparently did not need anybody to explain why police thought, if they found one body they would find another. In short, Emma knew on some level the kids were dead. And her "problem" with that was the incarceration of her father.

It's really sad. The other thing that strikes me is the sincere crying for her father going to jail, and brave resolve to take over the family finances and look after her little brother, in contrast to her fake crying on a TV news show about the death of her new step siblings and her cowardly resignation to her fathers "emotional affair."

MOO

Here is the phone call between Lori and Chad, with better audio, along with my transcript:

[Begin call]
Automated message: “A call from and paid for by...”
Lori: “Lori.”
Automated message: “...an inmate at Madison County Jail. This call is subject to recording and monitoring. If you don't wish to talk, hang up now. Thank you for using Telmate.”

Lori: "Hi babe!"
Chad: *short pause* "Hello."
Lori: "Are you okay?"
Chad: *long pause* "So they’re searching... the... property."
Lori: "The house right now?"
Chad: "Yeah. Yeah. I'm at Emma's. *long pause* "Mark Means will be talking to you."
Lori: "Okay." *short pause* "What, are they in the house?"
Chad: *short pause* "No, they’re out on the property."
Lori: *short pause* "Are they seizing stuff?" *short pause* "Again?"
Chad: "They’re searching." *long pause* "There's a search warrant, and so... at the moment I'm just at Emma's... with the kids."
Lori: *long pause* "Okay."
Chad: *long pause* "Yeah. I tried to set up a call. I'm glad you called."
Lori: "Yeah."
Chad: *long pause* "So we'll see what transpires."
Lori: *short pause* "Okay."
Chad: *long pause* "Definitely a good thing I don't really..."
Lori: *interrupting* What do you want me to do? Pray?
Chad: *interrupted* "What?"
Lori: "What do you want me..."
Chad: *interrupting* "Yeah, pray."
Lori: *laughs*
Chad: "Pray... and... umm, yeah." *long pause*
Lori: "Um-kay." *short pause* "Okay. What can I do for you?"
Chad: *long pause* "Umm. I‘m feeling pretty calm. I would call Mark though, and he..." *long pause* "...you can just talk with him."
Lori: "Have you talked to him already?"
Chad: "I did call him, yes."
Lori: "So he knows what they're doing?"
Chad: "Yeah." *short pause* "Looks like I've..." *short pause* "...a call from somebody else I need to talk to - I love you so much!"
Lori: "Okay. I love you. Should I try to call you later?"
Chad: *short pause* "Umm... I don’t know. I... I don't know. Uh... You can try, yeah. I'll answer if I can."
Lori: "Okay."
Chad: "I love you and we’ll talk soon."
Lori: "Okay baby. I love you."
Chad: "Okay, love you. Okay, bye."
[End call]

And by the way, who buries THAT MANY pets? They hadn’t even lived there that long.
They moved there around 2015. So for 2019, they'd been there approximately 4 years. Unless they just had some seriously bad luck, or they had 3 or 4 dogs that were elderly when they moved, I don't see how there would be that many deceased dogs there. I think Emma specifically used the word "several" but I could be wrong. Maybe they let neighbors bury pets there?

They did also have ducks and I can believe having several die in 4 years (we used to have yard birds) but she said dogs, not dogs and ducks, or dogs, cats, and ducks.

Here is the phone call between Lori and Chad, with better audio, along with my transcript:

[Begin call]
Automated message: “...an inmate at Madison County Jail. This call is subject to recording and monitoring. If you don't wish to talk, hang up now. Thank you for using Telmate.”

Chad: "Yeah. Yeah. I'm at Emma's. *long pause* "Mark Means will be talking to you."
Chad: "They’re searching." *long pause* "There's a search warrant, and so... at the moment I'm just at Emma's... with the kids."
Chad: *long pause* "Umm. I‘m feeling pretty calm. I would call Mark though, and he..." *long pause* "...you can just talk with him."
Chad: "Yeah." *short pause* "Looks like I've..." *short pause* "...a call from somebody else I need to talk to - I love you so much!"
Chad: *short pause* "Umm... I don’t know. I... I don't know. Uh... You can try, yeah. I'll answer if I can."
[End call]
I guess that answers what he was doing at Emma's - talking to Mark Means.

he sure could have informed his own kids.

didnt their kids watch the news or read the paper? LV's children were officially classified as MISSING on Dec 20, it was all over the news. it was jaw dropping hearing his daughter say she talks to LV and him chatting to her about Amazon logins, 'LV would know'....and telling his daughter to put money on LV's commissary....OMG......were HIS kids really that uninformed as to why his new wife was arrested in Hawaii and then was brought back and is sitting in jail?

and finally human remains being found, his daughter not reacting as in OMG but says matter of fact she doesnt think he will be out right away. and he tells her he wont be back.

Im shocked listening to this exchange.
While Emma and Chad were chatting while Chad was detained but not yet arrested, Chad said that people would leave Emma alone now.

I assume that this was his naive belief that the "where are the children?" Questions from the public and the press would stop. Because they were all being pursued that way.

What remarkably poor insight Chad has into others that he thinks "Well, at least they will stop following my family around now." Chad was entirely unphased by the death of his victims, and he assumed the general public would be, too. Like, he thought the press would be like, "Oh, there those cheeky cuties are! Buried in Chad's back yard! Let's all go home now!"

Next time I listen to that exchange, I'm going to listen hard for Emma's response to his prediction that she will be left alone. I *think* she ignored it.

How bizarre for Chad to think that Emma's financial responsibilities would be increasing now, but her being followed by press would be reduced.

How long after that exchange was the tongue stick out incident? (Edited to add, disregard this question. Indicolite says this preceeded the by many months; it was around an earlier search of the house that Emma disrespected the interested public.)

I also noticed that Emma discussed her name being added to the mortgage and not her husbands. (You can't do that, by the way- you have to refinance to take on a loan, add a person who owes.) She ran that suggestion off Chad, to see how he felt about who should be "on" the mortgage. He agreed, Emma and Chad, not Emma's husband.

I wonder if Emma is in so deep she knew trust levels and everything, and knew she was more trusted than her husband.

MOO

Last edited:
How bizarre for Chad to think that Emma's financial responsibilities would be increasing now, but her being followed by press would be reduced.
Well you see Chad is pretty used to and therefore unfazed by the idea of a woman carrying a man's financial responsibilities (because that's super patriarchal).

And that's another thing. Tammy's sister Samantha said that Tammy pretty much never went to Chad's book conferences because "she was too busy working and raising the kids." Now I know each LDS family is going to be different despite official church teachings, and the LDS church does teach both men and women to be resourceful and successful, but the woman being the main breadwinner just does not sound very traditionally patriarchal to me. It also sounds like she did most of the work with Spring Creek Publishing Co.

Chad's books were successful but IIRC not very lucrative overall.

How long after that exchange was the tongue stick out incident?
SBM. She tried to sabotage a news reporter doing her job six months earlier (on January 3), when the police searched Chad's house for the first time.

Last edited:
They moved there around 2015. So for 2019, they'd been there approximately 4 years. Unless they just had some seriously bad luck, or they had 3 or 4 dogs that were elderly when they moved, I don't see how there would be that many deceased dogs there. I think Emma specifically used the word "several" but I could be wrong. Maybe they let neighbors bury pets there?

They did also have ducks and I can believe having several die in 4 years (we used to have yard birds) but she said dogs, not dogs and ducks, or dogs, cats, and ducks.
I felt for LE when Emma told that story. It's their job, and it's what they expected to find, but I think it still had to be very traumatic to find a little boy buried that day. When Emma quoted an LE officer as saying something like, "With all due respect I know the difference between a human and a dog..." I felt for that officer, whoever it was.

MOO

I wonder if Emma is in so deep she knew trust levels and everything, and knew she was more trusted than her husband.

MOO
SBM. That is a good question. Did Chad's children know of his dark/light ratings? Did they know how he rated his own family? He often rated spouses dark, like he was labeling them as cult outsiders.

While Emma and Chad were chatting while Chad was detained but not yet arrested, Chad said that people would leave Emma alone now.

I assume that this was his naive belief that the "where are the children?" Questions from the public and the press would stop. Because they were all being pursued that way.

What remarkably poor insight Chad has into others that he thinks "Well, at least they will stop following my family around now." Chad was entirely unphased by the death of his victims, and he assumed the general public would be, too. Like, he thought the press would be like, "Oh, there those cheeky cuties are! Buried in Chad's back yard! Let's all go home now!"

Next time I listen to that exchange, I'm going to listen hard for Emma's response to his prediction that she will be left alone. I *think* she ignored it.

How long after that exchange was the tongue stick out incident?

I also noticed that Emma discussed her name being added to the mortgage and not her husbands. (You can't do that, by the way- you have to refinance to take on a loan, add a person who owes.) She ran that suggestion off Chad, to see how he felt about who should be "on" the mortgage. He agreed, Emma and Chad, not Emma's husband.

MOO
Emma was the 'golden child', yes? Is she the eldest?

[Begin call]

[End call]

Wow - he sounds like a man resigned to his doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online