TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

Deadly stampede at Travis Scott's tragic Astroworld concert that killed ten also injured almost FIVE THOUSAND, according to class action suit​

Awful.
I really do not care if he is sued into oblivion.
Someone broke this down with footage of the TS concert overlayed with green arrows showing movement.
It was like watching water in the ocean breaking into waves.
People who uploaded video said they were sometimes carried off their feet, and in some cases out of their shoes !

That poor woman who lost her unborn baby.
The harrowing video footage of the young man being carried out on the shoulders of other concert goers and emts was a thing one is not going to forget; and it made it worse to see TS standing over the crowd watching it, and going on with his singing.

He may not have known the teen was deceased, but he sure as hello should have called a halt to the show !
Yes, I'm still angry with him.
How much more so for the people who will never see their loved ones again.

Money won't bring them back, but I'd like to think it knocked some sense into him.

Lady Gaga and Pink have both halted concerts just for people fighting (LG) and a distraught person in the crowd (P).
If those who suffered injuries win some compensation, maybe TS will rethink his past actions ?
M00.

Last edited:

Travis Scott's security guard was BLOCKED from stopping Astroworld festival: Rapper may have known it was unsafe before he stepped on stage before 11 people were crushed to death, newly released police report finds​

From my above link:

Walgren says his demands to stop the show were combatted to the point 'he was prepared to do whatever it took to shut the show down, by pulling the plug, taking the microphone, or even getting physical.'

He claimed the members of Scott's team had 'actively impeded the ability for anyone to stop the show.'

As Interior Manager of Security, Wallgren was supposed to be able to radio to practically any official at the event. However, he claimed the event's security issues were evident from the start as they had a shortage of radios.

The lack of radios saw dozens of security guards left stranded in the crowds with only a single supervisor to report to.

Wallgren claimed that Scott argued with his security team as he also 'didn't want to have a heavy police presence' inside the grounds, and the rapper allegedly worried his security with 'puzzling' behavior including seemingly encouraging fans without tickets to sneak into the event.

Travis Scott's security guard was BLOCKED from stopping Astroworld festival: Rapper may have known it was unsafe before he stepped on stage before 11 people were crushed to death, newly released police report finds​

Tha track's Travis Scott's ego was far more important to him than his fan's life.
Narcissism.

such a huge difference from other concerts (of many different music genres) I've been to where the performers themselves actively watch the crowd and help manage it by telling the people at the front to stop, move back and not continuing until they space out a bit. It was negligence at least! some people just don't care about people's lives, I guess

such a huge difference from other concerts (of many different music genres) I've been to where the performers themselves actively watch the crowd and help manage it by telling the people at the front to stop, move back and not continuing until they space out a bit. It was negligence at least! some people just don't care about people's lives, I guess

No, he doesn't care and it will happen yet again.
I hope he is sued into oblivion.

Last week, the judge dismissed lawsuits against hip-hop guest performer Drake along with several other individuals and companies involved in the show.

Attorneys for Scott, whose real name is Jacques Bermon Webster II and is also known as “Cactus Jack,” write in the motion to dismiss that he is a performer and had no role in providing security or crowd management for the festival.

“Performers are not expected to render special protection to the audience, nor to safeguard them from the rest of the crowd,” the motion said. “Performing artists, even those who engage in certain promotional activities, have no inherent expertise or specialized knowledge in concert safety measures.”

Last week, the judge dismissed lawsuits against hip-hop guest performer Drake along with several other individuals and companies involved in the show.

Attorneys for Scott, whose real name is Jacques Bermon Webster II and is also known as “Cactus Jack,” write in the motion to dismiss that he is a performer and had no role in providing security or crowd management for the festival.

“Performers are not expected to render special protection to the audience, nor to safeguard them from the rest of the crowd,” the motion said. “Performing artists, even those who engage in certain promotional activities, have no inherent expertise or specialized knowledge in concert safety measures.”

He failed to omit that creditable performers don’t encourage the audience to participate in dangerous behavior that has resulted in death.

Money won't bring them back, but I'd like to think it knocked some sense into him.

If those who suffered injuries win some compensation, maybe TS will rethink his past actions ?
M00.
As you mention with Pink & Lady Gaga, musicians with a heart stop the show temporarily and call attention to the problem to get it fixed!!

I've been to an incredible amount of concerts in this lifetime, many many many, and every GOOD band or musician I have ever seen cares deeply for their crowd and their fans. By good, I mean both well-meaning and well-performing.

i'm trying to remember... but some shows I've been at where pauses were caused by the band to help concert-goers include the killers, george strait, 21 pilots, kenny chesney, 3rd eye blind, counting crows, panic at the disco, and bowling for soup. some of these artists i have seen more than once and have been impressed by their level of care and concern toward their fans in attendance, and most of these musicians stayed after the show to meet people and sign things too and idk how they do it!! i'd be sooo exhausted and over it.

the enjoyment level of the crowd is what makes a concert fun for the band to play, otherwise they wouldn't be able to do it every night, night after night after night, for a whole tour, let alone multiple tours over decades+ as many do. i have seen a couple more "hardcore" bands and was not super impressed with how the band/crew approached crowd safety. imagine watching people literally knock eachother out to get ahead just to be blocked again by some girl's boyfriend carrying her on his shoulders... of course moshing exists but it can be done respectfully (believe it or not it can! i personally despise moshing and don't understand it but some folks really do love it and even make friends doing it) but i bet the attendees weren't expecting anything even remotely in the same galaxy as what ended up happening on this tragic evening.

not only was the massacre a tragedy but now it's becoming a travesty of justice too because TS is responsible as well as his "festival organizers" (i put this in quotes because WHAT were they even thinking... have you seen the amt of people they expected to show, versus the set up of this so-called festival?!) for the show itself. however, he is trying to deny any and all blame.

the same way alec baldwin and the young armorer have trial for the death of that brilliant woman on set (i'm so sorry, her name is russian and it is escaping me at this moment) so should TS and said "organizers" face justice for their crimes. instead, all that is going on is that a judge is considering dismissing him from the lawsuit after recently dismissing drake from it.

---------------

Drake, who was still performing with Scott after the Houston Police Department declared a mass-casualty event, was on Wednesday dismissed from a class-action lawsuit after his lawyers argued he was not part of festival planning and was not responsible for any decisions made around security or crowd control.

---------------

all of that said, i do not think any of this has knocked sense into TS. he's busy selling sneakers.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back