TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Thank you for putting to rest the whole idea that Caleb was receiving an allowance of $20. This apparently was just an interpretation someone made way back on this forum that got repeated over and over again. The parents were very generous with Caleb's finances, he appears to have had full access to credit and debit cards that he shared with his father who could monitor them to make sure that the expenditures didn't get out of hand, but that the transaction remained reasonable for a young man in college. Nothing "punitive" or "odd" about it that I can see - I see just the opposite, generous and self-sacrificing parents who want the best for their son's happiness and success.
I will add, not only to monitor expenditures, it's a great way to keep their eye out for him ( safety) without being overly intrusive. Stealth :D
I never carry cash, I like everything recorded.

I have a random theory about the phone ping... If we assume that maybe he was meeting up with someone for adult relations and originally turned his phone off as to not be tracked... what if they did go towards the Walgreens for protection? What if he waited in the car, briefly turned his phone on because he was bored while waiting on the other person to come back out, remembered he had it off for a reason, and promptly turned it back off? Could that explain the random phone ping?

It has crossed my mind that without his own vehicle or any other phone charger, he may have simply turned the phone off once the evening's activity was definitely happening, to save his remaining battery for whenever he needed to get home or the next morning. And then whatever happened prevented him from turning it back on.

I have a random theory about the phone ping... If we assume that maybe he was meeting up with someone for adult relations and originally turned his phone off as to not be tracked... what if they did go towards the Walgreens for protection? What if he waited in the car, briefly turned his phone on because he was bored while waiting on the other person to come back out, remembered he had it off for a reason, and promptly turned it back off? Could that explain the random phone ping?
It could, yes. Good thinking.

My thoughts about the shoes is that unless there is really video evidence of him walking away from the apartments barefoot, I would suspect he is just wearing flip flops. All my friends in Corpus wear flip flops 24/7. Regular shoes are just for work otherwise it's warm enough down there to wear flip flops pretty much all year round.

From the time I have spent there, Corpus is a really small community. It's like 1999 still.

Edited to add: CC population around 315k. To me it seems really small.

Last edited:
My thoughts about the shoes is that unless there is really video evidence of him walking away from the apartments barefoot, I would suspect he is just wearing flip flops. All my friends in Corpus wear flip flops 24/7. Regular shoes are just for work otherwise it's warm enough down there to wear flip flops pretty much all year round.

From the time I have spent there, Corpus is a really small community. It's like 1999 still.

Edited to add: CC population around 315k. To me it seems really small.
There’s a YouTube interview with Randy Harris and the family friend, and the family friend says of Caleb “he wasn't much of a flipflop kid” (22:58 according to transcript). Randy is right next to him as he says this and maybe gives a slight nod, so I think he agreed with the comment.

This is true.

In addition they say he is a creature of habit. That means good and bad habits. This leads me to believe this is not his first time potentially hooking up IF this is really the case. There should certainly be digital traces of all his “habits”.

Anyone answer the question WHY he didn’t take his own car to the hookup???? Why allow someone to pick you up? (Which makes me feel there is a level of comfort with the person if they were picking him up). I dunno. It might not make a difference and we might still have the same outcome.

I side eye everything and everyone…..

Reactions: IDK
The Walgreens I am seeing in his area would have closed at 11 pm on March 4. It is never open past 11 pm.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> In my opinion, it's pretty clear that Caleb did not go outside to pick up his order, as he had requested contact-less delivery in advance. His phone turning off just before 3 am - and the actual delivery being 3:20 am - underscores that.

However i have no idea where he intended to go, or how it can even be tracked down.

Another missing person case I followed was Erica Shultz, who was seeing a man who would later kill her. That was something her family didn't know. But she asked a friend to track her phone, which proved critical to tracking down that man, and eventually, finding her body.
contact-less order for me means they drop it at my door and i go outside and pick it up after they leave... years following cases has made me a bit more cautious with doordash etc. MOO.

Happy to see the $20 allowance discredited. These parents made sure he had everything he needed, and more, to have a good college experience. As for the wording of Dad’s statement about Caleb not being afraid, I believe too much has been read into it. I was watching the 20/20 episode about missing Skylar Neese and her Dad said the same in his statement and added she was not in trouble. Sadly, she was murdered by her two best friends. IMO, the parents are victims too.

contact-less order for me means they drop it at my door and i go outside and pick it up after they leave... years following cases has made me a bit more cautious with doordash etc. MOO.
Right. Caleb did not need to go outside for the driver to hand it off. So he went outside for some other reason. The question is: why? And how can we trace where he might have gone?

Let's say he did get in a vehicle and met foul play there. Vaguely what I've heard is that it was foggy, which has made most of the CCTV footage not usable/helpful.

Some have suggested a geofence warrant. I doubt a judge would sign off on that. You need evidence that a crime has been committed and it needs to be narrowly tailored. There are probably too many people/cell phones, too much noise.

A judge did sign off on a warrant for the Jason Landry case, which really surprised me, but I guess they could have argued that the area/time being so isolated that it would not constitute unreasonable search. That would not apply here though.

Right. Caleb did not need to go outside for the driver to hand it off. So he went outside for some other reason. The question is: why? And how can we trace where he might have gone?

Let's say he did get in a vehicle and met foul play there. Vaguely what I've heard is that it was foggy, which has made most of the CCTV footage not usable/helpful.

Some have suggested a geofence warrant. I doubt a judge would sign off on that. You need evidence that a crime has been committed and it needs to be narrowly tailored. There are probably too many people/cell phones, too much noise.

A judge did sign off on a warrant for the Jason Landry case, which really surprised me, but I guess they could have argued that the area/time being so isolated that it would not constitute unreasonable search. That would not apply here though.
I mean, we don't necessarily know if that's true. He didn't have to go outside for another reason - he could've simply popped outside to check if the food was there, and someone was waiting for him maybe (unlikely but a possible scenario) - ambushed him (potentially with a gun to make him be quiet and not alert roomies/others), or called his name so he came outside (a friend or acquaintance, etc). this person would have to know he doordashed food, so potentially someone he was messaging with on social media or via text message. maybe he wasn't planning on going anywhere that night and he got surprised by someone. maybe someone was supposed to come over to his house but something went wrong.

(to clarify i am just hypothesizing and guessing based on the limited info we have available to us)

Also - a geofence warrant could at least tell if any phones were turned on/off at the same time and if they traveled anywhere together, imo. i think that fcould be hugely useful in such a case as this.

Questions Ive been thinking about:
I wonder if his roommates will continue to live at the apartment?
I’m surprised the roommates are being extremely tight lipped as it appears none of them have been interviewed, how did they pull that off?
I wonder if Caleb’s car is somewhere being fingerprinted, or did his dad take the car back home?
What happens to all his classes he was registered for this semester? Will he get F’s or Withdraw?
Is Caleb’s clothing still in the apartment or did his parents clear everything out.

Sorry just been thinking about what goes on behinds the scenes when someone goes missing….
What? The cops have interviewed the roommates.

Detectives searched Caleb’s apartment and found no evidence of a struggle, violent act, or any signs that the apartment had been recently deep cleaned. Firearms and fishing gear, including waders, that belonged to Caleb were found in the apartment. A laptop belonging to Caleb was collected and has been turned over to Forensic Computer Examiners within CCPD’s Organized Crime Unit for examination and analysis.

Caleb’s roommates, friends and family members have been extremely cooperative with investigators since the onset of this investigation. Detectives, through a variety of investigative techniques, have completely excluded them as having anything to do with Caleb’s disappearance.

I’m wondering why some think that IF he may have met someone that picked him up he had to have known them? Is it somehow more risky to meet someone for the first time in a vehicle as it might be somewhere both arrive separately especially if that location is not public? Is that some generally accepted boundary that I’m unaware of?

My belief would be that it does appear he got in a vehicle. He may have ordered Uber eats as the ruse for his roommates to understand why he was going outside again. He may have turned off the phone to hide his location. What happened from there is the mystery, but I go with planned assault from perp as there is no arrest. No press conference, no vehicle alert. And I’m concerned.
If anything, most people these days are more cautious of strangers what with the gun violence epidemic in America, the mental illness epidemic, as well as the fentanyl epidemic.

As most know, both mental illness and addiction (whether together or separate) causes many suffering under their grasp to beg, borrow, and steal, whether that be to feed an addiction or to literally feed themselves, and these scenarios can lead to more complex crimes that can be more difficult to solve. These things are as much a problem in Corpus Christi (Nueces County has the highest rate of overdose deaths in the state of Texas) as they are anywhere else in our nation. Nueces County is also experiencing a rising number of suicides - suicide was the third leading cause of death in the Corpus Christi area in 2023.

I think maybe some people feel it is less risky to meet up in a vehicle, but it's just as risky imo. However, I am of the opinion that meeting up alone with anyone that late at night in a place that isn't public is risky unless they are a close and trusted friend or family member who doesn't have any motivation to murder you

It's plausible that Caleb could've met up with someone who secretly had different intentions than he did. MOO. No idea if that is what occurred but definitely a possibility worth discussing.

When I lived in a bigger city, a family friend with the local PD told me to warn my male friends who used dating websites that men were being lured by drug traffickers to "dates" where they simply got robbed for everything they had, sometimes held captive for their ATM card to be used repeatedly, etc. One victim even got killed.... My best friend deleted his apps the next day because he had been getting creepy msgs lately anyways that didn't sit right. Different profiles sending the same addy in a sketchy part of town asking person to "PLEASE" just meet up at this addy. Felt wrong and gross, put a pit in my stomach for sure.

Two weeks or so later we saw in the news a man who was lured via dating site to be robbed!! We reported the address to the cops. I never heard any updates. May go try to look.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat
Back