TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

They might be afraid to tip the suspect off? Just trying to think….
It’s known that contact with strangers met online, whether for hookups or to buy or sell things, can be deadly. I think these types of cases make people think twice, without law enforcement publicly speaking about it….

Yes, yes, and yes. Except it's quite a gamble, maybe, to try and wait a person of interest out unless that individual is under constant surveillance. Other lives could be at risk. And maybe someone is under surveillance; I truly hope someone is.

Because for me, the disappearance of Caleb Harris is so complete that all possible alternatives have fallen away.

No, he didn't plan, finance and execute a departure from his old young life into a shiny new one.
No, he didn't commit suicide.
No, he didn't drown in the drainage culvert.
No, he didn't have a psychotic break and is wandering around unrecognized.
No, he wasn't the victim of a hit and run.
No, he wasn't eaten by an alligator.
<modsnip>

JMO, the remaining possibilities - hookup or predator, or both - are the only viable options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, that helicopter was searching Oso Bay Wetlanda Trail for hours at a time when this first happened. That’s not by chance………somebody knows something. Search for missing Texas A&M student deepens in Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve

If it were me, I would go to those trails at night when folks are “cruising” and I’d flat out ask if my son had been there and if they had seen him lately. Just my opinion.
So just to get it straight, because I don’t know the area: Those trails are known as a ‘cruising’ place?

Yes!!! I agree with all of these observations. Putting myself in their shoes, would I want the world to know my child had issues that could potentially lead someone to believe that’s the reason he is missing???? (Opinion)

(Side bar I pray I am never missing cause I got so much junk in my closet everyone and their momma would be telling all sorts of stories about me and my college days).

The parents have a right to shield their child’s “junk” from the public. HOWEVER if the “junk” is relevant to the case, you might need to share a tad bit more to unlock this case. (Opinion)

Remember, that helicopter was searching Oso Bay Wetlanda Trail for hours at a time when this first happened. That’s not by chance………somebody knows something. Search for missing Texas A&M student deepens in Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve

If it were me, I would go to those trails at night when folks are “cruising” and I’d flat out ask if my son had been there and if they had seen him lately. Just my opinion.
Nicely written. Is the Oso Bay trail near Flour creek?

Yes, yes, and yes. Except it's quite a gamble, maybe, to try and wait a person of interest out unless that individual is under constant surveillance. Other lives could be at risk. And maybe someone is under surveillance; I truly hope someone is.

Because for me, the disappearance of Caleb Harris is so complete that all possible alternatives have fallen away.

No, he didn't plan, finance and execute a departure from his old young life into a shiny new one.
<modsnip>

JMO, the remaining possibilities - hookup or predator, or both - are the only viable options.
I am leaning toward the hookup. He is a strong looking guy, and CH would have been able to put up some sort of resistance, which would have caught some ones attention.

I mean, what are they going to say, “Don’t meet up with strangers you’ve met online?”

Who knows if they’re even at that point. This strikes me as the type of investigation that tends to be quiet for a long time, and then when something does happen, it’ll be like a bomb going off.
I think they should issue a warning if in doubt, especially if they do not know what they are dealing with, a prime example is that LE initially announced that there was no risk to the public after the Idaho murders. They are lucky they got that psycho in time before he struck again. -MOO AND to add to this, the Papa Rogers post (whether or not it was BK posting), states that the murders were described as a 'huge huge adrenaline rush', which gave me pause for thought, is this why serial killers keep killing? Trying to keep this on topic. If there is a possibility of a murder, then there is a possibillity that the murderers could strike again. LE would be better playing it safe than sorry, especially when they don't know what they are dealing with. ALL MOO.

<modsnip-quoted post was removed/not victim friendly>
Classes end on Monday, April 29 and then there are a few days of final exams for those whose classes have exams. A lot of students will likely be leaving for the summer this weekend as they have completed their Spring semester coursework (research papers, projects, etc.)

I hope the roommates were able to complete their semester academic work so as not to lose a year of their studies. There's nothing they could really do in relation to Caleb's being missing and even though it can't be easy, they need to focus on their studies and going forward with life.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed/not victim friendly>

As @Sundog says, it’s a busy time on the calendar for the roommates, and they must try to concentrate on their own lives at this point. I’ve no doubt they are going through an emotionally rough time, and concentrating on the other important things in their lives must be hard.

I mean, even taking care of their little white dog Jenny every day must be a sad reminder of how she was with Caleb before he mysteriously disappeared. I would always be asking the dog, “Where is Caleb, Jenny? What do you know?…” :confused:

MOO

People always ask me, "What can I do to help?"

Please use your platform to raise awareness for #CalebHarris.
I am hopeful from reading this post, as it appears that LE have some sensitive information related to the case. The fact that they have something, anything, gives me hope that they have some leads. The parents previously said that they believe that CH got into a car.

Last edited:
I am hopeful from reading this post, as it appears that LE have some sensitive information related to the case. The fact that they have something, anything gives me hope that they have some leads. The parents previously said that they believe that CH got into a car.
Well they’ve certainly got the right agencies involved, especially with the rangers and feds. The Marshalls one does perplex me though, as any technical abilities they have the FBI would have as well.

So just to get it straight, because I don’t know the area: Those trails are known as a ‘cruising’ place?

There was speculation that CH was posting online for public hookups. JMO but the locations mentioned for those hookups would be well searched by LE. I hope they’ve done ground searches too.

<modsnip>

Yeah, I’m in the same boat. I’ve said from the beginning that there was something big we weren’t being told. At the time, I incorrectly believed that maybe he had some external stressors, and something had happened mentally.

Nothing has happened to further that scenario, and I’m sure that would have come out long ago.

So what are we not being told?

Something that relates to a hookup scenario that unfortunately, involved a predator.

That explains the agencies involved here.

There was speculation that CH was posting online for public hookups. JMO but the locations mentioned for those hookups would be well searched by LE. I hope they’ve done ground searches too.
If the person he was meeting picked him up with a car he could be anywhere. They might have suggested a different location when they met and Caleb agreed.

If the person he was meeting picked him up with a car he could be anywhere. They might have suggested a different location when they met and Caleb agreed.

If he left at 3am, he could've gone to San Antonio, had fun, come back... and still been back in time for his university classes.

Although as he didn't come back, and there is no sign of life, his body could be anywhere in southern Texas.
And I'm guessing there is a lot of land and a lot of nothing between the cities.

I always think of the case of Jason Landry, who also went missing in Texas. His body has never been found.....and LE at least had a rough idea of the area he was in - and there were extensive searches. It just shows you the scale of the problem.

This is exactly what I believe happened. Honestly, I'm resisting the idea of it playing out through a hookup, though, because I don't want to think that Caleb had any role, however naive, in his own demise.
IMO, meeting someone for whatever reason (drugs, sex etc ). doesn't make you a bad person, and you don't contribute to your own demise in doing so.

The other person brings about your demise, if they are nefarious and are a killer.

Many people have hook-ups that are perfectly fine and don't go wrong.

But some don't. It depends who you meet.

But it in no way makes you 'blameworthy' or contributing to you own demise.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back