TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

That was the most surprising piece of information. What in the world was Caleb doing under a bridge with homeless people at that hour? And then he brings the dog back to his apartment then leaves again, unfortunately for the final time
They may have had access to something that he wanted.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO - I find it odd that there is footage of him & his mates on someone’s ring camera early am & yet we’ve heard of no further footage from that same ring camera showing how the dog got back into the apartment (Since dogs can’t open doors, somehow the dog has got back into an apartment that according to CH’s Dad, she had never been to before that night. Someone put the dog back in the apartment, but WHO was it & why isn’t there any further footage of CH or who put the dog back in the apartment on that ring camera?) Surely the ring camera captured more?

IMO - I find it odd that there is footage of him & his mates on someone’s ring camera early am & yet we’ve heard of no further footage from that same ring camera showing how the dog got back into the apartment (Since dogs can’t open doors, somehow the dog has got back into an apartment that according to CH’s Dad, she had never been to before that night. Someone put the dog back in the apartment, but WHO was it & why isn’t there any further footage of CH or who put the dog back in the apartment on that ring camera?) Surely the ring camera captured more?
That camera faced the parking lot, so maybe he came and went out of camera view. I don’t think there is any camera that catches their door.

I also think that any other cameras that may have otherwise caught him, might have been affected by the fog.

It’s frustrating as hell.

I don't think they meant Caleb was under the bridge with homeless people. I think they're two separate things; a possible sighting of Caleb under the bridge with someone, and checking with homeless people to see if they are aware Caleb is missing, if they saw anything, if they have seen him since, etc.
MOO

An eyewitness who may have seen Caleb with others under the bridge around 3:30 am
They didn’t go into detail but witness the described Caleb and others under bridge in detail- if that sighting is credible.
Sighting happened in opposite direction from possible 3:12 am phone ping.
They are working on the homeless population- checking to see if Caleb has been sighted and being sure all are aware of the fact he is missing. They will continue that work with the homeless to try to generate leads.
Caleb’s dad says that he wears size 13 shoes which are harder to find and can be expensive so Caleb really didn’t buy himself shoes (per his dad) and his mom bought him all his shoes so they think he was barefoot still as no shoes are unaccounted for.
All are staying positive that Caleb will be found alive.
Tony Mathias isn’t being paid to assist Caleb’s family- he is helping out of the kindness in his heart.
Those are the main things I took away from the interview.
All IMHO
BBM

I believe the eyewitness said he saw Caleb and the dog near the bridge at 3:30. There was no "others". This is mentioned at around 5:25 into the interview. I didn't hear anything else? Was there something further along in the interview that I missed?

BBM

I believe the eyewitness said he saw Caleb and the dog near the bridge at 3:30. There was no "others". This is mentioned at around 5:25 into the interview. I didn't hear anything else? Was there something further along in the interview that I missed?
If it weren’t for the dog, I would think it was more likely a mistake.

If the bridge sighting was at or around 3:30, wouldn't the Uber driver and the person leaving the complex by car have also spotted Caleb? Or maybe the sighting does come from one of them, but in that case, why is it coming out only now?
Edit: Or I guess they could've been driving to/away from the complex in the other direction, not going towards the bridge.

Last edited:
An eyewitness who may have seen Caleb with others under the bridge around 3:30 am
They didn’t go into detail but witness the described Caleb and others under bridge in detail- if that sighting is credible.
Sighting happened in opposite direction from possible 3:12 am phone ping.
They are working on the homeless population- checking to see if Caleb has been sighted and being sure all are aware of the fact he is missing. They will continue that work with the homeless to try to generate leads.
Caleb’s dad says that he wears size 13 shoes which are harder to find and can be expensive so Caleb really didn’t buy himself shoes (per his dad) and his mom bought him all his shoes so they think he was barefoot still as no shoes are unaccounted for.
All are staying positive that Caleb will be found alive.
Tony Mathias isn’t being paid to assist Caleb’s family- he is helping out of the kindness in his heart.
Those are the main things I took away from the interview.
All IMHO

If they are speaking of the underpass at SPID and Ennis Joslin, shouldn't LE have access to the cameras which are affixed to the traffic signals at that intersection? I know it was foggy but the cameras should pick up figures moving in that vicinity. I'm guessing that the images may be inconclusive or there was nothing to be seen. It would certainly corroborate the witness sighting.

Todd

Todd

LE publicly cleared the Uber driver, correct? But what about the driver of the 2nd vehicle ? IF, CH was looking for a “late night hook up”, then whoever was driving that car would be the most likely suspect. Have they been cleared as well? I’ve not read anything about them. I think LE is busy building a case and someone will be arrested soon. JMO.

LE publicly cleared the Uber driver, correct? But what about the driver of the 2nd vehicle ? IF, CH was looking for a “late night hook up”, then whoever was driving that car would be the most likely suspect. Have they been cleared as well? I’ve not read anything about them. I think LE is busy building a case and someone will be arrested soon. JMO.
Yes, the Uber driver was a woman and has been cleared. I had assumed that the other was as well. I sure hope you’re right in your last sentence.

I don't think they meant Caleb was under the bridge with homeless people. I think they're two separate things; a possible sighting of Caleb under the bridge with someone, and checking with homeless people to see if they are aware Caleb is missing, if they saw anything, if they have seen him since, etc.
MOO

Oh dear. I thought it meant the homeless people under the bridge were the ones who had seen him. Now I'm not sure which one is correct. This is all so confusing.

p.s. there was more later on in the video. I'm still confused, but in different ways now.

Last edited:
How far is this bridge from his apartment block, and would he really walk there without any shoes on?

Or DID he have flip-flops on when he left?
The CCTV doesn't capture him leaving the apartment for the last time, does it?
It only captures him at about midnight going back in with his housemates and dog, and he's not wearing shoes then.

Last edited:
Do you think LE might do a "geo-fence" thing with cellphone signals to the tower to see who else was around the area at the time?

Yeh, I think this is a red herring.
I don't think it was him.
I agree about this red herring

I think the 3:12 am anomaly ping in the opposite direction is the correct direction

I don’t think the group that the eyewitness saw under the bridge at 3:35-3:40am included Caleb and I think the little white dog was a completely different dog

I think that Caleb’s roommate’s girlfriend’s dog was safe in the apartment before Caleb ventured back out around 2:45 am
I don’t think that Caleb returned to the apartment after the 3:40 am bridge sighting to put the dog back and to leave the Uber Eats order outside (rather than throwing it in the fridge)

All IMHO

Yes you missed it or didn’t listen to the whole 48:50 of the interview.
You need to go to 30:30 in the interview.
Tony is talking and says he “ can’t elaborate” but the witness (if credible) “vividly” describes others under the bridge with Caleb (if it’s him) around 3.35-3:40 am

TONY NEVER SAID THESE WERE HOMELESS PEOPLE- just that they were people described by a credible witness who has driven this same route for the past ten years (I’m assuming someone on a night shift who drives this route on the way home nightly)

All IMHO

LOTS OF VALUABLE INFO IN THIS INTERVIEW THAT CAN ANSWER MANY QUESTIONS IMHO
WORTH WATCHING IN ITS ENTIRETY TO CATCH UP ON MOST CURRENT INFO
Thank you!

I agree about this red herring

I think the 3:12 am anomaly ping in the opposite direction is the correct direction

I don’t think the group that the eyewitness saw under the bridge at 3:35-3:40am included Caleb and I think the little white dog was a completely different dog

I think that Caleb’s roommate’s girlfriend’s dog was safe in the apartment before Caleb ventured back out around 2:45 am
I don’t think that Caleb returned to the apartment after the 3:40 am bridge sighting to put the dog back and to leave the Uber Eats order outside (rather than throwing it in the fridge)

All IMHO
I agree; especially because the logistical aspect of the dog getting back into the apartment is not logical.

That was the most surprising piece of information. What in the world was Caleb doing under a bridge with homeless people at that hour? And then he brings the dog back to his apartment then leaves again, unfortunately for the final time

Yes you missed it or didn’t listen to the whole 48:50 of the interview.
You need to go to 30:30 in the interview.
Tony is talking and says he “ can’t elaborate” but the witness (if credible) “vividly” describes others under the bridge with Caleb (if it’s him) around 3.35-3:40 am

TONY NEVER SAID THESE WERE HOMELESS PEOPLE- just that they were people described by a credible witness who has driven this same route for the past ten years (I’m assuming someone on a night shift who drives this route on the way home nightly)

All IMHO

LOTS OF VALUABLE INFO IN THIS INTERVIEW THAT CAN ANSWER MANY QUESTIONS IMHO
WORTH WATCHING IN ITS ENTIRETY TO CATCH UP ON MOST CURRENT INFO
the odd thing about that is how much do see under a bridge as you are driving by? and how much do you see in the fog unless it was patchy fog and there was a clear spot? Not sure what I think about this. Inclined to think that the person saw CH earlier but then if the person commutes regularly, s/he probably has the time down.

the odd thing about that is how much do see under a bridge as you are driving by?
very valid question- I went to google maps and virtually “drove” the route going either direction on Ennis Joslin Rd over the bridge, and in my opinion it would’ve been very difficult to see anyone or anything under the bridge. Obviously there are significant limitations to street view images, but the way the sidewalk turns away from the road when the bridge ends makes “under the bridge” visibility even lower from the roadway (especially from a vehicle) in my opinion.

Headed away from the apartment complex:
IMG_4339.jpeg

Headed toward the apartment complex:
IMG_4341.jpeg

very valid question- I went to google maps and virtually “drove” the route going either direction on Ennis Joslin Rd over the bridge, and in my opinion it would’ve been very difficult to see anyone or anything under the bridge. Obviously there are significant limitations to street view images, but the way the sidewalk turns away from the road when the bridge ends makes “under the bridge” visibility even lower from the roadway (especially from a vehicle) in my opinion.

Headed away from the apartment complex:
View attachment 500728

Headed toward the apartment complex:
View attachment 500729
Thank you for doing this. Factoring in the darkness and the fog, it seems the reported sighting may not be reliable. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristirobots
Back