TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

If Caleb was meeting someone he would have had to communicate with them right up until the pick up. Which means the perp definitvely had a device with them and Caleb's going dark was just lucky. Otherwise they would have seen Caleb's phone moving with an unknown one, right?
I wonder if family publicizing the underpass tip is just a way to keep something in the media while police work through phone data.

Iirc they expanded the search to San Antonio. Why? Looking at the map, San Antonio is quite far away, especially for a quick hook up.

I've also been thinking, that maybe it does not make sense because, well, it does not make sense.

As this topic came up on another thread. It all depends on how to interpret stuff and tbf I don't think it is too likely in his case, but I can also see it going towards a mental break. Not suicide, but some sort of an episode (psychosis, mania, etc). We have a college kid taking a walk late at night who might have had a few drinks before. Maybe he smoked some cannabis during that walk? Does not sound outlandish. But he is right smack middle in the age group and sex of the highest risk of getting a psychotic/manic episode from cannabis. The somewhat odd actions, the walking quite far barefoot, the random bridge photo (for us, of course it might have not been so random to the friend), all that kinda lines up. Given his family background, he probably did not experiment a lot before college, so the timing makes sense. People are known to wander to all kinds of places in the vulnerable state and both the elements and other humans can be deadly, self harm risk is also high. I don't know how likely it would be to exit the area without being caught on any cameras, but I have a feeling it is far from impossible, especially if your actions don't make sense.

Just to throw it out there, as we don't have any confirmation on the predator theory yet.

That's why stigma is a real problem. It can sometimes feel that all this LGBTQ talk is just all over the place, but cases like that make it obvious that even nowadays, stigmas about sex can have very sad results.

If this speculation about a hook-up is what happened, I agree, there is definitely still stigma out there about LGBTQ+, and just hook-ups in general, and it's very unfortunate. There's no telling what a predator could have done in the house, too, though, if they thought possible witnesses were sleeping. The chance would have been lower, though.

From the Corpus Christi Police Department FB page this morning;

“The Corpus Christi Police Department is asking those individuals who believe they see missing person Caleb Harris, to immediately call 911 or the non-emergency line at 361-886-2600. This will allow MetroCom personnel to dispatch officers as soon as possible to investigate the sighting. Individuals with other information or tips should continue to utilize the Caleb Harris Tipline at 361-826-2950 or report the tip anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 361-888-TIPS (888-8477). CCPD Detectives are continuing to diligently investigate the mysterious disappearance of Mr. Harris. Detectives thoroughly evaluate every sighting and tip that comes in and continue to request our community’s assistance in finding this young man.”

I've also been thinking, that maybe it does not make sense because, well, it does not make sense.

As this topic came up on another thread. It all depends on how to interpret stuff and tbf I don't think it is too likely in his case, but I can also see it going towards a mental break. Not suicide, but some sort of an episode (psychosis, mania, etc). We have a college kid taking a walk late at night who might have had a few drinks before. Maybe he smoked some cannabis during that walk? Does not sound outlandish. But he is right smack middle in the age group and sex of the highest risk of getting a psychotic/manic episode from cannabis. The somewhat odd actions, the walking quite far barefoot, the random bridge photo (for us, of course it might have not been so random to the friend), all that kinda lines up. Given his family background, he probably did not experiment a lot before college, so the timing makes sense. People are known to wander to all kinds of places in the vulnerable state and both the elements and other humans can be deadly, self harm risk is also high. I don't know how likely it would be to exit the area without being caught on any cameras, but I have a feeling it is far from impossible, especially if your actions don't make sense.

Just to throw it out there, as we don't have any confirmation on the predator theory yet.
I have never discounted this possibility. Especially with this new 3:40am sighting (which sounds like it was credible but can’t be 100% confirmed). If Caleb was to turn around and go back to his apartment right after this sighting, that would put him arriving home around 4am. Then puts dog inside and leaves again at some point. His last phone/snapchat/UE order was around 2:45 am with the bridge photo shortly thereafter. To me that seems to be a long time as well as getting very late to be killing time waiting for a meetup/food delivery/etc.

From the Corpus Christi Police Department FB page this morning;

“The Corpus Christi Police Department is asking those individuals who believe they see missing person Caleb Harris, to immediately call 911 or the non-emergency line at 361-886-2600. This will allow MetroCom personnel to dispatch officers as soon as possible to investigate the sighting. Individuals with other information or tips should continue to utilize the Caleb Harris Tipline at 361-826-2950 or report the tip anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 361-888-TIPS (888-8477). CCPD Detectives are continuing to diligently investigate the mysterious disappearance of Mr. Harris. Detectives thoroughly evaluate every sighting and tip that comes in and continue to request our community’s assistance in finding this young man.”

Clearly, LE are taking seriously the possibility of sightings of Caleb, even setting up a separate emergency phone line (separate from the "tip" hotline). The family and LE are not ruling out anything at this point, it appears.

If Caleb was meeting someone he would have had to communicate with them right up until the pick up. Which means the perp definitvely had a device with them and Caleb's going dark was just lucky. Otherwise they would have seen Caleb's phone moving with an unknown one, right?
I wonder if family publicizing the underpass tip is just a way to keep something in the media while police work through phone data.

Iirc they expanded the search to San Antonio. Why? Looking at the map, San Antonio is quite far away, especially for a quick hook up.
I don't see it as likely but there is the chance that CH and the other party arranged a pick-up in advance. Maybe they agreed that CH would be picked up at 3 am and this was agreed upon at some earlier hour and the location was previously decided. Like 5 or 6 hours before.

But it is also the year 2024 and we are talking about at least one young man who has a cell phone and uses Snapchat.

As far as the San Antonio angle, I only know there was that second car that left the apartment headed there. But that person was cleared by LE.

Like you, I don't think much of the overpass talk. JMO

DBM already discussed, apologies!

Last edited:
What if the someone he was meeting was a no show, or something was off immediately when they met, and that put Caleb in a mental state to be wandering around alone somewhat later? It doesn't explain what happened in the end and where he is, but it's something. I don't particularly like this theory, it doesn't really mesh with the common attitude around hookup culture ime, but at this point everything's still on the table imo.

So if we take into account the bridge sighting or not, we know Jenny was brought back at some point. Do you think there was possibly something that was outta the norm that Caleb could have left when bringing Jenny back or anything really?
Out walking, met some people potentially made plans went back drop dog off and left again.

I know the roommates etc have been cleared. But it's still always in my head that they called the police FAST.
I just think when I was in college, and we are all different but in people I know from experiences etc. If a couple classes were missed and he hadn't answered his phone by 11am-noon the next day knowing he was up late the night before. I would be concerned and like what the heck? Maybe text or call his parents that evening and ask if they knew of anything or heard from him and then call police?

But totally a case we all react and think different. I just wonder if there is something they may know or LE is still keeping close to them which lead to the roommates calling the police quickly imo. And I understand having his vehicle, belongings at the apartment. Knowing he didnt go to class? Are all very odd things, and would raise suspicion.

And just obviously totally happy they did call as fast as they did! Knowing what we know now it was so important to get that fast start on these cases.

Or am i totally wrong?

So if we take into account the bridge sighting or not, we know Jenny was brought back at some point. Do you think there was possibly something that was outta the norm that Caleb could have left when bringing Jenny back or anything really?
Out walking, met some people potentially made plans went back drop dog off and left again.

I know the roommates etc have been cleared. But it's still always in my head that they called the police FAST.
I just think when I was in college, and we are all different but in people I know from experiences etc. If a couple classes were missed and he hadn't answered his phone by 11am-noon the next day knowing he was up late the night before. I would be concerned and like what the heck? Maybe text or call his parents that evening and ask if they knew of anything or heard from him and then call police?

But totally a case we all react and think different. I just wonder if there is something they may know or LE is still keeping close to them which lead to the roommates calling the police quickly imo. And I understand having his vehicle, belongings at the apartment. Knowing he didnt go to class? Are all very odd things, and would raise suspicion.

And just obviously totally happy they did call as fast as they did! Knowing what we know now it was so important to get that fast start on these cases.

Or am i totally wrong?

Yes, I was thinking much the same as you, as I noted in an older post of mine.

how much would Caleb share with such long-time friends about his ‘dating’ habits and related things of that nature? Do college-age men and women talk openly amongst themselves about such things?

I think something that draws me into this case, is he reminds me a lot of my best friend in college. In so many ways, I innocently found an account he had on a website using a different name etc. I never confronted him about it, it wasn't my business. But if yall are really close, live together, hang out etc I think it's possible to know your friends without as much of a filter.
In college sometimes on Saturday night at 9PM my friend would tell his parents he was studying all night for a big test on Monday. In reality we our friends had been drinking and we all planned to party etc.

MAY 3, 2024
Saturday marks two months since a college student from New Braunfels vanished on a foggy March morning.

[...]

The CCPD has ruled out Caleb’s friends, family members and roommates as suspects in Caleb’s disappearance. Their investigation is now focused on digital data. Police say they have conducted 16 electronic search warrants, issued 14 subpoenas for electronic data, and combed through over 600 GBs of information.

Leaning on his faith and family, Randall prays he will see Caleb soon.

“We have a $50,000 reward; that’s a lot of money,” he said. “Hopefully if someone truly sees him or knows where he is at, they will take advantage of that reward.”

Just curious if anyone else finds it interesting that the recent statement from the Corpus Christi police department seems to focus on sightings of Caleb? It also encourages tips of any kind, but makes me wonder if they are getting reports of sightings that have been hard to confirm?

For me, the disappearance of Caleb Harris is so complete that all possible alternatives have fallen away.

No, he didn't plan, finance and execute a departure from his old young life into a shiny new one.
No, he didn't commit suicide.
No, he didn't drown in the drainage culvert.
No, he didn't have a psychotic break and is wandering around unrecognized.
No, he wasn't the victim of a hit and run.
No, he wasn't eaten by an alligator.

JMO, the remaining possibilities - hookup or predator, or both - are the only viable options.

Just replying to my own old post because I've realized there's one more possible alternative explanation for Caleb's disappearance that I didn't think to include.

Hoax.

For some inexplicable reason, it came to mind when I was reading yesterday's CCPD Facebook thing about reporting any sightings of Caleb.

JMO, this case keeps getting stranger.

Just curious if anyone else finds it interesting that the recent statement from the Corpus Christi police department seems to focus on sightings of Caleb? It also encourages tips of any kind, but makes me wonder if they are getting reports of sightings that have been hard to confirm?
I interpret it to mean they suspect he's alive, possibly being held somewhere against his will or being transported. My opinion only.

Reading the CCPD’s words: “The Corpus Christi Police Department is asking those individuals who believe they see missing person Caleb Harris, to immediately call 911 or the non-emergency line at 361-886-2600. This will allow MetroCom personnel to dispatch officers as soon as possible to investigate the sighting.”

I’m thinking that the other tip lines have such numerous tips that are slow to weed through, and calling the MetroCom personnel will get a more immediate response.

I think I recall (or am I mistaken?) that that latest tip of the believed sighting of Caleb with the dog under the overpass at SPID and Paul Jones was sent in to one of the tip lines quite some time ago, but wasn’t seemingly addressed until the one who reported it found another way to reach out more directly to the family. Maybe that’s what prompted this. JMO

MAY 3, 2024
Saturday marks two months since a college student from New Braunfels vanished on a foggy March morning.

[...]

The CCPD has ruled out Caleb’s friends, family members and roommates as suspects in Caleb’s disappearance. Their investigation is now focused on digital data. Police say they have conducted 16 electronic search warrants, issued 14 subpoenas for electronic data, and combed through over 600 GBs of information.

Leaning on his faith and family, Randall prays he will see Caleb soon.

“We have a $50,000 reward; that’s a lot of money,” he said. “Hopefully if someone truly sees him or knows where he is at, they will take advantage of that reward.”
From the link:
“According to Randall, the eyewitness believes he saw Caleb walking barefoot with the dog at about 3:40 a.m. The potential sighting was near a bridge about a mile from the apartment complex.”

I thought, from one of the interviews, that the father said the eyewitness could not recall if the young man he saw which might be Caleb was barefooted or not. Is this an error in reporting?

From the link:
“According to Randall, the eyewitness believes he saw Caleb walking barefoot with the dog at about 3:40 a.m. The potential sighting was near a bridge about a mile from the apartment complex.”

I thought, from one of the interviews, that the father said the eyewitness could not recall if the young man he saw which might be Caleb was barefooted or not. Is this an error in reporting?
Quoting my post to add:
I located on the this video‘s transcript where it is said the witness was not able to recall if the young man he saw had shoes on or not:

starting from 29:40 in the video:

“Randy um that was the one thing that he couldn't answer uh whether he was barefooted or was shoes you you got to realize that that night was just an epic foggy night uh the The Fog had rolled in and it's right there on on the coastline and uh so you know he he explained him in pretty good detail but that was the one thing Tony correct me if I'm wrong we did ask was he wearing shoes or not and he could not answer that honest you know he just couldn't answer it yeah he didn't he didn't actually uh he didn't actually notice if he was or wasn't and I know there's been a lot of conversation about this guy and his credibility when I tell you that this guy was very Vivid with what he saw and I can't elaborate on that but there was other people under the bridge and he was just as Vivid with the description of them as he was of Caleb”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost
Back