TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Imo yes a 13 you can find at any shoe store. Yeah, its a larger foot but nothing CRAZY. When you get to like 15 I would say its gonna be harder to find shoes. And yeah I think saying that "I know all of his shoes", he's a 21 year old grown man who has lived at school for at least 3 years, I think it's naive to believe you know every single pair of shoes their son could own. I think he had shoes on, jmo. Even though it's your child, they are still an adult and you don't know everything about a person just what they choose to show you.

My son wears a size 12 and they are not hard to find. Nikes go up to size 15. And a grown man has his parents buy every single pair of shoes for him?? I’m not buying what his dad is selling. I absolutely think he had shoes on.
Thinking on it, the parents probably mean that Caleb always buys his shoes online, and since the purchases are made on their credit card account, they feel confident because they see on the statements what was purchased.

I’m remembering the discussion we had earlier about Caleb having vs not having much cash on him, and maybe he charges everything and rarely pays cash.

Perhaps he often buys only name-brand fishing type wear. I am recalling that Caleb’s teal pants were said to be Simms brand, so maybe with footwear he also likes to buy from brands known for fishing or outdoor wear.

JMO

I too am leaning away from the sighting being valid. Did this witness just come forward? I mean, the doorbell/ring camera footage with him and the other two guys (roommate and friend) collecting the dog near the apartment came out over a month ago. Lots of vivid details about what he was wearing, what the dog looks like, etc. are in that doorbell/ring cam video. And....I agree with you...why would he go that far at that time of night/morning walking a little poodle? And, it isn't even his poodle.

What I am a little confused about in my own logic (lol) is I don't want to believe someone would do that. And, I am still curious what the secret information is that his father is not to reveal.

This could very well be genuine. Unfortunately a lot of attention seekers report sightings and make the facts fit the description. The dog...

What I can't wrap my head around is that this is a good looking, personable young man from a strong Christian background (school, church and community) and he has to resort to hook ups in the middle of the night. As mentioned above he has been at that college for three years and yet there has been no comments from anyone about previous girlfriends etc. I find it hard to believe his social circle is childhood friends and fishing only. MOO MOO MOO

What I can't wrap my head around is that this is a good looking, personable young man from a strong Christian background (school, church and community) and he has to resort to hook ups in the middle of the night. As mentioned above he has been at that college for three years and yet there has been no comments from anyone about previous girlfriends etc. I find it hard to believe his social circle is childhood friends and fishing only. MOO MOO MOO
I guess that’s the danger of the internet and social media. He wanted to keep that aspect private, and had found a way to do so, but of course it was dangerous. Yes, he’s good looking, intelligent, could easily have dated whatever the orientation.

Imo yes a 13 you can find at any shoe store. Yeah, its a larger foot but nothing CRAZY. When you get to like 15 I would say its gonna be harder to find shoes. And yeah I think saying that "I know all of his shoes", he's a 21 year old grown man who has lived at school for at least 3 years, I think it's naive to believe you know every single pair of shoes their son could own. I think he had shoes on, jmo. Even though it's your child, they are still an adult and you don't know everything about a person just what they choose to show you.
Plus, kids swap their things around or wear-borrow each others clothing/guitars/fishing reels, etc. Someone could have crashed on the couch in the apartment for a few days and left things behind when they moved on.

My son spent years in the campus/apartment/inn lifestyle with young people his own age. It was much more fluid than what would have been comfortable for my little cross-every-T and dot-every-I world. We shared a bank account and credit card, but were not joined at the hip.

Parents just don't know every thread nor shoe their child owns or may choose to wear. I would guess, though, in this case, IF a pair of shoes were missing, the roommates would have spoken up by now.

What I can't wrap my head around is that this is a good looking, personable young man from a strong Christian background (school, church and community) and he has to resort to hook ups in the middle of the night.

I think the missing piece here is the possibility that he didn’t ‘resort’ to this, he liked it, and may have preferred it.

Size 13 everything is available at Academy from Crocs, Flip Flops, slide on sandals, mud boots, work boots, everything. It's not hard to find. Saying that because size 13 is hard to find for the reasoning behind him possibly being barefoot doesn't seem to be a valid reason. I'd assume he was at least wearing flip flops or Crocs like everyone else in CC.

Size 13 everything is available at Academy from Crocs, Flip Flops, slide on sandals, mud boots, work boots, everything. It's not hard to find. Saying that because size 13 is hard to find for the reasoning behind him possibly being barefoot doesn't seem to be a valid reason. I'd assume he was at least wearing flip flops or Crocs like everyone else in CC.
Stores may have size 13 "available". But size 13 is actually difficult for young men because what's in the stores is not always what they want to wear. My son wears a size 13 and it is always so tough to find him shoes that he actually likes and will wear. Also....even when a store carries that size they will only have a few select styles in size 13 and they sell out quickly. It actually has been an ongoing struggle to find shoes for my son since he hit size 13. Another problem is that some places charge more for the larger sizes. My son is 6'2" , lean and muscular and some size 13 shoes are too wide.....made for a heavier man. I totally agree with Caleb's Dad. It really is tougher than people realize.

Might have had shoes, might not have. I do know guys who have work boots, dress boots, athletic slides, sneakers, and that's it. Four pairs of shoes, the end. And if they went missing and those four pairs were left behind, I'd put money on them being barefoot rather than having had more shoes no one remembered. It's not *that* unusual for a guy.

I'm in the camp of the first example.
I think #1 and #3 are related.

Like MassGuy, I agree there's a big piece of the puzzle missing, by design. I also wonder about the US Marshals inclusion in the investigation. Not being an American I usually relate US Marshal involvement as chasing down fugitives. Mostly from movies. So who's the fugitive?

I was also wondering about the XBox. I thought it was just for playing games but you can converse with others, in group chats, too. The only account that has been suggested as being Caleb's is the Reddit account. Not verified since I believe it was found by a civilian not LE. Could they have other information from Caleb's XBox that is driving the investigation?
If CH did meet someone for a hook up, what if he met up with someone who turned out to be a known quantity, someone from the university.

I think the missing piece here is the possibility that he didn’t ‘resort’ to this, he liked it, and may have preferred it.
and perhaps we should also keep in mind that a "hook up" is just one suggestion from folks here for maybe why he was out and about at that hour. We've seen a number of possibilities suggested, but we don't really know what was going on with him.

I think #1 and #3 are related.

Like MassGuy, I agree there's a big piece of the puzzle missing, by design. I also wonder about the US Marshals inclusion in the investigation. Not being an American I usually relate US Marshal involvement as chasing down fugitives. Mostly from movies. So who's the fugitive?

I was also wondering about the XBox. I thought it was just for playing games but you can converse with others, in group chats, too. The only account that has been suggested as being Caleb's is the Reddit account. Not verified since I believe it was found by a civilian not LE. Could they have other information from Caleb's XBox that is driving the investigation?
If CH did meet someone for a hook up, what if he met up with someone who turned out to be a known quantity, someone from the university.

He's near the border with Mexico. The U.S. Marshals may be on board based on their tech expertise, but also because of the proximity to the border.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remsfled
Back