TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for dad's opinion that Caleb wouldn't go walking outside the complex at that time of night, it's obvious he did if one considers the location of the bridge "outside the complex." I think he met someone right there.
I also think he met someone right there. The question is, was it a voluntary or involuntary encounter?

Either way, if he ended up in a vehicle, the search area widens to incalculable, IMO, in terms of both distance and time.

I also think he met someone right there. The question is, was it a voluntary or involuntary encounter?

Either way, if he ended up in a vehicle, the search area widens to incalculable, IMO, in terms of both distance and time.
I’m convinced it was voluntary. You just don’t see guys his age being abducted off the street.

So he agrees to a meetup, likely with someone he’s never met before, and things go sideways really fast.

I say that because his phone apparently turned off, but things may be different if he turned it off to avoid someone he knew having access to his location.

The encounter may have begun as fully voluntary and consensual, until either something went wrong, or the other person revealed nefarious intentions. So there was no apartment complex cctv active, no one had ring cams or car cams or anything in the vicinity where they can capture vehicle or license plate? Or did the fog obscure it?

If it was a hook up gone wrong, an accident, wouldn't the body have been discovered by now? Wouldn't most people in a situation like this absolutely panic and want to get rid of the body as soon as possible? Thus making it easier to find if this was an accidental death.

If it was a hook up gone wrong, an accident, wouldn't the body have been discovered by now? Wouldn't most people in a situation like this absolutely panic and want to get rid of the body as soon as possible? Thus making it easier to find if this was an accidental death.
Exactly. That’s why I’m not a fan of that theory. In rare cases a coverup does happen, but for that reason and others, I don’t believe any sort of accident happened here.

I think this was purely intentional.

maybe? What I have trouble with, is there is no history if this type of thing happening, and if it was a hook up gone wrong, it feels pretty extreme. what could have happened? I was just thinking of anyone who could have that much heat/passion, granted I have no idea where he is or if hes just hiding out? Trying to be as neutral as I can. its tough

Exactly. That’s why I’m not a fan of that theory. In rare cases a coverup does happen, but for that reason and others, I don’t believe any sort of accident happened here.

I think this was purely intentional.
OK I think I understand now, a hook up with a planned ending? I am with that, but who and why? Thats what I was trying to think of.

Hmm, I don't think a serial killer would panic, especially if Caleb was drugged.

maybe? What I have trouble with, is there is no history if this type of thing happening, and if it was a hook up gone wrong, it feels pretty extreme. what could have happened? I was just thinking of anyone who could have that much heat/passion, granted I have no idea where he is or if hes just hiding out? Trying to be as neutral as I can. its tough
It’s possible that he left deliberately with someone and is now too embarrassed to come forward. However, you’d think they would have located him by now if that were the case.

That’s why as @MassGuy says it’s likely that someone posed as a hook up, but was intending to kill.

If a serial killer, that would be entirely different than an accidental event during a hook up. The latter would not want to keep a body around for very long, I am assuming.
If it was accidental with a cover up, it’s possible that the person may have driven to an area that law enforcement are unaware of. If they needed to, they could have driven for 12+ hours.
This case is very perplexing, and I hope there’s a break soon.

Last edited:
For an impulsive, spur of the moment murder, yes.

For an intentional, premeditated murder? No. That would likely mean that the body is probably concealed..

It’s a possibility. I hope law enforcement can get a lot of digital information from his devices leading up to his disappearance.
Yes. Me too.

Unfortunately, as we who follow true crime have seen, this can potentially take a long time.

For example, in Ben’s case, LE told us on January 4, 2024, that they have a person (or people) of interest, charges WOULD be filed, but that they first had to comb through all digital data, phone data/records, etc.

We are still waiting. **sigh**

Let us hope this case is solved more quickly than Ben’s murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal