TX TX - Chalice Welch, 24, Irving, 2 Feb 2024

What are the two local bad news areas? Just for reference… so I know where to stroll on google maps
Google down on the map to Northwest Highway east of 75 and look for the big Half Price Books flagship store (a must stop if you are in that part of the Metroplex).

Then move north. The area north of the Half Price Books flagship store on the east side of the '75 gets into the "iffy" category fast. Keep going north and the The Vickery Meadows neighborhood then moves from "iffy" to downright dangerous.

Some small areas by the hospital area off of Walnut Hill have starter gentrifciation, but the area as a whole stays "iffy" as you move east towards the Skillman and Abrams intersections with 635.

Go south on Skillman from 635 (address given) and the area plummets from "iffy" to dangerous. Going south on Abrams from 635 is at least iffy, but also very likely drops into the dangerous category as well.

As you go further south on Abrams and Skillman, the areas move from dangerous back to iffy until you come to some gentrified areas around Abrams and Loop 12.

Honestly, with the exception of some gentrified parcels, the whole vast area from Half Price books east to Abrams / Skillman, then north to 635 and east of the 75 can be called "bad news potential".

Last edited:
Google down on the map to Northwest Highway east of 75 and look for the big Half Price Books flagship store (a must stop if you are in that part of the Metroplex).

Then move north. The area north of the Half Price Books flagship store on the east side of the '75 gets into the "iffy" category fast. Keep going and the The Vickery Meadows neighborhood then moves from "iffy" to downright dangerous.

Some small areas by the hospital area off of Walnut Hill have starter gentrifciation, but the area as a whole stays "iffy" as you move east towards the Skillman and Abrams intersections with 635.

Go south on Skillman from 635 (address given) and the area plummets from "iffy" to dangerous. Going south on Abrams from 635 is at least iffy, but also very likely drops into the dangerous category as well.

As you go further south on Abrams and Skillman, the areas move from dangerous to iffy until you come to some gentrified areas around Abrams and Loop 12.

Honestly, with the exception of some gentrified parcels, the whole vast area from Half Price books east to Abrams, then north to 635 and east of the 75 can be called "bad news potential".
Thank you so much for the details… truly appreciate it. Although it did make my heart sink. I hope she is found soon

I

Then move north. The area north of the Half Price Books flagship store on the east side of the '75 gets into the "iffy" category fast. Keep going north and the The Vickery Meadows neighborhood then moves from "iffy" to downright dangerous.

As you go further south on Abrams and Skillman, the areas move from dangerous back to iffy until you come to some gentrified areas around Abrams and Loop 12.

Honestly, with the exception of some gentrified parcels, the whole vast area from Half Price books east to Abrams / Skillman, then north to 635 and east of the 75 can be called "bad news potential

Honestly, with the exception of some gentrified parcels, the whole vast area from Half Price books east to Abrams / Skillman, then north to 635 and east of the 75 can be called "bad news potential".
As a local-ish, this is so accurate. Very great and pin point description of the area. I moved to SW FTW area now, but grew up around that area. I was in HS doing silly irresponsible things in that area. Lessons were learned and I was a lucky one.

The father eluded to he had reason to believe that she may have been trafficked. Hopefully there's an update soon.
At least that gives hope that she is alive, however she's 24. The average age a child is trafficked into the commercial sex trade is between 11 and 14 years old. Traffickers and/or pimps commonly recruit potential victims who are either economically or socially vulnerable. These include women and girls who are susceptible to poverty, societal isolation, drug addiction, violence in the family, a history of child sexual abuse, family dysfunction, school failure, or a history of criminal behavior. (McClain NM, Garrity SE. Sex trafficking and the exploitation of adolescents. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2011;40:243–252. [PubMed] ) I don' see Chalice really fitting into these categories from what we've seen in the media, a young loving mother with loving parents of her own (my opinion of course).

No experience with NaMUS, are posted last seen locations frequently wrong?

Yes. Unless somebody has taken the time to enter the precise location in the file, which very few LE do, the location will default to something nearby, like the center of town or a major intersection. Sometimes it seems random.

I don't know about this one though. It doesn't seem like the kind of location the map usually defaults to.

The article in the thread states she was seen leaving with an "unknown man" but family members on Facebook have released more detailed information including the name of the person who was giving her a ride (not a POI and not verified so not linking or naming, just check comments for some interesting info).

Commenting to bump this up.

The difference between how this versus the Christina Morris disappearance was handled is shocking, despite the similar situations.

See the comment above about social media. There's an address associated with the NAMUS zip code ( 75231 ) posted by Chalice's father around February 11th, and the type of location that it is.

If it comes out whenever the records for this case can be FOIA'd that the Dallas police did NOT request the security footage from that location, or luminol that location and the car that she was last known to be in, we all should be deeply disgusted with them.

Related: Washington Post Maps Unsolved Dallas Murders Note that little orange area highlighted to the Northeast of University Park? That's exactly where the NAMUS-listed zip code is.

Last edited:
Commenting to bump this up.

The difference between how this versus the Christina Morris disappearance was handled is shocking, despite the similar situations.

See the comment above about social media. There's an address associated with the NAMUS zip code ( 75231 ) posted by Chalice's father around February 11th, and the type of location that it is.

If it comes out whenever the records for this case can be FOIA'd that the Dallas police did NOT request the security footage from that location, or luminol that location and the car that she was last known to be in, we all should be deeply disgusted with them.

Related: Washington Post Maps Unsolved Dallas Murders Note that little orange area highlighted to the Northeast of University Park? That's exactly where the NAMUS-listed zip code is.
From what I personally know following this case, there's new video information in the last month.
What happens from there I have no idea.

The address associated with the NAMUS zip code is very interesting.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family as they navigate this difficult time.

From what I personally know following this case, there's new video information in the last month.
What happens from there I have no idea.

The address associated with the NAMUS zip code is very interesting.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family as they navigate this difficult time.
Can you share any details about the potential new video information?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201
Back