TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again Missie-
Thinking of you today and the great news that the NCMEC is doing the age-progression! Look how far this has come in a few months...good job to you and your sisters!
Can you tell me again in what year your mother passed away? And what was her age? Is the grandmother you keep in touch with there in Killeen your mother's natural mother? If so, submit a photo of your grandmother also, at the age to which they are progressing Deanna.
Good night,

Hi again Missie-
Thinking of you today and the great news that the NCMEC is doing the age-progression! Look how far this has come in a few months...good job to you and your sisters!
Can you tell me again in what year your mother passed away? And what was her age? Is the grandmother you keep in touch with there in Killeen your mother's natural mother? If so, submit a photo of your grandmother also, at the age to which they are progressing Deanna.
Good night,

Hello there, Sloane:blowkiss:. You have such good questions and thoughts about Deanna's case and others. You rock, friend! I am so glad you are here:).

I just got home from the salt mines, Missie:). I hope your day and evening went well in all ways.

Lion

Missie, I've been following this thread, and I just wanted to come out of lurk mode and tell you that you're doing a great job of looking for your sister--I hope you find her! I think NCMEC doing an age progression is a fabulous step in the right direction, and hopefully will break the case.

I'm curious--have you tried googling any names that Deanna might have changed hers to? For instance, a combination of any family names she might have used instead of her own? Were there any names that she liked? (You might have to ask your older sisters about this, I guess.) That might be a place to start looking. If she did change her name, it could be a totally random one, I guess, but maybe she used an assumed name that was familiar to her.

I wonder what kind of research that you could do with the Social Security Administration, as well. If she changed her name, surely she'd have to report it to the SS Admin. (although I think I read earlier that someone already researched her SS# and there was no activity. Is that correct?) So if there were no hits, then maybe she did that thing where you pull someone's name out of the obituaries and get a copy of your birth certificate, and in that case it might be difficult to find out what name she used. (Of course, you could always go back into the Killeen newspaper's archives and research that!)

Sorry for the rambling post--I'm brainstorming. I think that if she's alive out there and works, she has to have a social security number, right? (Although...I guess not necessarily. But I think your life and your options for employment would be severely limited without one.)

There are some excellent researchers here at Websleuths, and I know we'll all put our heads together to try to find her.

Thank you for your questions Aphra!! I will try to answer as many as possible.
I have tried googling her name and anycombos I could think of and fond nothing of relevence. Sgt. Davis did a search on her SSN and came up with nothing. I'm not sure if she would have been looking in the obits at such a young age inorder to assume a name-but she very well might have later on, and that is a very good theory!! I'm not sure where I would even begin with investigating that...Please come back and offer up any suggestions you may have, they are greatly appreciated!

Sloane-I'm gonna have Amy ask our Grandma about a picture of herself, I know none of us have ones of her at such a young age.
My Mother Died 2-20-2002 she was one week shy of 45.\

Lion!:blowkiss: I hope your day was good!!

Good Morning, Missie:). Best to you in finding answers to the questions posed above, which are all great idea!

Lion

Missie, I think that researching possible aliases that Deanna could have used by taking someone's name from an obituary would be...not easy, exactly, but not impossible. The key question here is: where does Sgt. Davis think that Deanna was living in 1995? Was she in Killeen, or somewhere else? If he was able to track her to October 1995 and then the trail disappeared, that would be the place to start. She was what, 18 years old in 1995? So you figure she'd be looking for the obituary of an 18 year old (or someone around that age) who had died recently enough for the paperwork to have not made it back to the Social Security Administration. (I think that's how this works; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm admittedly not a master of identity masking. To be honest, I got this theory from a Jennifer Lopez movie. :) )

This is all dependent on whether or not we know where Deanna lived in 1995, and whether Sgt. Davis can give you that information. If he doesn't know, or he won't give out the info, then you're just searching for a needle in a haystack (but being the eternal optimist that I am, I would search the Killeen and Cave City newspapers since 1995 just in case).

This case just haunts me. I think that there's a very real possibility that she's out there and could be found. I don't care if she doesn't want to be found--the least she can do, if she's alive, is let you know that she's okay!

Aphra- Sgt. Davis has not told me where he thinks she was in 1995, but I think I have a pretty good idea. Since he hasn't told me I have to assume he wants to keep that info quiet, but I will see if I can start researching this possibility, it is a very good theory and I really do appreciate it!!

no problem! Good luck. I hope you find answers.

Okay, so looking up obits hasn't been very easy. Most online newspaper sites want you to pay to look at archived obituaries, and there are tons of them in the general area where she might be.

Okay, so looking up obits hasn't been very easy. Most online newspaper sites want you to pay to look at archived obituaries, and there are tons of them in the general area where she might be.

Just a humble opinion here, but she probably wouldn't have paid to read them either.... so shouldn't that narrow the search down, if anything?

Good luck!

Okay,lol-let me clarify-she wouldn't have had to pay if she were looking for a recent death in order to assume the identity. Hypothetical-if she decided in 1996 that she should assume someone's identity, she could grab a newspaper that day or go online, and look for people in her age range that died recently. Those 1996 obituaries are now considered "archived" and you have to pay to look at them online.

Duh! I'm sorry Missie, I didn't think about that. Ehm... it was early when I posted? LOL
I guess I just saw a little sparkle of light and latched on to it...

:blowkiss: LOL, it's okay JanetElaine. I'm surprised that I can even form complete sentences on here, considering how late it usually is when I actually have time to get on..Deanna is also on ProjectJason.org faces of missing loved ones now-yippee!!!
http://projectjason.org/faces/gallery2embedded.php?g2_itemId=528

Hi there, Missie:blowkiss:. I hope you are doing okay and getting some rest every now and again. Good luck on your search through past obits! It is possible that she took another name when she turned 18 or even after that.

I think its wonderful that Deanna is now on ProjectJason.org faces of missing loved ones! Kelly is a good person who is doing such good things for the missing.

Lion

(((((((LION))))))) I haven't seen you on lately. You're not back to that awful work schedule again are you?!

(((((((LION))))))) I haven't seen you on lately. You're not back to that awful work schedule again are you?!

Hi Missie:blowkiss:. I am still here, but I haven't posted much because I have been pretty busy. How are you doing? I imagine if you had updates you would let us know, but I hope all is progressing in the search for Deanna. What can I do to help you?

Lion

Okay,lol-let me clarify-she wouldn't have had to pay if she were looking for a recent death in order to assume the identity. Hypothetical-if she decided in 1996 that she should assume someone's identity, she could grab a newspaper that day or go online, and look for people in her age range that died recently. Those 1996 obituaries are now considered "archived" and you have to pay to look at them online.

Missie, have you tried the usenet group alt.obituaries?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.obituaries/topics?lnk=srg

It's free, and you can search within the group for 1996, or any other relevant keywords.

I also have a subscription to the newspaper archive website, so let me know if there's anything specific I can search for on there :)

Are you trying to get her on NCMEC? I would volunteer to do a California Kids poster for my site, but if she's going to be on there she no longer qualifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror