TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she is already on the NCMEC, but thank you for the offer forthelost!!!

Gina, I went to that link and tried searching "1995" only obits to famous people came up- am I doing something wrong?

Things are much better for me today Lion. Thank you for asking!

I'm still wondering how long it takes on average for the ageprogression. Does anyone here have any experience in that?

Good to hear this, Missie:). J2mirish was asking how you were on your other thread just a bit ago as well.

I don't know how long it might take to do an age progression. I think once the artist/technician has all of the info it shouldn't take very long. Maybe you can call Sgt. Davis soon if you don't hear anything, and you can ask him for a copy. Good luck, friend.

Lion

Missie, sorry you haven't been having much luck...thank goodness Gina came along with the alt.obituaries link! Another possibility--your local library wouldn't have archived newspapers from the city where you think she was, would they? You might be able to search on microfiche although that would be a huge pain! Alternately, you might approach the newspaper itself. Since Deanna is officially listed as a missing person, they might be willing to give you free access to their site or have the newspaper librarian (if the newspaper has a librarian) help you search.

Gina, I went to that link and tried searching "1995" only obits to famous people came up- am I doing something wrong?

Hi Missie,

I hadn't spent too much time there previously, so I went and checked just now and it does seem to be mainly people of some notoriety. I will keep checking there and in the newspaper archives though :)

Thank you Gina, I really do appreciate all of your help. I'm going to try emailing Sgt.Davis tomorrow and ask about how the age progression is coming along.

Missie - in the quest for a possible "new" name for DeAnna - what are the chances that she is using your mother's maiden name? or your Grandmother's or a combination of their middle names and maiden names?

It seems by using a maiden name, they would still have a link to their past, and yet they would be very hard to trace?

Good luck in your search. My prayers are with you and DeAnna!

Salem

Missie - in the quest for a possible "new" name for DeAnna - what are the chances that she is using your mother's maiden name? or your Grandmother's or a combination of their middle names and maiden names?

It seems by using a maiden name, they would still have a link to their past, and yet they would be very hard to trace?

Good luck in your search. My prayers are with you and DeAnna!

Salem

Hi there Salem:). I hope all is well with you. Great suggestion for possible last names Deanna may have chosen if she is still alive(or was in 1995).

Hey Missie:blowkiss:. I hope you get a response from Sgt. Davis concerning to status of Deanna's age progression.

Lion

Missie, how's everything going? I hope you're doing well.

I don't remember how it came up, but I was discussing this case with my boyfriend tonight and we were brainstorming possible scenarios regarding Deanna. One thing that he mentioned was that normally (and I didn't even think about this; he reads way too many detective novels!) when a person searches the obituaries for a new identity, the optimal way to do it is to find someone your age from your town who died in infancy--therefore you'd need to go back to your town's newspaper during the year of your birth and do it that way. That's another--and probably better--angle to research. I know that doesn't help you vis-a-vis having to pay to research, but frankly, I'd be very willing to kick in a few dollars to a Paypal fund to help you out with that. I'm sure that this could get very expensive!

You could probably narrow it down (and thereby lessen the cost) by just searching the months around Deanna's birthday. I also think that any newspaper worth its salt would let you look in their archives for free, considering the cause.

Another thing that my bf brought up, which I thought was an excellent idea: did Deanna have footprints taken when she was born? Could those be run against a database of some sort, like DNA is?

Just some more thoughts!

Hi everyone. Thank you for all of your great ideas. I'm sorry I haven't been posting much-but I have been very busy handling things in my home so unfortunately, there hasn't been much time for research.
As far as the last name-our Mother's maiden name was Merryfield and even when she married she did not take our stepdad's last name. I believe our Grandmothers last name is Varner-but I will have to check to make sure. I'm off tomorrow and I will try to work on a few things then.

Oh, man. Looking on zabasearch, I found a Michelle Varner (using Deanna's middle name and your grandmother's maybe-last-name) in Michigan who was born in Mar. 1977--but Deanna's birthday is February. Oh well. Close.

I understand it is a long shot to search for possible names that Deanna may have chosen for a remotely possible new identity. I imagine she would want to get the birth time close, but I also think she would not be too picky about the month. I think most would take the best they can get. Better to have the general age close than the the birth month.

Lion

I emailed Sgt. Davis at the beginning of the month for an update. He was just now able to get back to me. He has interviewed a few more of our relatives and is going out of town to interview 2 more people (he did not say who). He got a picture from our Grandma and was kind enough to think of sharing it with us. This brought tears to my eyes-to see us all together with our Grandma and our cousin Randy. Unfortunately, I don't remember when it is from.
I feel awful because I have not had much time to spend on Deanna's case but I'm okay with it now because I know Sgt. Davis is still working hard on it. I'm not sure about the Michelle Varner Aphra found. Thank you for working so hard on that Aphra!! I was given the impression that she has not left the state of Texas.
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s65/missiemt/?action=view&current=Merryfield0001.jpg

Missie, I am glad for you that Sgt. Davis was kind and shared that precious picture with you. I understand why you haven't spent lots of time on finding Deanna lately. You have lots on your plate, and we understand that.

Thanks for the update concerning Sgt. Davis' search for and interviews of your relatives. Let's hope that some leads come from this.

Lion

Missie~
Just a note to let you know that I am thinking of you during the Holidays and that I hope you find some peace to fill your heart this Christmas. I know it has been a horribly difficult year for you in so many ways and let's pray next year will find you in a much better framework of life.

Hang in there, Sistah! You are one strong and wonderful person.

I will keep you and Deanna in my thoughts and prayers. I will also light a candle for her. (I am going to burn my house down if I keep lighting candles for everyone! LOL Naw...I will have a very warm, loving, and brilliant display for them to find their ways home instead.)

Hi Missie:blowkiss:. May you and your lovely children have a wonderful Christmas. You are in my heart and in my prayers, and I hope all is well with you.

Lion

SS and Lion-thank you so much for your kind words!! We are all doing pretty well this Christmas-despite everything.
I came here today because for the first time in months I had a dream last night that was vivid enough to remember. I'm not one to look at dreams as a sign or anything, but it just made me think of Deanna. In my dream I got a phone call but I couldn't get to the phone in time. When I called the number back it was Deanna. I don't remember what we talked about-but we eventually met up somewhere. She was older looking than any of my sisters-but not in a ragged way. I remember thinking that she must look that way because life had made her much wiser than the rest of us. The meeting was pretty void of emotion-which was weird now that I think about it.
Like I said, I'm not one to think of dreams as a sign-but I'm glad I had that dream last night, just so I would have her at the forefront of my heart and mind today.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas-and I thank God for each and every one of you.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Deanna. You know, I was wondering why Deanna's case touched such a chord with me--but I have two sisters myself, and...well...I know I'd do anything for either of them. I know that we're all praying for a happy ending to this one.

But for now, just focus on Christmas and your little ones.

Wish you all the best.

Hi Missie
I always follow what's going on & really wish you every success with finding Deanna. You are a truly wonderful person & I wish I was closer so I could be of some help to you.
Hope you have had a lovely peaceful Christmas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb