Texas Department of Public Safety
P O Box 4087
Austin, Texas 78773-0422
Phone: (512) 424-5074
Helpline: (800) 346-3243

Case Number:
M0907017

Family asks local hunters to keep an eye out for loved one
The family of a local woman who was reported missing Saturday morning, July 25, 2009 continues their search.
A $2,000 reward continues to be offered for any information that leads the family to her. Mrs. McIntosh is a 78-year-old white female who is 5 feet 6 inches and weighs approximately 120 pounds and has blonde-grey hair and lived in the Murvaul Lake area. Hope for her safe return dims as each day passes. With the opening of hunting season, the family asks that anyone who enters the woods keep a look out for any sign of their missing loved one.
If anyone has any information that will lead to bringing McIntosh home, family and friends urge them to call the Sheriff’s office at 903-693-0333.

http://www.panolawatchman.com/defau...ame=&pform=&sc=2100&hn=panolawatchman&he=.com

It'll be a year in 20 more days. No news at all on her whereabouts. There are still signs in the area here mainly around the lake where she disappeared. I know this cause I've been driving the lake looking around as we are buying a house out there!
I pray that since it's going to be a year they get her face once again in our area news or maybe even another search of the area!!
Bring Doris home to her family!

Missing woman's family continue searching for answers
One year has passed since a local woman vanished without a trace. Although the reality of the situation is grim to say the least, her family still clings to a glimmer of hope that someone somewhere has information that they will share to help bring her home, putting an end to the mystery of her absence.
Doris McIntosh was reported missing on Saturday, July 25, 2009. She was last seen Friday evening after leaving East Texas Medical Center in Carthage, where she had been visiting with her husband who had been battling Alzheimer’s. At approximately 11:30 a.m. the following Tuesday, Panola County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to County Road 173 and FM 1971 to a caller who said he had found a vehicle matching the description of the one McIntosh was reported to have been driving. It was located stuck in the mud at a well location. A search of the vehicle showed that the keys and her purse were missing. Investigators brought in tracking dogs and horses to aide in their search, but were unable to find her. A massive search ensued in the days that followed. Hundreds of volunteers and other agencies aided in the search for the missing local woman, all to no avail.
As investigators worked to retrace Mrs. Mackintosh’s last known movements, they found that at approximately 10 p.m. Friday, July 24, Mrs. McIntosh was seen on video at a local gas station and was disoriented. She stopped by a house on Hwy 79 S close to Del Ray at 1:05 a.m. and asked for directions to Gary. Residents at the house gave her directions and told law enforcement personnel that she was disoriented. They told officers that they had to turn her vehicle around for her. Once she got out to the road, McIntosh turned the wrong way. According to Panola County Sheriff Jack Ellett, that was the last time anyone saw her.
The organized search for Mrs. McIntosh ended Monday, August 3, 2009, but the Panola County Sheriff’s Office and family members will still welcome information from anyone who might lead them to her. Family and friends urge anyone with helpful information to call the Sheriff’s office at 903-693-0333 and help them solve the mystery of where their loved one is and what has happened to her. A reward of $2,000 has been offered for any information that leads the family to her. Information on Mrs. McIntosh's whereabouts may also be submitted via The Panola Watchman’s website at www.panolawatchman.com. Any information that will possibly lead to her location will be turned over to the Sheriff's Office for investigation

http://www.panolawatchman.com/defau...ame=&pform=&sc=2100&hn=panolawatchman&he=.com

Deputies increase McIntosh search
Local law enforcement has put a push on their search for Doris McIntosh, who disappeared one year ago. Last week 10 officers, well trained and experienced in search procedures, began exploring areas hard to reach last year.
Panola County Sheriff’s Office Chief David Jeter said that many places that were inaccessible because of water and grass are now easier to get to. “Pastures have been mowed and, because of the drought, many ponds and creeks are down,” said Jeter. He added that his deputies and others will continue to search for her until she is found.
http://www.panolawatchman.com/deputies-increase-mcintosh-search-p13863-94.htm

So an 80 year old woman driving an Expedition is so disoriented other people had to turn her car around for her... and they don't call anyone? How do these things happen? I would have asked her if I could call family or I would have called the police. Not turned her TANK around for her and sent her on her way.

This poor woman will be stuck in my thoughts for good until she is found.

M0907017.jpg

Date Missing: July 24, 2009
From City/State: Carthage (Panola County),Texas
Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 78
Race: White
Height: 5' 06"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color:Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Light

Clothing: Last seen wearing a flowery shirt and tan pants.

Jewelry: None

Circumstances of Disappearance: Mrs. McIntosh was last seen wearing a flowery shirt and tan pants. She is driving a 1997 Ford Expedition gold in color bearing Texas license plate R1P809, the vehicle has tinted windows and dents on the right rear side.

Investigative Agency: Texas Department of Public Safety
Phone: (512) 424-5074
Investigative Case #: M0907017

Here is what a 1997 Expedition looks like...

FORD-EXPEDITION_47587.JPG

Yes mandy that's how it went. I can't believe it myself. Being from the area I just can't get it out of my mind. I live on Lake murvaul and her missing signs are everywhere out here. I drive by them every day. I just wonder all the time about it. But we moved into our house 2 months ago which is right down the road from where she disappeared and with not knowing the area real well yet for me I could see how you could get turned around real easily and get lost. And someone that is disorientated that is even worse in this area.
I just hope that she is found very soon. It's really dry here and most of the ponds are drying up so hopefully someone will come across her!
Praying for Doris to come home.

~bobbie

Bumped for TXLady2!!!
I still think about you Doris everytime I drive home. I'm right down the road from where you disappeared at!!! Prayers for your family!

she disappeared on county road 173. She lived on county road 176. I live on county road 198. i know you can see on google maps all the county roads around lake murvaul. I just don't know how to bring that over to here.

Has there been anything recently about Doris? Any progress what with this incessant drought? I just don't understand what could have happened to her. Well, I know what could have happened to her, but I wonder why she hasn't been FOUND by now.

OF course, I don't live around there so have no idea what the landscape is like. But I am curious to try and understand how she could be "hidden" for so long.(if she is just lying out there somewhere.)

Doris still has not been found. Within a year of her disappearance, her husband died. Two summers ago, there was a very severe drought and lake levels dropped dramatically. Some ponds, sloughs, and creeks dried up completely. Still no body or sign of Doris. Local law enforcement individuals seem to think she was taken out of the area.

Hello I'm brand new here! So many cases I want to comment on but this one is so close to home I just had to say something.

Totally dumbfounded that no trace of Mrs McIntosh has ever surfaced. I know the area very well. I'm familiar with the oil location where her car was found. No way did she walk out of that dark place and not leave some sort of sign. I do know the place is overrun with wild hogs. Myself personally would not want to try to walk out of there without a light and a gun.

I've always suspected foul play. But I don't think it was random.

Who stood to gain from her death/disappearance?

Hello I'm brand new here! So many cases I want to comment on but this one is so close to home I just had to say something.

Totally dumbfounded that no trace of Mrs McIntosh has ever surfaced. I know the area very well. I'm familiar with the oil location where her car was found. No way did she walk out of that dark place and not leave some sort of sign. I do know the place is overrun with wild hogs. Myself personally would not want to try to walk out of there without a light and a gun.

I've always suspected foul play. But I don't think it was random.

Who stood to gain from her death/disappearance?

Nobody in her family stood to gain that I am aware of. Since then her husband and a grandson have died. We were recently at a graveside service and came upon her husband and her joint tombstone. It was a sad reminder. When this happened, there was a man that was wandering around the area asking people for money. He scared several elderly ladies. After she disappeared, so did he. Where she disappeared is a tough area. Possibly someone saw the lights on her car and went to investigate, or she may have walked to nearby houses and someone abducted her. She was relatively well off and always wore very expensive jewelry. If she went for help or someone went to her aid and saw the jewelry, they may have robbed her. It is so brushy around there that her body could have been buried somewhere and had brush put over the grave. I believe law enforcement feels she was taken away from the area. People that disappear in East Texas are often never found due to the remoteness. Nobody would have known she was at this location because she was lost. It always makes me think and exercise more precautions when in a remote area. All it takes is one evil person finding you alone.

Well evidently opinions are not allowed on this site. My two previous posts were deleted. That's funny because I've read a lot of opinions on other threads. That being the case this will be my last post. From now on I'll only read quietly and keep my opinions to myself.

Well evidently opinions are not allowed on this site. My two previous posts were deleted. That's funny because I've read a lot of opinions on other threads. That being the case this will be my last post. From now on I'll only read quietly and keep my opinions to myself.
Not sure. The Moderators sometimes delete if they think the posts are inappropriate.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic
Back