TX TX - Doris McIntosh, 78, Carthage, 24 July 2009

Bumping - - I wonder why Doris's page was removed from The Charley Project? I know the founder of TCP posts here, maybe she'll see this. Since Doris is still missing, she really should be included there I would think.

This case really bugs me. Surely such an elderly and disoriented person couldn't have gone that far, on foot, as to be removed from the search area. If someone took her, what could possibly be the motive? If it was a robbery, they could simply knock her out, rob her, dump her. Why take her far from the area?

Very sad and haunting case.

I live in Panola County where Doris went missing. She didn't just wandering off. Without a trace? Well you don't wanna know what I think....

Bumping - - I wonder why Doris's page was removed from The Charley Project? I know the founder of TCP posts here, maybe she'll see this. Since Doris is still missing, she really should be included there I would think.

This case really bugs me. Surely such an elderly and disoriented person couldn't have gone that far, on foot, as to be removed from the search area. If someone took her, what could possibly be the motive? If it was a robbery, they could simply knock her out, rob her, dump her. Why take her far from the area?

Very sad and haunting case.
She was very close to her home. That particular area is very confusing, especially at night. The area is pretty rough. My mother went to school with her, and they graduated together. Just 2 nights ago my mother said, "I wonder what happened to Doris?" It is a terrible thing about East Texas that people that disappear usually stay disappearrd because areas are so desolate and forested there is little chance of somebody seeing a crime being committed or a body being moved, etc.

She was very close to her home. That particular area is very confusing, especially at night. The area is pretty rough. My mother went to school with her, and they graduated together. Just 2 nights ago my mother said, "I wonder what happened to Doris?" It is a terrible thing about East Texas that people that disappear usually stay disappearrd because areas are so desolate and forested there is little chance of somebody seeing a crime being committed or a body being moved, etc.

Doris McIntosh isn't the first person to vanish without a trace in Panola County. Around 20 something years ago Jeanie Loftin disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

Doris McIntosh isn't the first person to vanish without a trace in Panola County. Around 20 something years ago Jeanie Loftin disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

I just read about Jeanie Loftin on The Charley Project. Her car was also found, but no trace of her. I am not familiar at all with these Texas missing persons cases, though I've read about nearly every case on TCP website. What are your theories?

Most clues point towards her husband. He faked a drive by shooting on his way to take a polygraph. Slight gunshot wound to his arm. Lol

He operated a track hoe for an oilfield construction company at the time and many believe she is safely buried under some gas lease in the county.

Her cigarette case and car keys were left in her car. It was said that she never went anywhere without her smokes.

Most clues point towards her husband. He faked a drive by shooting on his way to take a polygraph. Slight gunshot wound to his arm. Lol

He operated a track hoe for an oilfield construction company at the time and many believe she is safely buried under some gas lease in the county.

Her cigarette case and car keys were left in her car. It was said that she never went anywhere without her smokes.

Interesting, and sad. So often it is the closest person..... So that case is unrelated to any of the others missing in East Texas. Do you think there's a link to some of the other missing? Any theories on Doris? So haunting, as she was so close to her home.

Thanks for your reply!

If you are new and you read a post that has a rumor please hit the report button. Of course, we do allow theories as long as they do not involve innocent people and you don't have to suspend your belief in reality to believe.

Please remember no discussion of moderation on the forum.

Thank you,
Tricia

Your talking about Jeanie here. Just to clarify to those unfamiliar with the case. Doris's husband was in the hospital suffering with Alzheimer's in the final stages. I always hoped he didn't know that something happened to her. Part of the reason they thought she was disoriented that night was due to his condition added to the fact that she was in the beginning stages of dementia herself.

Interesting, and sad. So often it is the closest person..... So that case is unrelated to any of the others missing in East Texas. Do you think there's a link to some of the other missing? Any theories on Doris? So haunting, as she was so close to her home.

Thanks for your reply!
The last I heard, LE thought it was likely that she had been removed from this area. Her husband is buried in Mt. Bethel cemetery. There is a double tombstone with her husband's name, and her name, but her side is empty. It is sad that her body cannot rest beside that of her husband. They had been happily married for many years, until this tragedy occurred.

Also, about the time Doris died, a man had been going around to people's homes in the area near Doris with a sad story trying to get them to give him money. After Doris disappeared, he was never seen in the area again. Many people think he may have been responsible. That was reported to LE but nobody knew who he was.

The Sunday after Doris disappeared, a Deputy came to our house to notify us of what had happened and to see if we may have seen her. I live down a deadend road that I used to feel pretty safe walking on. The road turns and you can only see down the road for a short distance from the highway. I no longer walk down the road in view of the highway due to what happened to Doris. All it takes is being alone on a lonely road when an evil person drives by and sees an opportunity.

Last edited:
In my opinion you have nothing to fear. Those who needed Doris out of the way have succeeded in what they wanted. The coast is clear...

I just read about Jeanie Loftin on The Charley Project. Her car was also found, but no trace of her. I am not familiar at all with these Texas missing persons cases, though I've read about nearly every case on TCP website. What are your theories?
In some cases, I think possibly they have car trouble and someone stops by acting helpful, offering to take them somewhere, and then abduct them after they have them in the car. Or they stop and force them in a car and take them elsewhere to do something to them. Some have suggested human trafficking.

Mrs. MaIntosh has been missing a long time.
Yes, she has been. Her husband and died a few months after she went missing. He had been in the hospital and she had visited him and got lost on the way home. I believe she had the beginnings of dementia, too. Recently, I went to a funeral and as we walked through the graveyard, I passed a double tombstone where her husband was buried, but the spot for her had the day of death empty. I thought how sad it was the she could not rest beside her husband of about 50 years.

Doris Elaine Mims McIntosh​

mcintosh_doris.jpg

McIntosh, circa 2009
  • Missing Since 07/25/2009
  • Missing From Carthage, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 11/30/1930 (91)
  • Age 78 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 128 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A floral print shirt and tan pants.
  • Medical Conditions McIntosh may have been confused at the time of her disappearance and could have been suffering from an undiagnosed form of dementia.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. McIntosh's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

McIntosh was last seen in Carthage, Texas on July 25, 2009. That evening she was driving home after visiting her husband, who was in the hospital, and at 1:00 a.m. she stopped at a home in Del Ray, Texas to ask for directions.

The residence was several miles outside of Carthage. She spent half an hour there and got the directions, then left. However, she turned the wrong way and the homeowner called the police, as he thought McIntosh was confused and disoriented and needed help. The police never were able to make contact with her, however. She has never been heard from again.

Four days later, on July 29, McIntosh's SUV was found stuck in the mud off County Road 173 near an oil and gas drilling site, miles from her home. It was unlocked, the seat was at the right level for a driver of McIntosh's height, the heater was on and her keys and purse were gone. It's possible she walked away from her vehicle to get help.

An extensive search of the area turned up no indication of McIntosh's whereabouts. Her case remains unsolved.

Doris Elaine Mims McIntosh – The Charley Project

PANOLA COUNTY, Texas (KSLA) - The Panola County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after skeletal human remains were found in a wooded area in the county.

A work crew found the remains in some woods on Wednesday, July 27. Investigators responded and confirmed the remains are in fact human. Officials with the sheriff’s office say there were no apparent signs of criminal activity.

PANOLA COUNTY, Texas (KSLA) - The Panola County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after skeletal human remains were found in a wooded area in the county.

A work crew found the remains in some woods on Wednesday, July 27. Investigators responded and confirmed the remains are in fact human. Officials with the sheriff’s office say there were no apparent signs of criminal activity.
Yes, sadly, Panola County has several missing people.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medievalratattack
Back