TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
"KTXS News has obtained documents that show startling facts into the investigation of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn that point to Hailey's mother Billie Jean Dunn and her former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins as being primary suspects."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26459455/detail.html

I understand everyone views her as a suspect but I want to know If LE has come out and named her a suspect. If they have the evidence against her, why not come on out and name her a suspect? They have released enough to make everyone suspect she is a suspect so why not come out and name her?

Here's the information someone was asking for earlier:

"PREVIOUS THREATS OF VIOLENCE

According to court documents, the home shared by Dunn, Adkins and Hailey, had been the location of a domestic dispute back in February 2010. The affidavit says Adkins allegedly threatened to kill Billie Jean Dunn and Hailey Dunn during the dispute. Adkins initially denied that statement, but went on to confirm that he did make those statements."

http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=13830886

also:

In February 2010, the Colorado City police department responded to a domestic dispute at the home of Billie Jean Dunn. According to records, he threatened to kill Dunn and her daughter during the dispute.

Adkins first told investigators he never threatened Hailey, but later confirmed he did threaten the lives of the girl and her mother.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/hailey_dunn_arrest_affidavits_missing_teen/

anyone besides me wondering why Shawn is staying with his grandmother and not his mom?:waitasec:

We know that SA has been on the computer recently. We know that SA's mother went to law enforcement in an attempt to retrieve her computer that was taken by them, but was rebuffed when law enforcement put the computer into evidence.

It is possible that SA is staying with his grandmother in order to use her computer.

I have no idea if that is the case, just a thought I had.

Maybe this has been asked before...but where does Clint (Hailey's dad) work? Does his girlfriend work also? When I talked to Billie on Friday...she said Hailey was a daddy's girl for sure. My mind keeps coming back to an entry someone posted from Hailey's MySpace page about being mad at her dad and his girlfriend for getting pregnant. So in my mind, as much as Hailey might have blamed Shawn for being in the picture..she might not have been a big fan of Clint's girlfriend either?

I really hope that BD didn't leave Clint for SA................

I understand everyone views her as a suspect but I want to know If LE has come out and named her a suspect. If they have the evidence against her, why not come on out and name her a suspect? They have released enough to make everyone suspect she is a suspect so why not come out and name her?

IMHO, she is cooperating with them and talking. If she is confirmed a suspect she will lawyer up and any good lawyer is going to tell you to shut it. I personally think that is the rational. I would do the same thing if I were them.

We've heard no proof that SA has a lawyer although he says he does. He is not cooperating. He has made statements that he has one and others have on his behalf. We've heard nothing from the phantom lawyer though. SA says his lawyer told him to bail at the poly. People that answered the door when the media arrived also said that he has an attorney. IDK???

JMO!

This person did not just tell LE. I just learned of it. LE has not released the info, nor verified it.

I thought it was worth mentioning because, while I do not know the other people who say they saw Hailey, I do know this person. They would be what I would consider to be a credible witness - they know Hailey personally, are an established member of the community, a business owner, who has no reason to try and protect anyone.
BBM
Not wanting to sound like I'm jumping on you because it's not meant that way but why oh why would she not have came forward and told LE immediately. I mean this is a child!

I specifically asked Billie about SA threatening Hailey's life... she told me he had never to her knowledge threatened Hailey, and unless he told LE that when she was not around, she does not know where it came from. Yes, I know, odd. I also asked her about the Feb. 2010 incident. She said that she called LE about something else - no threats were made that day - and no report was made, no citations issued, nothing.

Post respectfully snipped...

BBM. <modsnip>

~Respectfully snipped~
I specifically asked Billie about SA threatening Hailey's life... she told me he had never to her knowledge threatened Hailey, and unless he told LE that when she was not around, she does not know where it came from. Yes, I know, odd. I also asked her about the Feb. 2010 incident. She said that she called LE about something else - no threats were made that day - and no report was made, no citations issued, nothing.

czgtz - I know you are a good friend to Billie and I admire you for that. I appreciate your honesty and candor in these threads. I know if must be very difficult to for you right now, with all that is going on.

I am quoting the above paragraph in the hopes that you will re-read it and let it sink in a bit. It seems to me, given what was in the affidavit that we know what happened in Feb. and Billie is not being honest with you. All LE had to do was pull the report from that night. There is a paper trail. It may even be possible, under the FOIA, for you to request to see the police report from that night (I'm not sure, but it may be possible).

Salem

Here's the information someone was asking for earlier:

"PREVIOUS THREATS OF VIOLENCE

According to court documents, the home shared by Dunn, Adkins and Hailey, had been the location of a domestic dispute back in February 2010. The affidavit says Adkins allegedly threatened to kill Billie Jean Dunn and Hailey Dunn during the dispute. Adkins initially denied that statement, but went on to confirm that he did make those statements."

http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=13830886

also:

In February 2010, the Colorado City police department responded to a domestic dispute at the home of Billie Jean Dunn. According to records, he threatened to kill Dunn and her daughter during the dispute.

Adkins first told investigators he never threatened Hailey, but later confirmed he did threaten the lives of the girl and her mother.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/hailey_dunn_arrest_affidavits_missing_teen/

So it wasn't BD just calling LE about something else,whatever that could be.

BBM
Not wanting to sound like I'm jumping on you because it's not meant that way but why oh why would she not have came forward and told LE immediately. I mean this is a child!

I think she meant the person didn't just tell LE, but they told others as well.

She was seen 2x between 10:30 and Noon.

LE has not confirmed it. They also did not see fit to tell Billie.

How do you know LE has not confirmed it if they have not told Billie? I am confused.

to my knowledge and unless something has changed since i last checked BD is has not been officially named a suspect

I have the utmost respect for LE< FBI and the Texas Rangers. I felt horrible last week when I made an off the cuff comment about the Keystone Cops.

LE (all inclusive) are some of the most compassionate people out there and while they have a duty and responsibility to let the public know how an investigation is progressing, they will hold back from hurting a parent of a missing child anymore than they have to. With that, while they have released documents that paint BD in a not so good light and even cast some suspicion on her - they will hold off publicy naming her a suspect until they are completely sure of her involvement and have evidence that backs up their claim.

LE has said several times that there are MULTIPLE persons of interest - but they have only named one SO FAR. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to read those affidavits to come to the conclusion that BD falls under that classification.

I hope that you don't think I am bashing LE, or trying to imply there is a consiracy.... I'm not. I also don't think they are ignoring evidence. I think they are holding many things close to their chest right now, and I hope to God they know a lot more than they are letting on.

I want Hailey to come home safe and sound. If someone has hurt her, I don't care who it is, I hope they get strung up by the balls.

Well girl, I have to tell you, I am a skeptic by nature, so nothing personal..but if everything you have said is the truth as you know it (and I have no reason to disbelieve YOU, just Billie, I'm sure you can at least understand that) I admire the heck out of you since I know we can be a tough bunch and you have stood up to scrutiny for hours on end and answered as many questions as possible with dignity and understanding for our skepticism. I am not feeling real good about this at all myself, but boy I'd love to be able to send Billie an email thru you apologizing from the bottom of my heart. The only thing that would make me happier would be for Hailey to walk thru her front door...

eta~but if things turn out opposite of your belief now, I hope you know that we have MANY supportive people here @ WS with forums geared towards nothing but emotional support for whatever reason and we'll be here for ya!

anyone besides me wondering why Shawn is staying with his grandmother and not his mom?:waitasec:

My guess is that he has a younger brother and his mom probably doesn't think it's in the brother's best interest with all of the media attention and LE surveillance, not to mention the public's opinion. (I'm saying this thinking that his mother probably believes in SA's innocence so I'm leaving out the part about not wanting the brother around SA...). MOO

In the press conference they said there were other persons of interests and to name those people would not be fair to Hailey. I am not saying that means that one of those POI's is BD, but just saying what they said as to why they were not naming names at this point. It may also be because as CZ and many others have said, they are holding things close to the vest. I believe they also said they had more evidence then what was released in the search warrants too, so as in most cases, they are holding back info for reasons unknown to us at this time.

Catching up here and saw the info about the new um witnesses.

CZ, is this info you got straight from LE or is this what Billi is telling you? Because if it's Billi then I'm going to take the info about the witnesses with a grain of salt. I have seen this too many times. Always consider the source.

I got the info from the person who saw Hailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkjug