TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. The affidavit states the Illegal Narcotics were for Shawn and herself.

I have said this before but I think Billie is playing a semantics game with the narcotics word. The only narcotics she had were prescribed.

To my ear that means the drug the bought is not a narcotic (and she knows exactly what defines a narcotic).

And I still don't see how someone who thinks their child might be alive somewhere has two seconds of energy to spend on this kind of minutia.

We got high that night. Period. End of story. Here is where we went, this is who we saw, this is what I bought. Please look for my child.

My boyfriend has odd hobbies, this is what it entails in graphic detail. Please look for my daughter.

Again I don't think Beth Holloway or Mark Klaas spent a second of the precious time that was passing while their children were missing worrying about their reputations, claiming they are being slandered, or presenting timelines for named suspects who have an attorney keeping them from speaking.

Every other case I can think of where the parent had time to invest in this type of activity, they already knew the outcome. It is very hard to hide where you are in the processing of an event. That is where we see the verb tenses change. It is very difficult to keep your verbage from matching your thoughts.

According to Roger OSTRANDER, Hailey DUNN’s maternal uncle, after Hailey DUNN’s disappearance, ADKINS and OSTRANDER were speaking about the disappearance and OSTRANDER stated he could not believe anybody would hurt a 13 year old little girl, to which ADKINS replied, “yah, it’s like killing a deer.”

How is hurting a 13 yo girl like killing a deer? (I've never killed a deer, nor hurt a 13 yo girl.)

Their both pretty much defenseless.

My family gathers when we have bad news with food etc.We laugh, cry, etc. The thing I am not sure of is where has it ever been reported that BD enjoyed herself on New Years Eve which is what everyone is saying regarding the "party" Yes there is a big difference but we can not say BD enjoyed herself, she has stated several times she was not at a party.

That's the way we roll round here, if there is a crisis of some sort everyone gathers and enevitably food appears.....but it isn't a party...it's our support system.

so...

do we have any new updates/clarifications/revisions of the timeline for today? :pullhair:

I vote for the Today Show or Dateline or Nightline.

Since he's been actually getting out and getting the word out that Hailey is missing, it might be hard for him to do one of these shows. They usually want the person to come to NYC. With a venue such as this, he could still be on the road handing out flyers and just call in from his cell phone.

That's the way we roll round here, if there is a crisis of some sort everyone gathers and enevitably food appears.....but it isn't a party...it's our support system.

I recall Billie stating that she didn't even know it was NYE-- that blew my mind. At this point LE was considering the runaway explanation, right? I would have been hyper aware that it was a night that her friends may gather, here or there, I would have sent troops to knock on doors! Is Hailey here?!!!?

Instead, they watched the ball drop? :banghead:

I find it interesting that we are here discussing where Hailey is... because nobody believes Shawn when he says she left at 3:15pm.

Yet, we are here discussing New Years Eve because some DO believe Shawn when he says they had "friends over for drinks."

I find it equally interesting that LE doesn't believe Shawn and yet put things in the affidavit that are only supported by statements HE made. They don't even say they witnessed it, OR that they RECORDED it... or that media recorded it... just that Shawn said it. :waitasec:

When we get back from a funeral, there is food everywhere that people have brought over. Several family members either have a beer or have mixed a drink. That's what some of my family does. They are not partying, they are dealing with it.

It is interesting to me, that law enforcement doesn't say in that affidavit that having people at the house was unusual. They don't say that on the previous 3 nights there had not been people there, or that there wasn't on the next 3 nights. They don't mention Billie's family just arriving in town.

They only mention that one night, which happened to be a holiday in addition to first weekend after her disappearance.

Hailey was reported missing on Tuesday the 28th.

New Years Eve was Friday the 31st.

If family is coming from out of town for an emergency, what day do you think they are going to arrive? :waitasec:

Most would be able to get off work early on Friday to get up there and stay for the weekend. If that Friday had been the 2nd of January instead, I don't think it would have even been mentioned in the affidavit. :twocents:

It was the same way when Elizabeth Smart went missing.

People were constantly bringing over dinner, so there was always food. There was a bunch of family and friends over there. Minus the holiday since it was June and the alcohol because they do not drink... it should have also appeared to be a party... but it didn't. Possibly because the police were not looking for a reason to make them look bad? :waitasec:

Since he's been actually getting out and getting the word out that Hailey is missing, it might be hard for him to do one of these shows. They usually want the person to come to NYC. With a venue such as this, he could still be on the road handing out flyers and just call in from his cell phone.

Hmm, I don't believe BD went to NewYork. They came to her. Maybe they have interviewed him and decided not to air it. I don't know why they would, but I am just saying I guess it could happen. jmo

I got through to Nancy Grace!! She's covering Ali Lowtizer and pre-taping. Dang I am good! LOL

That is normal and totally expected.

But someone who was there told LE there was a party that evening, which I am guessing is suppose to reflect state of mind and behavior on the part of Billie and Shawn.

A witness can tell LE I was there on new years eve, Billie was inconsolable, we are taking turns keeping tabs on her, etc...

The mother is surrounded by friends and loved ones.

Or we had some people over for drinks.
We watched movies.
We watched the news
But we didn't know it was New Years Eve.
Even though that is what was on the news.

New Years Eve was only a few days later.
I, like many other people on this board, have been through a missing and/or murdered family member event..... at that point in time no one was hanging out having drinks and watching movies.

Many cars were parked outside the house and not one person who talked to LE along the way said we had a party.

And we knew where our family member was... I cannot fathom anyone doing anything other than looking, calling, searching her room, reading diaries, talking to her friends, anything other than hanging out in a manner that be interpreted by anyone as a party or get together.

It is a state of mind issue.
And Billie has done little to make the issue go away.

Ok, this is a little off topic but not really, :rolleyes:
I have a Blackberry Identical to SA and It is the same year also… I check with the HID numbers from the Affidavit.
Anyways… On the Blackberry there is an option that you can ping towers and change the setting to how many times in an hour you can have your phone do this… (don’t know why they have this)
Nevertheless, I found that interesting… you can even ping OTHER local towers with it…Hmmm :waitasec:
Also… On line there is a website, free… you can set up your phone to text people to their phone… and make whom it is coming from anyone with any number… Like you can make it look like BD phone is texting MB phone and you can set it up to send the text at any time you want… Like say 2:00 when you are busy doing something else.
I am sure LE has checked this out....:sigh:
Now, I am not saying anyone in this case did this but it is interesting to know….

On the bill, texts sent from the web will say that they did. And the sent message will not show up in the sender's phone.

Ok, this is a little off topic but not really, :rolleyes:
I have a Blackberry Identical to SA and It is the same year also… I check with the HID numbers from the Affidavit.
Anyways… On the Blackberry there is an option that you can ping towers and change the setting to how many times in an hour you can have your phone do this… (don’t know why they have this)
Nevertheless, I found that interesting… you can even ping OTHER local towers with it…Hmmm :waitasec:
Also… On line there is a website, free… you can set up your phone to text people to their phone… and make whom it is coming from anyone with any number… Like you can make it look like BD phone is texting MB phone and you can set it up to send the text at any time you want… Like say 2:00 when you are busy doing something else.
I am sure LE has checked this out....:sigh:
Now, I am not saying anyone in this case did this but it is interesting to know….
Exactly! This is what I was thinking yesterday when I mentioned the Spook Caller ID or whatever it's called. I seriously am wondering if this text showed up to MB but wasn't on the logs from BD's phone, but SA's when they got the records.

According to Roger OSTRANDER, Hailey DUNN’s maternal uncle, after Hailey DUNN’s disappearance, ADKINS and OSTRANDER were speaking about the disappearance and OSTRANDER stated he could not believe anybody would hurt a 13 year old little girl, to which ADKINS replied, “yah, it’s like killing a deer.”

How is hurting a 13 yo girl like killing a deer? (I've never killed a deer, nor hurt a 13 yo girl.)

I've hunted deer once with hubby. When I brought that rifle up and looked through the scope and saw their eyes.............I ditched that shot right into the dirt. That was the last time I went hunting.

I'm NOT in any way questioning you...but this seems just sooo bizarre...is the website "legit" or like a hacker type of site showing people how to PURPOSELY get around the "ping" location technology built into the phone??
Hope this makes sense....

ETA : And, if these Blackberries can do this, it almost makes LE's ability to use pings to find someone's location near impossible....you're darn right I hope LE has looked into the ability to do this...or they're SOL, so to speak !!!

In the case of texts sent from online... for billing purposes, they are recorded on the recipient's bill, and appear in the recipient's phone with the phone number the sender entered as the "sender" and the time and date received. It will appear in the phone of the recipient, but will not appear in the sender's phone, or on their phone bill.

I think the New Year's Eve 'party' is kind of a red herring. It doesn't really matter, but we are all talking about it. And that is mostly because BD brought it up again because she hates it when people get the wrong impression of her.

Bringing it into her presser had no impact upon Hailey or the search for Hailey in any way whatsoever. But Billie made a point of saying " And another thing" --and bringing our attention to it anyway. Kind of like the red hoop earrings and the mystery threat man and the little dark boy. All things to make us take our eyes off the ball imo.

The examiner is not a preferred link here at WS. We don't use it for factual information. So linking is not generally allowed.

Okay, I am totally confused.
:pullhair:

Tricia has spoken very highly of one person who writes at the Examiner. Isabelle Zehnder. Tricia has responded to posts talking about the examiner and she has never said anything about not linking to the examiner. :waitasec:

http://www.examiner.com/international-headlines-in-national/isabelle-zehnder

I don't read it unless it is Isabelle Zehnder and I never post links to it, but I DO prefer to be 100% certain of the rules since I break enough already. This is one I thought I was sure on since I see Isabelle's articles linked here frequently and Tricia thinks so highly of her. :waitasec:

Tricia's post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5945691&postcount=27"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6[/ame]

I don't think Mods will let me post the Website here...

However it is by the same company that has Slydial, where you can leave a message in someone voice-mail without ringing their phone... and then you would not have to talk to them directly...

Some cell carriers offer the texting feature on their website as well.

I find it interesting that we are here discussing where Hailey is... because nobody believes Shawn when he says she left at 3:15pm.

Yet, we are here discussing New Years Eve because some DO believe Shawn when he says they had "friends over for drinks."

I find it equally interesting that LE doesn't believe Shawn and yet put things in the affidavit that are only supported by statements HE made. They don't even say they witnessed it, OR that they RECORDED it... or that media recorded it... just that Shawn said it. :waitasec:

When we get back from a funeral, there is food everywhere that people have brought over. Several family members either have a beer or have mixed a drink. That's what some of my family does. They are not partying, they are dealing with it.

It is interesting to me, that law enforcement doesn't say in that affidavit that having people at the house was unusual. They don't say that on the previous 3 nights there had not been people there, or that there wasn't on the next 3 nights. They don't mention Billie's family just arriving in town.

They only mention that one night, which happened to be a holiday in addition to first weekend after her disappearance.

Hailey was reported missing on Tuesday the 28th.

New Years Eve was Friday the 31st.

If family is coming from out of town for an emergency, what day do you think they are going to arrive? :waitasec:

Most would be able to get off work early on Friday to get up there and stay for the weekend. If that Friday had been the 2nd of January instead, I don't think it would have even been mentioned in the affidavit. :twocents:

It was the same way when Elizabeth Smart went missing.

People were constantly bringing over dinner, so there was always food. There was a bunch of family and friends over there. Minus the holiday since it was June and the alcohol because they do not drink... it should have also appeared to be a party... but it didn't. Possibly because the police were not looking for a reason to make them look bad? :waitasec:

Very logical post, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member