GUILTY TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #13

Disagree. If Shane had not done any tv interviews, that also would've been labeled suspicious. People always suspect the boyfriend/husband, regardless of behavior. Whatever behavior he might've exhibited, it would've invariably been labeled suspicious. He was in a no-win situation; people were going to blame him no matter what he did and it only stopped because the Heidi's body was found in Fieramusca's car.

Disagree. If Shane had not done any tv interviews, that also would've been labeled suspicious. People always suspect the boyfriend/husband, regardless of behavior. Whatever behavior he might've exhibited, it would've invariably been labeled suspicious. He was in a no-win situation; people were going to blame him no matter what he did and it only stopped because the Heidi's body was found in Fieramusca's car.
Also, I admit that I'm operating with the benefit of hindsight, but I firmly believe Shane sounds 100% sincere in all of his early TV interviews. It is not his fault that many people rushed to a presumption of guilt.

Also, I admit that I'm operating with the benefit of hindsight, but I firmly believe Shane sounds 100% sincere in all of his early TV interviews. It is not his fault that many people rushed to a presumption of guilt.
In particular, this has become one of the cases that I point to whenever some tries to cite the statement analysis blog as though it were a credible source. They were completely wrong in this case (and other cases) yet people still act like their technique is valid.

For me, it all goes back to last week's very MISLEADING press release by the DA's office where Garza carefully revealed MF would be pleading guilty on 1/31:

DA Garza stated they negotiated a 55-year sentence and MF waived her appeal rights. And then adds how the plea deal will save the family from potentially decades of litigation.

Except DA Garza conveniently left out how all the other charges were dropped and the capital murder charge downgraded!

He left out that MF's negotiated plea deal made MF eligible for parole release after completing 50% of her sentence!

Facts matter -- to everybody. MOO
Why am I not surprised.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmiter