GUILTY TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #13

Yes, how silly of us to think the case against her was pretty iron clad and would result in the death penalty or life without parole!-- why would they take a plea in this case when it appears that they have a great case and she would get a very harsh sentence: what am I missing here? I mean, is there really any defense in this case? If there is I can't think of any defense for this woman.
1. Trial cost
2. Judicial efficiency
3. Women are traditionally not sentenced to prison terms as severely as men for murder

There is a ton of interesting research on the differences in male/female sentencing. Here is one example:

1. Trial cost
2. Judicial efficiency
3. Women are traditionally not sentenced to prison terms as severely as men for murder

There is a ton of interesting research on the differences in male/female sentencing. Here is one example:

From my experience watching true crime cases for years and years I have seen the differences in male/female sentencing and convictions -- Putting it bluntly women get away with stuff men do not get away with. I see too many cases where it is alleged the woman murdered her husband- but all she has to do is get on the stand and cry fake tears and allege abuse and there is a good chance she will walk or get a lighter sentence. It is infuriating. Often the woman is the mastermind behind a murder, and she will either not get convicted or get a jaw dropping light sentence.

If there was ever a case that should have been tried it is the Broussard case. There is plenty of evidence to put the now convicted defendant behind bars for life--- Is it just lazy prosecutors- they have such a busy schedule, they just want to lighten the load? could be.

In any event it is offensive when a murder of this nature does not get the murderer a life sentence- and where the now convicted defendant could get paroled in perhaps 25 years or less.

Prosecution in Travis County leaves me shocked and dismayed. I don't understand why some victims and defendants warrant immediate judicial attention while others are stuck in limbo for years until a plea deal is negotiated and presented to the court. Here you go -- take it or leave it.

For example, Heidi was murdered in 2019, MF apprehended and charged fairly quickly, yet her case dragged on for years. In 2021, MF didn't appear in court for a hearing (remote or otherwise) in all year! And I'm so tired of COVID being used as an excuse.

In comparison, we have the murder of visiting cyclist Mo Wilson by Kaitlin Armstrong in May 2022 and Armstrong is going to trial (in Travis County) in June 2023. Here -- the defendant fled to another country and IMO, the evidence is not nearly as solid as in Heidi's murder.

Do I dare ask if $$$$ rules in Travis County where if you have a high-priced defense team your case gets special treatment and is allowed to jump ahead on the court calendar?

Inquiring minds demand to know!

This plea deal-- more specifically the downgrade to murder and dropping of all other charges, by the DA's office, will forever leave me with a bitter taste. :( :mad: :(:mad:

MOO

Last edited:
Prosecution in Travis County leaves me shocked and dismayed. I don't understand why some victims and defendants warrant immediate judicial attention while others are stuck in limbo for years until a plea deal is negotiated and presented to the court. Here you go -- take it or leave it.

For example, Heidi was murdered in 2019, MF apprehended and charged fairly quickly, yet her case dragged on for years. In 2021, MF didn't appear in court for a hearing (remote or otherwise) in all year! And I'm so tired of COVID being used as an excuse.

In comparison, we have the murder of visiting cyclist Mo Wilson by Kaitlin Armstrong in May 2022 and Armstrong is going to trial (in Travis County) in June 2023. Here -- the defendant fled to another country and IMO, the evidence is not nearly as solid as in Heidi's murder.

Do I dare ask if $$$$ rules in Travis County where if you have a high-priced defense team your case gets special treatment and is allowed to jump ahead on the court calendar?

This plea deal-- more specifically the downgrade to murder and dropping of all other charges, by the DA's office, will forever leave me with a bitter taste. :( :mad: :(:mad:

MOO
A very bitter taste!

MOO
Do you have any idea why they took capital murder off the table and dropped the other charges? It blows my mind-- This is one of the worst crimes I have ever heard of- I am outraged! The only thing I could think of is maybe Heidi's parents wanted this over with and agreed with the plea to avoid a trial and all of the ugliness involved with that.

Do you have any idea why they took capital murder off the table and dropped the other charges? It blows my mind-- This is one of the worst crimes I have ever heard of- I am outraged! The only thing I could think of is maybe Heidi's parents wanted this over with and agreed with the plea to avoid a trial and all of the ugliness involved with that.

I have no idea and think the residents that elected this DA should be screaming from the rooftops!

And to be clear, I don't have a problem with the DA negotiating a capital murder guilty plea agreement for a 55-year sentence and waiving any appeal right where the statute specifically provides a defendant convicted of capital murder must serve 40 years in DOC before becoming eligible for parole release.

However, I do have a problem with the reduction in charge to murder that made MF eligible for release after only 27.5 years or 50% of the sentence imposed. MOO

Last edited:
Not good enough. You can do better, Travis County! :mad:

FEB 2, 2023

Magen Fieramusca walks into a courtroom at the Blackwell-Thurman Criminal Justice Center in downtown Austin on Thursday before pleading guilty to a charge of murder in the death of Austin mom Heidi Broussard.

[...]

"It is difficult, if not impossible, to find justice or any sort of resolution to this horrendous crime," Alvarenga told Fieramusca from the stand. "Ms. Fieramusca, the fact is that by your actions, you have deprived an innocent child, an innocent baby of the opportunity of growing up with her mother. You have destroyed an entire family. No matter what the sentence — no matter how long, no matter how harsh — nothing can change that. Nothing can make this family whole again."

[...]

Fieramusca was originally charged with capital murder. District Attorney José Garza said he felt the plea bargain was appropriate and "saved the family potentially decades of the painful post-litigation process and helped secure justice."

[...]

I have no idea and think the residents that elected this DA should be screaming from the rooftops!

And to be clear, I don't have a problem with the DA negotiating a capital murder guilty plea agreement for a 55-year sentence and waiving any appeal right where the statute specifically provides a defendant convicted of capital murder must serve 40 years in DOC before becoming eligible for parole release.

However, I do have a problem with the reduction in charge to murder that made MF eligible for release after only 27.5 years or 50% of the sentence imposed. MOO
that is what gets me too!

A judicial slap on the wrist for murdering Heidi. :mad::(

No consequences at all for kidnapping Heidi’s newborn baby girl. :mad:!!!

No consequences for Heidi’s body being left to rot in the trunk of a car parked right outside the door of where Heidi’s kidnapped daughter was being held. :(!!

I’m shocked that I have not seen even one news article where outrage is being expressed by Heidi’s friends, loved ones or even just community members! <\3

Baby M will be 30ish when MF becomes eligible for parole. May MC grow up to have a strong and powerful voice. May she have enough love, guidance and support to counterbalance the profound negative emotions that she will experience as she learns the details.(IMO) Much love and highest hopes are being sent from my heart to Heidi’s children.

I hope parole will be denied until the 55 year sentence is served. That’d make MF 80 something and I’d personally be satisfied. Maybe I’m a bitter old so & so, though.

A judicial slap on the wrist for murdering Heidi. :mad::(

No consequences at all for kidnapping Heidi’s newborn baby girl. :mad:!!!

No consequences for Heidi’s body being left to rot in the trunk of a car parked right outside the door of where Heidi’s kidnapped daughter was being held. :(!!

I’m shocked that I have not seen even one news article where outrage is being expressed by Heidi’s friends, loved ones or even just community members! <\3

Baby M will be 30ish when MF becomes eligible for parole. May MC grow up to have a strong and powerful voice. May she have enough love, guidance and support to counterbalance the profound negative emotions that she will experience as she learns the details.(IMO) Much love and highest hopes are being sent from my heart to Heidi’s children.

I hope parole will be denied until the 55 year sentence is served. That’d make MF 80 something and I’d personally be satisfied. Maybe I’m a bitter old so & so, though.
You've expressed my thoughts completely. I will remain outraged and puzzled.
I hope she will not be allowed to reach out to Heidi's daughter- ever. I would not put it past her: she is beyond evil and I would not put it past her to try and reach out to Heidi's daughter when she is paroled!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmiter
Back